• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

The Pregnancy Inconsistency

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bellyfan123123

Something that I've wondered for a long time: How did pregnant bellies get to be cool and somehow leave fat bellies in the dust?

Over the past several decades, public perception towards pregnant women has undergone a 180 degree change. No longer are they forced to hide their growing bellies behind baggy tent dresses, and rightly so! Even though there are still more than enough men who lack the good sense of taste to appreciate the pregnant form, society in general celebrates it, if not in a sexual way, then at least for its transcendent beauty.

Conversely, "mainstream society" still treats women with fat bellies (and butts and legs and everything else) just as badly as ever. First of all, the irony of extra poundage being a common byproduct of the childbearing experience seems to have gotten totally lost somewhere. And still, magazines will show pregnant celebrities in bikinis and call them cute, but chide the same woman if she shows an inch of pooch unrelated to procreation.

What I want to know is, why can this be on a magazine cover, but not this?

I realize I'm perhaps in the minority being sexually attracted to both, but why can't the latter be seen as "beautiful" as the former?

Back