The Thread for Random Single Confessions Part ... I don't know what Part

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Micara

Living and Learning
IC that I just took a "Dead Soulmate" quiz and got Vincent Van Gogh with a runner-up of Edgar Allan Poe. I'm not quite sure what this says about me... :confused:

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
LOL! This is great! How come Scrabble is so smart? Whoever came up with the term bird brain clearly didn't know what they were talking about!

I talk to him and explain things to him (like he's a person). :blush: He thinks he's a person.......that flies lol

Greys are extremely smart and sensitive birds. So far, research shows that Greys can have the intelligence of a 7 year old child (they can know their colors, count, know the concept of zero, etc), and are "emotionally" 2 years old..yeah, that's right, he'll act out like a 2 year old at times for the rest of his life. :eek: He's very, very good though.......if I explain things, he'll not act up. All of this is good and bad. The bad being that if they're not properly treated and stimulated, they emotionally shut down, will mutilate themselves, etc. They keep you on your toes.

Scrab is quite unique......he's not as wary as most Greys, and is very affectionate (the majority can be quite aloof). An avian behavior consultant just fell in love with him (she also said I should show him in the National Cage Bird Show since he's in perfect feather), and I've been asked countless times if I'd be willing to sell him. They get quickly told he's not for sale. :D We fell in love with each other the moment we met.

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
I talk to him and explain things to him (like he's a person). :blush: He thinks he's a person.......that flies lol

Greys are extremely smart and sensitive birds. So far, research shows that Greys can have the intelligence of a 7 year old child (they can know their colors, count, know the concept of zero, etc), and are "emotionally" 2 years old..yeah, that's right, he'll act out like a 2 year old at times for the rest of his life. :eek: He's very, very good though.......if I explain things, he'll not act up. All of this is good and bad. The bad being that if they're not properly treated and stimulated, they emotionally shut down, will mutilate themselves, etc. They keep you on your toes.

Scrab is quite unique......he's not as wary as most Greys, and is very affectionate (the majority can be quite aloof). An avian behavior consultant just fell in love with him (she also said I should show him in the National Cage Bird Show since he's in perfect feather), and I've been asked countless times if I'd be willing to sell him. They get quickly told he's not for sale. :D We fell in love with each other the moment we met.

Act out like a two year old? Like the time he pooped on your shoulder on purpose? lol

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
Act out like a two year old? Like the time he pooped on your shoulder on purpose? lol

Yep. lol

Temper tantrums when they don't get what they want, etc.

He LOVES to throw a toy, say "Oops!", you give it back to him, and he does it again. He has us well trained. :rolleyes:

Crystal

IC that while my gallbladder surgery in December led to much happiness and relief, I am currently cursing my lack of one due to...unforeseen side effects.

Ugh.

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
IC that while my gallbladder surgery in December led to much happiness and relief, I am currently cursing my lack of one due to...unforeseen side effects.

Ugh.

I'm sorry, my darling! I had mine out four years ago and I didn't have any problems beforehand they just said it wasn't working so it should go. I'd much rather have it back now rather than be dealing with the side effects!

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars

Ugh.

LOL! Yeah I know what you mean.

I'm sorry, my darling! I had mine out four years ago and I didn't have any problems beforehand they just said it wasn't working so it should go. I'd much rather have it back now rather than be dealing with the side effects!

I have to admit a big confusion here.....had mine taken out back in 1996.....and never missed it. Only problems I had was scar tissue causing me pain at the incision site due to my gallbladder getting infected.....but nothing else.

Crystal

I have to admit a big confusion here.....had mine taken out back in 1996.....and never missed it. Only problems I had was scar tissue causing me pain at the incision site due to my gallbladder getting infected.....but nothing else.

Google "Dumping Syndrome/Gallbladder."

:p

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
Google "Dumping Syndrome/Gallbladder."

:p

Haha, yep, that too. That explains A LOT actually. I was wondering if I was just getting sick more often, if it was my diet, but nope, it's my gallbladderlessness, good to know.

Crystal

IC that my mom drives me insane.

She forgets EVERYTHING. And not in the usual, growing older way. But in the "You didn't tell me that and I know for a fact you didn't! *10 minutes later* Well, I told you that you told me that. Why are you explaining it again?"

*pulls her hair out*

ButlerGirl09

Sugar Magnolia
IC that I have a serious basketball addiction right now... Bring on the March Madness!! Gotta send some love to my alma mater Butler. Way to win, Dawgs! :bow:

Crystal

IC that my bracket is COMPLETELY gone to hell thanks to all these upsets.

Though, I'm not going to complain. I love a good underdog victory. :D

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
Sat., the first day of Spring, and we got snow flurries. I woke up in the middle of the night to falling snow and everything covered in a blanket of white. I had the A/C turned on a few days ago. Crazy ass Texas weather.

When I got the birds up this morning, I told Scrabble it was snowing. He looked up at the ceiling in utter bafflement. LOL

I should go take some pics........with dawn breaking, birds singing, everything covered with snow......., but I'm just wearing a t-shirt and could be thrown in jail. :p I'm feeling too lazy to get dressed..... Decisions, decisions.......I would get to eat more snow though....... I need to join SAA (snow addicts anonymous) :D.

activistfatgirl

donuts at the finish line
I confess I want to know what's good on Dimensions these days without having to wade through pages of drama, back-talking, and other pages of I LOVE YOU back-and-forths. I'm trying! I posted in the foodie board, it's like getting into a really cold lake...do you stick your feet in or jump right on in?

Also, I need me some fatty love!

James

vibeout
I confess I want to know what's good on Dimensions these days without having to wade through pages of drama, back-talking, and other pages of I LOVE YOU back-and-forths. I'm trying! I posted in the foodie board, it's like getting into a really cold lake...do you stick your feet in or jump right on in?

Also, I need me some fatty love!

cyberhughighfivepluspancakesfortiffany!

Latest posts