The Thread for Random Single Confessions Part ... I don't know what Part

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
Carbonated water is the BOMB. You can even get it flavoured. No sugar, no sodium. And you get that fizzy fix. You should try it out.
I agree, but why not just go back to regular bottled water? At the Wal-Mart they sell sugar-free Kool-Aid/Crystal Light type packets which are sized for a bottle of water (about 15 packets for two fiddy). I cut down on my soda intake by 50% using these. No, they're not as invigorating as a Dew or a diet Pepsi, but they hydrate you a lot better. They even have the type with electrolytes (it's what the body needs) and vitamins (pronounced 'vitt-a-mins' not 'vye-tuh-mins') to make you feel like you're being even more healthier.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I agree, but why not just go back to regular bottled water? At the Wal-Mart they sell sugar-free Kool-Aid/Crystal Light type packets which are sized for a bottle of water (about 15 packets for two fiddy). I cut down on my soda intake by 50% using these. No, they're not as invigorating as a Dew or a diet Pepsi, but they hydrate you a lot better. They even have the type with electrolytes (it's what the body needs) and vitamins (pronounced 'vitt-a-mins' not 'vye-tuh-mins') to make you feel like you're being even more healthier.

I like the carbonation, that's my issue. And i'm not very fond of the idea of a million tiny bottles out in the ocean anymore. Haha. I also do the Crystal Light thing on occasion, but I don't like the taste of sweetner that much.

We're encouraged to drink tap water here as we have very good water treatment facilities. I have no problem with that AT ALL.

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
=O Flavoured Carbonated Water?! Zomfg. I'll have to look for it!
[The fizzy is the thing I loved most about soda. Especially fountain drink sodas. It's the thing I miss most. ]

[Wow, I swear I'm the only one who can't stand Crystal Lite. I find it's too sweet and has a funky aftertaste, like when my mom tried getting me to use 'splenda' instead of real sugar. ]

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
=O Flavoured Carbonated Water?! Zomfg. I'll have to look for it!
[The fizzy is the thing I loved most about soda. Especially fountain drink sodas. It's the thing I miss most. ]

[Wow, I swear I'm the only one who can't stand Crystal Lite. I find it's too sweet and has a funky aftertaste, like when my mom tried getting me to use 'splenda' instead of real sugar. ]

HottiMegan

I'm a fat geek!
In Remembrance
IC Mondays are my least favorite day of the week. I'm always tired from the weekend.

JoyJoy

I like the carbonation, that's my issue. And i'm not very fond of the idea of a million tiny bottles out in the ocean anymore. Haha. I also do the Crystal Light thing on occasion, but I don't like the taste of sweetner that much.

We're encouraged to drink tap water here as we have very good water treatment facilities. I have no problem with that AT ALL.
IC the bottled water issue is one of my biggest peeves. If people were more diligent in recycling the plastic bottles - from ALL bottled drinks (water, soda, etc) - it wouldn't be such an issue, but water? Why buy a carton of 24 bottles of WATER when you can invest in a filtration device and a non-BPA water bottle and get your water from the tap - which is often better or just as good as what you buy in the store, and not only save money in the long run, but do Mother Nature a small favor?

I can tell you why most people opt for the many bottles over the alternative....because it's the easier, lazy way out. It's more convenient than holding the bottle under the tap yourself or going to the trouble of putting it through the filter.

Once you have the filtration device and a couple of good water bottles, the only expense you have is the filter every 2-3 months (I can get a pack of 4 for $30 for my Brita Pitcher, which cost me $30 5 years ago. A pack of 4 filters lasts me a year.), vs. whatever you spend weekly on the packs of bottles - ($15/week (ballpark)? x 4 weeks x 12 months = $720/year). Plus, if you do opt for the non-BPA bottle, you'll feel more confident that what you're drinking isn't poisoning you because you have control over what goes in the bottle and don't have to worry about where the water came from. Everyone wins in that scenario.

Meanwhile, "It causes 60 million plastic bottles A DAY to be manufactured, transported and then disposed of in U.S. landfills. It's killing our planet, and for no good reason..."
-Eric Olsen, Natural Resources Defense Council
And that's not even counting all of the millions of bottles that get thrown into ditches and parks and playgrounds, and lakes and oceans, etc that never get picked up. :really sad:

ekmanifest

IC my teenager hates me today and thinks life is unfair. I think it is unfair that his brain is not yet developed enough to understand logic :)

goofy girl

took a sharp left turn
IC that I'm trying to post sexy nekkid pics and I keep getting an error message. boo!

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
For two minutes I held enough money in my hand that I could have went on a two week, 5 star vacation. Plus a new Mac Laptop. Plus whatever else.

But I passed it over and did the right thing.

You're MY bitch now, Visa. ;)

CarlaSixx

Just Another Weirdo
IC I'm freaking out about what to do about my dog. Still trying to find someone who will look after her for me without claiming her as their own. It's MY dog and will ALWAYS be MY dog. But it's to find a way to keep her close to me that's breaking me apart.

Tracyarts

" =O Flavoured Carbonated Water?! Zomfg. I'll have to look for it! "

The brand I buy is La Croix, and I've seen it in the following flavors: Plain, lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit, and cranberry-raspberry. I like lemon and cranberry-raspberry best (I'm drinking one of them right now actually). I like to mix fruit juices in with them sometimes too. Pineapple juice with lemon or orange, cranberry juice with the cranberry-raspberry or lime, orange juice with the lime or lemon. They're literally just flavored sparkling water. No sweetners at all. Like flavored club soda.

Tracy

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
" =O Flavoured Carbonated Water?! Zomfg. I'll have to look for it! "

The brand I buy is La Croix, and I've seen it in the following flavors: Plain, lime, lemon, orange, grapefruit, and cranberry-raspberry. I like lemon and cranberry-raspberry best (I'm drinking one of them right now actually). I like to mix fruit juices in with them sometimes too. Pineapple juice with lemon or orange, cranberry juice with the cranberry-raspberry or lime, orange juice with the lime or lemon. They're literally just flavored sparkling water. No sweetners at all. Like flavored club soda.

Tracy
I love adding juice to carbonated water. So refreshing!

hrd

Why buy a carton of 24 bottles of WATER when you can invest in a filtration device and a non-BPA water bottle and get your water from the tap - which is often better or just as good as what you buy in the store, and not only save money in the long run, but do Mother Nature a small favor?
they've yet to research whether this significantly impacts a person's health, but unless you have a nickel allergy, you may want to opt for stainless steel over even the non-bpa plastic bottles because "Most Plastics Leach Hormone-Like Chemicals" - but whatever you decide, please do invest in a reusable bottle -

Inhibited

IC I'm freaking out about what to do about my dog. Still trying to find someone who will look after her for me without claiming her as their own. It's MY dog and will ALWAYS be MY dog. But it's to find a way to keep her close to me that's breaking me apart.
I feel for you.. this would be so hard ... i hope to hear some good news

Latest posts

Group builder