Quantcast

The Pioneer Woman Cooks

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

crayola box

The short ribs are in the oven as I write this and I can't wait for them to hurry up and be done already. I am not a big polenta fan so am thinking maybe mashed potatoes or pureed turnip to go with it. And for tomorrow I think I will steal an idea from one of the comments on the blog: remove the fat from the liquid, blend the sauce, shred the meat and mix with pasta.

intraultra

big monster lover
I love the site and if I was a cooking woman, would be all over her recipes.
For now I just read and dream of how wonderful everything must taste.
The exact same for me. But, my mom knows I like reading her blog and bought her cookbook for me for my birthday about a week ago. I guess this means I have to finally make something!

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
Has anyone omitted or substituted anything for the red wine in the stew recipe? I hate the taste...and we don't drink..so I'd hate to waste a bottle. I know most people use stock/broth..but just wondering if it will still have the depth of flavors with the sub.
Sorry this reply took so long, but Post wine and probably other wineries make grape (and muscadine) juices in bottles just to match some of their wines. Post Red Muscadine Juice and Post White Muscadine Juice is the bee's knees. Most major liquor stores and some discount stores sell it. I use it all the time to substitute for wine in cooking. It has no alcohol and it is the parent juice that the wine comes from. My family usually buys it by the case at the Post winery in Altus, Arkansas when we are in the vicinity (and have $$).

Isa

In search of....
The exact same for me. But, my mom knows I like reading her blog and bought her cookbook for me for my birthday about a week ago. I guess this means I have to finally make something!
Cool. Now go cook something and don't forget to return and post some photos! :)

Tracyarts

I made her pumpkin, gingersnap, caramel cheesecake a couple days ago as a birthday surprise for somebody who likes pumpkin, gingersnaps, caramel, and cheesecake.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/11/caramel-pumpkin-gingersnap-cheesecake-so-there/

It came out really well. My only complaint is that *for my preferences* the caramel sauce pushed it over the edge sweetness-wise. So next time I make it, I'll just leave the caramel sauce out and just serve some on the side for whoever wants to top theirs with it. Now, I am not a cheesecake fan. Never have been. But this one was less cheesecake-y and more pumpkin-y, so I liked it more than I thought I would.

Tracy

CrankySpice

Unwashed.
I made her pumpkin, gingersnap, caramel cheesecake a couple days ago as a birthday surprise for somebody who likes pumpkin, gingersnaps, caramel, and cheesecake.

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2008/11/caramel-pumpkin-gingersnap-cheesecake-so-there/

It came out really well. My only complaint is that *for my preferences* the caramel sauce pushed it over the edge sweetness-wise. So next time I make it, I'll just leave the caramel sauce out and just serve some on the side for whoever wants to top theirs with it. Now, I am not a cheesecake fan. Never have been. But this one was less cheesecake-y and more pumpkin-y, so I liked it more than I thought I would.

Tracy
Great job on the cheesecake, it looks beautiful!!

JerseyGirl07093

Stick a fork in me
I went to the library today and saw her cookbook The Pioneer Woman Cooks. I just had to check it out, the food looks so yummy! Hopefully I'll get to try a recipe or two (or three). :eat2:

Latest posts