The Reality Of Dating An SSBBW

Discussion in 'BBW/FA Board' started by largenlovely, Apr 26, 2008.

1. Mar 24, 2019 #1421

Volt01

Volt01

Volt01

VOLKSWAGEN DRIVING SHORTSTACK LOVING BADASS

hey i drive a classic volkswagen beetle, ill try and make it work

2. Jun 26, 2019 #1422

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Ahem Prema Staff Member Global Moderator

Back on topic is a great idea. Before you guys make any kind of decision or change what you are doing, read through this thread.

One thing that I have experienced is that I get between 40 and 80 requests for messages on Instagram every week. These are all men, many trying to pass themselves off as American Soldiers that are stationed overseas. It is a scam, I’ve read about it, saw the news clips about it, heck I’ve watched the show catfished. So that means the likelihood of me engaging with someone from IG is null.

Many supersized women myself included have horror stories about how we have been treated, dumped, used, and just not had good luck with the guys. I was made fun of all through school and even I to college I was an outcast. Unfortunately when you approach me you are paying the price of the ones that did not do it nicely.

3. Jun 26, 2019 #1423

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent? Staff Member Global Moderator

And here lies the conundrum we face: On the one hand, we have guys who are looking for love, companionship, and relationships with lovely women of size but can't seem to find them anywhere. They are willing to do most anything right and decent in the spirit of togetherness but for some reason the apple of their eye remains elusive.
    On the other hand, we have many, many women, both young and more mature alike, that have been jaded by similar experiences as what DragonFly has alluded to: crappy catfish stories, scammers, and outright jackasses. I get it. Most people are vulnerable when it comes to affairs of the heart and most times your fears are doubled when/if you are a BBW/BHM and every iteration thereof. It's hard to trust when your trust's been broken, kicked, and stepped upon so many times. Us guys just have to be patient and show our true selves as much as possible. We all have to take risks; even though there's a chance of getting hurt (again). What's the alternative? Being alone when you know good and damn well you don't really want to be? Just keep swinging ladies and gentlemen. Just keep swinging!

happily_married and Sonic Purity like this.
  4. Jun 26, 2019 #1424

VVET

VVET

VVET

Found out that my wife's cousin (who planned our trip to Las Vegas & The Grand Canyon) had very little idea of what handicapped access is. She asked if you could get a scooter on an Cadillac Escalade(yes after lifting the 187# scooter about 3 feet), a tour bus(yes, but you still had to climb the stairs on & off of it) ((My wife fell once getting off)) afterward I had to help her get into bed, as the beds were tall & she's short, & hurting after the fall. Also there were excellent cabs for loading scooters/wheelchairs, for going around town or back to the airport. Also to note, anyone going to Hawaii, we highly commend Access Aloha, for anyone needing handicapped travel on Oahu.

BigElectricKat likes this.
  5. Jun 26, 2019 #1425

happily_married

happily_married

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

The guys lamenting no BBWs available in their areas, I’d you read nothing else, read @DragonFly post above and read the post I’ve quoted here.

Between the defenses some women construct for the reasons she lays out and the day to day challenges larger girls face (see the post I quoted) you definitely need to be ready to 1) navigate through a complex minefield of emotional issues and 2) be ready to settle in for the long haul when helping her deal with daily frustrations.

The member I quoted hasn’t posted in some time, but it may as well have been my wife posting what she did. Every single one of her frustrations are things I’ve seen my wife grapple with too.

It isn’t always fun. It isn’t always glamorous. It damn sure isn’t always sexy. It’s a lot to deal with at times. And just “liking fat girls” is not going to be enough to get you in. Each person is unique and may not be motivated by the same things that other bigger girls value.

Like I said, it’s a complex minefield. And even once you find the one you’re not done. At that point you’re only getting started!

6. Jun 27, 2019 #1426

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

BigElectricKat

Are you intelligent? Staff Member Global Moderator

You make a good point. Folks (guys) are generally looking at the prospect of dating a SSBBW with an eye toward primarily the sexual side of things. But as you point out, there's a lot more that goes into being in a relationship than just sex. You have to be prepared to deal with all of the other aspects of living with/dating someone who is larger than life. You have to go into it with "a servant's heart" and be prepared to do more than buy meals and flowers (although I'm sure many would appreciate those gestures).

7. Jun 28, 2019 #1427

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

Lol! We are out there.

goodman4ssbbw likes this.
  8. Jun 28, 2019 #1428

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly

You guys both make good points.

9. Jun 28, 2019 #1429

Sidhuriel

Sidhuriel

Sidhuriel

Cooking Queen

Indeed. I never had trouble finding love as a fat girl. I think as long as someone can look beyond cultural expectations and has the confidence to follow their dreams, they will happily date anyone of a body type they desire and there's plenty of love for SSBBWS and BBWS to go around.

Emmy and happily_married like this.
  10. Jul 2, 2019 #1430

DragonFly

DragonFly

DragonFly