The Return - by Jake (JMJ) (~BBW, ~BHM, Gluttony, ~~WG)

Discussion in 'Special Interests Archive' started by Jake (JMJ), Jul 24, 2010.

1. Mar 7, 2011 #41

Derp

Derp

Derp

Awesoooome! Thank you sir. Each installment has me more eager for the next.

2. Mar 7, 2011 #42

szofiel

szofiel

szofiel

Very rewarding!!! But please, this has to be the one of the most anticipated stories ever written on this board, you have everyone waiting for your next installment. Don't be so cruel.

3. Mar 7, 2011 #43

mikael

mikael

mikael

great new chapter. this is probably my favorite story

4. Mar 8, 2011 #44

Mac5689

Mac5689

Mac5689

I'm going to take a guess and say that Kenneth's powers can spread by touch, since thats what seems to have happen to Tanya, unless i'm wrong.

5. Mar 8, 2011 #45

FooMan

FooMan

FooMan

This story started a little slow (at least to me, and was a little derivative), but after the first couple of parts I have enjoyed the pace and detail of the story immensely. I am eagerly awaiting to see where you go with this further. Thank You for a very fine effort thus far.
    Foo

6. Mar 9, 2011 #46

captaincane99

captaincane99

captaincane99

Like your characters, you leave us wanting more, more and more still. An excellent work!

7. Mar 11, 2011 #47

Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ)

I'm glad you are enjoying it. I'm working on the rough draft for the next part as we speak.

Thanks again.

Jake (JMJ)

8. Mar 14, 2011 #48

Caleb

Caleb

Caleb

This is fast becoming my favourite WG story of all time!

9. Mar 24, 2011 #49

Coop

Coop

Coop

Proud owner of Megas

How much longer until the ultimate cave-in? I can't wait!

10. Apr 19, 2011 #50

Mac5689

Mac5689

Mac5689

I totally forgot about this story until the last installment popped into my head the other day.

I can't wait for a new update, if there will be one.

11. Apr 19, 2011 #51

Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ)

Here is the next part of the story. Finally found a little groove so I've been able to write more.

Hope you enjoy.

Thanks.

Jake (JMJ)

Steve grunts as he lifts a box of papers off of his desk and brings it back to the filing cabinet. The portly cop wipes a few beads of sweat off his forehead and heads back to his desk. He plops in his chair and gulps some water from his Poland Spring bottle before getting ready to type up the last report on a robbery case he and Jim had been working on.

Ever since Jim quit smoking, Steve has been the more active of the two, moving files, taking more notes, getting things from the filing cabinet, and just generally being the more “fit” of the two. In fact, the other officers in the precinct have been complimenting him on his work and praising him for not being like his weight “challenged” partner.

These statements don’t sit well with Steve. For one, he’s not the type to make fun of people (especially for their weight), he wasn’t raised that way. Secondly, and almost as important, he has a lingering suspicion that up until recently, Jim was in much better shape than the majority of the other officers at the precinct. The round ball of a man sitting across from him, face covered in powdered sugar and jelly is not completely familiar to him, even if it is to everyone else.

“Well that case is done. Good thing too, I don’t think I could have handled typing ‘Mr. Jagoff’ anymore with a straight face” Steve says.

“Mmmm hmmm.”

“Oh yeah, I forgot to ask, how’d the date go the other night with the forensic examiner?”

Steve looks at his partner for a response but does not get one. He is too concerned with the double frosted donut in his mouth as opposed to carrying on a conversation. The African American cop glances down at the waste basket and sees two empty Dunkin Donut boxes piled high along with other junk food wrappers from this latest binge overflowing the trash.

“Jesus Christ man, you should slow down a little? Seriously, stop eating for a minute and tell me how the date went? It’s been three days and you haven’t said a word about it.”

Jim still doesn’t respond to the question nor does he stop eating.

“Fine, ignore me and keep eating. Pretend as if I don’t exist” Steve says, disgruntled by his partners lack of respect.

The phone at Jim’s desk rings but he makes no effort to answer it. He takes a swig of Cherry Coke from the can right next to the phone and goes back to his feast, all the while Steve’s face turns a darker shade of red from frustration.

“Jim, your phone is ringing. Jim, you might want to pick that up. Jim, Jim? Oh for god sakes. JIM, PICK UP YOUR DAMN PHONE!”

Jim finally snaps out of his daze but by then it’s too late, the caller has given up. Chins quivering, the obese cop looks at his partner, a confused look on his bloated face.

“What, what’s wrong? Why were you yelling at me? Are you ready to get an early lunch” Jim asks, a smear of chocolate on his lips.

“Your phone was ringing and you were completely oblivious to it. Then I’m trying to ask you a question and you are too busy eating to pay attention. What’s up with you man?” Steve asks, concern on his face.

The once laid back and all business cop struggles with the question as his eyes dart from his food to his partner and back to his food again. He plops another donut into his mouth and washes the fried pastry down with more soda before burping loudly.

“Er, err, it’s nothing. I just have a lot on my mind at the moment. I don’t really want to get into it too much” he says.

Steve, being a good friend, probes a little more into it. “Like what? You can tell me man, we’ve been partners for years. The quitting smoking? Bad date? What is it?

Jim’s face turns beet red as he recalls his date with Tanya. For the past three days she has been calling him nonstop to apologize but he has ignored her calls. He is still too embarrassed by it to want to face her. He crams the last two donuts into his face and tosses the box in the garbage as he sulks in his chair. He feels his phone vibrate and looks down to see Tanya calling him again. Jim puts the phone on his desk and gets up to go to the soda machine for another Coke, his wide hip brushing against the desk and knocking a note pad over, something that is lost on him.

Steve watches his partner waddle away and grows very concerned with his behavior lately. He knows something is off with his partner but he can’t place it. While he is still having mixed feelings on whether or not his partner has always been fat, he does know his partner has never been shy or reluctant to talk about anything, work or sexual conquests or failures. Now he’s not even going to tell him what happened on a first date? Steve knows something is up and is determined to get to the bottom of it.

“Damn it, huff, the machine is out of Cherry Coke. Had to get Diet. The taste, is just, huff, not there” Jim says as the out of breath cop sits back down, his vast paunch shaking as he takes each breath.

“We can get more later when we go out for lunch. Now I want to know, what happened on this date? Did it go ok? Is she a nice girl? She seemed nice when we met her at the crime scene. What gives? Was the food not good?”

“I, I don’t want to talk about it. The date didn’t go well and there’s nothing else to say. I’ll never see her again and that’s that” Jim says matter of factly.

His friend and partner is still not convinced. “Why is that? No chemistry? Nothing in common? Just tell me, I can see that it’s bothering you and you know it’ll help if you get it off your chest instead of keeping it bottled up inside.”

“You’re not a therapist so don’t pretend to be one. I don’t want to talk about it and that is the end of it” Jim responds, his voice filled with rage.

Steve exits his chair and puts his hand on his partners shoulder as if to reassure him but Jim forcefully lifts the hand up and pushes him back. The smaller of the two cops is surprised by the reaction and almost falls back due to shock but regains his composure. As he does his friend stands up and uses his gut to push his friend back some more.

“Why do you have to get involved in my personal life? You think that just because we’re partners you get to ask about every single thing in my life? That’s not how it works damn it.”

The no longer fit and calm cop waddles closer to his friend and sticks his finger in his face. It is apparent Jim is not going to discuss the situation and is now beginning to show signs of using force to make sure the discussion ends.

“Ask me again what happened the other night Steve and I’ll make you eat my fucking fist.” Jim has never been like this but he is now feeding off of unknown emotions and he’s getting a rush almost as big as when he eats. “I’m sick and tired of you trying to analyze everything, just stay the hell away from me damn it!”

With that, Jim waddles out of the speechless police station and heads down the block to the nearest train. There is only one person that he wants to talk to right now and it isn’t Steve, it’s the professor. The professor he thinks will help him with his current situation. If nothing else, he knows he’ll be able to catch a good glimpse of Jasmine again.

Meanwhile, at the station, Steve slumps back to his chair in utter disbelief at what has just transpired. A few other cops check to make sure he is ok and he assures them that he is fine. They all remind him that smokers are usually irritable after quitting. Steve agrees but isn’t buying it. He now knows that something is definitely wrong with his friend and it isn’t just irritability from quitting smoking. He doesn’t know what it is but is definitely going to start investigating. He’s about to think of places to start when his phone rings.

“This is Detective Baker.”

“Oh hi detective, it’s Tanya Morris. We met at that crime scene.”

Steve is puzzled as to why she’d call after Jim said the date went horribly but decides to play along anyway to hopefully get some answers. “Yes I remember. How are you Ms. Morris?”

“Tanya works. I’m doing ok. Is your partner around? I’ve been calling him but he hasn’t gotten back to me.
    I just want to make sure he’s ok after the other night”, concern in her voice.

Now Steve knows something is definitely up and decides Tanya may have some answers. “No he’s actually not around at the moment. Hey are you free right now? I actually wanted to go over some issues regarding that crime scene the other night?

“I’m actually at work right now detective and I probably won’t have time tonight to talk.”

“That’s ok, how does tomorrow morning sound?”

Tanya is still apprehensive on the other end of the line. “I don’t know detective, I have so much to do that I…”

“We can grab breakfast, my treat.”

“How does 9:30 at that diner 5 Star on 89th sound?”

“I’ll see you there Tanya. Thanks again.”

Steve hangs up the phone and pulls out a notepad from his desk and jots down the time and place he’ll be meeting Tanya tomorrow. He may have just solved one case but this next case is going to be the strangest one he’ll ever attempt to solve. He does find it a bit odd that Tanya went from being unwilling to meet to bending over backwards to see him, just because he offered free breakfast. He’s totally unprepared for what he is going to see at the diner the next morning.

12. Apr 20, 2011 #52

ShammyBoy

ShammyBoy

ShammyBoy

As much as I love the update, each one just leaves me waiting for the next. Curses!

13. Apr 20, 2011 #53

Mac5689

Mac5689

Mac5689

When Jim was yelling at Steve, I was waiting for their boss to call them into his/her office to see what was the matter.

Can't wait for the next installment.

14. Apr 23, 2011 #54

Caleb

Caleb

Caleb

This is simply page-turning stuff! Cannot wait for the next chapter! Great stuff!

15. May 10, 2011 #55

captaincane99

captaincane99

captaincane99

Great work! I'm anxious to see what's next.

16. May 14, 2011 #56

Coop

Coop

Coop

Proud owner of Megas

So when is the next part?

17. May 29, 2011 #57

Derp

Derp

Derp

Please sir, Can I have some more? :bow:

18. May 29, 2011 #58

Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ)

Jake (JMJ)

I appreciate all the feedback and support. Unfortunately, my computer crashed and every single project I'm working on, both for work and my creative writing projects has been lost. I am in the process of trying to get everything back so it's probably going to be a little while longer before the next part.

Sorry for the bad news.

Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

Jake (JMJ)

19. May 30, 2011 #59

Derp

Derp

Derp

.......Balls.

20. May 30, 2011 #60

Coop

Coop

Coop

Proud owner of Megas

Well crap. Good luck with your computer.