Quantcast

The Thread For Long-Time Members To Check In...

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

hydroplanes

Hello. I made my first post yesterday in "de-lurk" thread. Been a member for almost 14 years now just making posts now. Granted, it has been quite a while since I have been on the forum.

Ruby74

I've noticed a few comments lately wondering about formerly active members who haven't posted at Dims for awhile. I hope no one minds this thread idea.

If you're a former or (somewhat) current regular who (for whatever reason) doesn't post anymore but checks in from time to time, please feel free to drop a quick message here to let us know what's up.

No pressure, no stress.

There's certainly no shortage of social media outlets to keep contact with people, but think of this as just an outlet for a quick hello. Like meeting an old friend for a quick drink at that pub you used to frequent...

(If, by chance, you've become a vampire and no longer feel the need to use an 'impersonal internet forum' you can certainly feel free to make a quick post after sunset. We won't judge. These things happen...)
Thank you so much for starting this check in..... much needed.

AndSoItGoes

So this is a new account and name. Posted a few times and rarely lurked with this new me,until a few weeks ago.
My old name, in part, rhymed with flossy.

Sonic Purity

Jiggle Junkie
I did morphs for a short time many years ago, I also did many drawings. The only thing left here though, are the stories I wrote.
Thank you for being part of my online fatosphere experience of times past. Blame Picasso was a known entity/“brand” in my world, then. I never came across your stories back then, so now that i know, they’re on my To Read list.

Reactions: Tad

Mystic Rain

Mewtwo is life
I am a long time member, signed up in 2005, but I haven't been here for 8 years now. Things have really changed since then. After my diabetes diagnosis and needing to lose weight, I didn't feel like I fit in anymore (unintentional pun there).

I also had found a boyfriend, which became my husband, but the marriage ended in separation last year and divorce was finalized at beginning of this year. If anyone wants more details, please check out my profile. My weight has seesawed despite my efforts, and always trends upward rather than downward, especially when stressed.

I am still rather heavy and I love to eat, but at the same time I need to cut back to lose the weight for health reasons. So it's frustrating because I am left feeling hungry all the time, but the weight seems to go nowhere. It's enough for me throw up my hands and just give in to my desires of eating to my heart's content, diets and diabetes be damned.

I am sorry for the long post, but just saying 'hi' again and that I am well.

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
I am a long time member, signed up in 2005, but I haven't been here for 8 years now. Things have really changed since then. After my diabetes diagnosis and needing to lose weight, I didn't feel like I fit in anymore (unintentional pun there).

I also had found a boyfriend, which became my husband, but the marriage ended in separation last year and divorce was finalized at beginning of this year. If anyone wants more details, please check out my profile. My weight has seesawed despite my efforts, and always trends upward rather than downward, especially when stressed.

I am still rather heavy and I love to eat, but at the same time I need to cut back to lose the weight for health reasons. So it's frustrating because I am left feeling hungry all the time, but the weight seems to go nowhere. It's enough for me throw up my hands and just give in to my desires of eating to my heart's content, diets and diabetes be damned.

I am sorry for the long post, but just saying 'hi' again and that I am well.
Hi Mystic!
No apology needed for a long post; I have that same tendency myself. :)

I was a member back in the Olden Days (late 90s to early 00s), but I wasn't around when you were here last (I was on my own fitness/weight-loss journey from about 2003-2008).
I didn't create an account on the new site until 2007, and then I only peeked-in occasionally to see what was going on.

I didn't start sticking around again until this year. My weight had yo-yo'ed from 2008 through the end of 2019, but I've been [very] steadily gaining weight again since Christmas. (I've gained 90+ pounds since Christmas Day.)
Chronic depression and being furloughed in April then losing my job in May due to the pandemic have fed that increase (no pun intended).
(I'm an emotional binge-eater with an addictive personality).

I've been putting a little more effort into controlling my appetite in the past few weeks, otherwise I'd be fast approaching the 400-pound mark.
(I'm 366 right now; I was 270 on Christmas Day.)

I enjoy eating, and being fat (a lot), but there's also a side of me that enjoys fitness (strength-training, martial arts; and I put together my own weight-room in my house so I could avoid paying a gym membership [that I currently wouldn't be using]), and fitness-minded nutrition.
Those two sides of my personality are kind of in constant battle with each other (so I understand your struggle),
but (very obviously, looking at my avatar) my Fat Side is currently very much in control.

Anyway... I honestly didn't intend to make this a long post, but see? I do it, too.

Nice to meet you, and I am glad you are doing well. :)

Latest posts