The Ponderous Woman online comics

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
Some time ago I did a comic that was for sale online (CafePress. I think?) called "the Ponderous Woman: Not As They Seem"... Earlier this year I dusted it off and it is available once again on itch.io - it was kind of my weird fattening-expansion-fetish take on the "Hansel & Gretel" tale.

Looking at it for the first time in maybe ten years made me wistful for the story, and the character of Joey (the PW) and her even larger friend, Bertha. I did the sketch attached here, showing Joey's surprise at her expanding girth!

Attachments

Reactions: Tad

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
I have recently started to "remaster" the "Bigger is Better" trilogy from the original PW comics - the first part in PW #9 has been posted at my Deviant Art page.

While fixing and recolouring the artwork is a fair amount of effort, getting to draw new covers is a lot of fun! These 3 issues originally had pretty dull covers, so making some new artwork for them was a real treat. I've attached the original artwork here for comparison. :)

Attachments

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
Summer is so busy, it's hard to find time to sketch! But I managed to get another issue of the Ponderous Woman remastered and up on my DeviantArt page (the link is in my signature).

This one features another brand new cover drawing - it was so much fun to draw a super-sized Joey for this one! I hope you like it!

Attachments

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
Oops! I have been tardy in sharing updates. I am still "remastering" the PW stories from 20 years ago and posting them on Deviant Art (see the address in my sig).

The lastest is a GOOD one, too - it's by a wonderful artist, and former Dimensions member, Biggie! Biggie (who is on DA as "Bigggie") hasn't been active online since 2007, and he is woefully missed. But I hope Eric & Tina are happy, healthy and living a wonderful life together!

This issue is from early 2000.

Thanks for reading!
Brenda

Attachments

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
For the most recently remastered PW post on my DeviantArt site, I had to make another new cover.

I am really loving the chance to go back and draw these characters and scenes again. A part of my subconscious nags me that replacing it is kind of like "revisionist history," but I shrug it off pretty easily. The original low-res files were just too ugly. It is a shame that disk space, and server space, was so limited back then - and I wish I'd kept the original scans. C'est la vie!

Attachments

Sonic Purity

Grateful for calm, rational discussion and science
A part of my subconscious nags me that replacing it is kind of like "revisionist history," but I shrug it off pretty easily. The original low-res files were just too ugly.
Good! Shrug it off entirely. You are remastering in the full sense of the word.

For decades, the 1961 pop hit song Runaway by Del Shannon was plagued with the audio distortion known as “flutter”—every version, from the original Big Top Records single through every oldies compilation. Somehow, somewhere, someone got the actual original master tape and ran it on good-quality modern equipment: no flutter. The first time i heard it like that was either the 1980s or 1990s. Same song, sounding better like it never before had (to the general public at least).

It was very well remastered, like your PW 2020s releases.

It is a shame that disk space, and server space, was so limited back then - and I wish I'd kept the original scans. C'est la vie!
(Laughs) oh yeah. I was doing phonograph record digitizations then, and there just wasn’t enough space (that i could afford) for storing the raw digitizations, much less any of the intermediate processing steps prior to the final. I often couldn’t even save the final file(s), other than as the actual final standard CD-DA audio CD-R. I knew this was a problem at the time; figured i’d just have to re-digitize the record(s) some future year, if necessary.

At least you have enough to do the remastering and make PW and friends come to life for a whole new generation (and those like me who somehow missed it the first time around).

fatgirl33

Just doodlin'
Some new updates over on my DeviantArt page... I am still working through the remastering of the original PW series.

Issue #16 was posted a little while ago - this was a fun one! I hope you enjoy. Lots more coming I hope before the end of 2021.

Attachments

Latest posts