Quantcast

The Thread for Random Single Confessions Part ... I don't know what Part

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MisticalMisty

That's awesome you got a job so quickly! I'm happy so much is going so well for you.. As for your landlord. That sucks. I had one take nearly all of my deposit on a crappy apartment that was in disrepair. I don't have any pointers on getting it back.
Thanks Megan. Yeah..I'm at a loss with him. I am hoping he does the right thing..and if not..I'll leave it up to the universe to take care of things later.

:)

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
IC - I always hate when I'm getting dressed, take off my undies... get a new pair of undies... get distracted, and then return to see two pair of undies laying on the bed and not know which pair is the fresh one.

And if they are dark coloured and the skids aren't obvious, I usually have to resort to sniffing.... It happened this morning... :0

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
IC - I always hate when I'm getting dressed, take off my undies... get a new pair of undies... get distracted, and then return to see two pair of undies laying on the bed and not know which pair is the fresh one.

And if they are dark coloured and the skids aren't obvious, I usually have to resort to sniffing.... It happened this morning... :0
Most men do the sniffing test just like you did. Don't be so adverse to admitting it, it's a man thing!

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Most men do the sniffing test just like you did. Don't be so adverse to admitting it, it's a man thing!
Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I still feel inadequate because once the used undies have cooled down I can't really distinguish them by smell that well... choosing the fresh pair is kind of a crap-shoot so to speak...

My sense of smell is so bad, if I was a dog, I'd probably be humping boys 50% of the time.

Famouslastwords

Iaintnogoddamnsonofabitch
Thanks for trying to cheer me up, but I still feel inadequate because once the used undies have cooled down I can't really distinguish them by smell that well... choosing the fresh pair is kind of a crap-shoot so to speak...

My sense of smell is so bad, if I was a dog, I'd probably be humping boys 50% of the time.
Ah, interesting. And yet completely gross. It's like that phenomenon, when you leave laundry in the hamper (or on the floor, for some people here) and after a few weeks, it smells clean again! Only, it's wrinkled and you don't wanna iron the previous day's sweat into it. I bet I'm the only one with this problem. Hmm.:blush:

who wants to see my boobs?

just kidding.

Let it be known I have never reworn anything from hamper. Well, or anything that's been in there weeks. Maybe something I put in there two days ago...a pair of jeans or something. I keep digging that hole don't I?

cinnamitch

nope
Ah, interesting. And yet completely gross. It's like that phenomenon, when you leave laundry in the hamper (or on the floor, for some people here) and after a few weeks, it smells clean again! Only, it's wrinkled and you don't wanna iron the previous day's sweat into it. I bet I'm the only one with this problem. Hmm.:blush:

who wants to see my boobs?

just kidding.

Let it be known I have never reworn anything from hamper. Well, or anything that's been in there weeks. Maybe something I put in there two days ago...a pair of jeans or something. I keep digging that hole don't I?
DO NOT type one more thing..:p

fat9276

He is being a douche. I'm not even really expecting to get the deposit back..but at least answer my damn emails. Sheesh.

my sister had to get a lawyer to write a letter to hers (the landlord ignored her too, common practice.. ignore until the ex-tenant gives up)...when the lawyer threatened that he would forfeit after so much time had lapsed plus could get 3x as penalty, he finally gave it back to her. Don't let them get away with it or they will just keep on doing it :|

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
My body is aging geometrically, and by that I mean the grey hairs are coming in at near right angles to the plane of my face. I'd try to devise a proof, but I'm tired.

Not only do the grey hairs stick out perpendicularly, they hurt like hell when I pull them out (more than say a nose hair, but less than a nether hair), and apparently they've gone topiary. One I pulled out of my chin tonight was spiraled and looked like the business end of a goddamn ice auger.

All I ever wanted as a kid was a cool face of hair. Now I just want my peach fuzz back. At least that wasn't spikey. :(

vardon_grip

Consistently smarmy
He is being a douche. I'm not even really expecting to get the deposit back..but at least answer my damn emails. Sheesh.

I don't know if I have read all your posts on the subject...has it been over 30 days since you vacated the rental? (I saw in another thread that you moved on the 20th?)

Your state (OK.?) allows 30 days for a landlord to return a security deposit. Obviously, if you had a lease and did not fulfill it or had any damage to the rental unit, they can deduct the costs and then send the balance. Which takes more time. It's always good to take pictures and have a final walk thru with the landlord so you can BOTH assess any damage and costs. If I read the text below correctly, it says you need to ask for your deposit in writing. I don't know if an email asking where the deposit is counts as "officially" asking for the return of said deposit.

If the landlord proposes to retain any portion of the security deposit for rent, damages or other legally allowable charges under the provisions of this act or the rental agreement, the landlord shall return the balance of the security deposit without interest to the tenant within thirty (30) days after the termination of tenancy, delivery of possession and written demand by the tenant. If the tenant does not make such written demand of such deposit within six (6) months after termination of the tenancy, the deposit reverts to the landlord in consideration of the costs and burden of maintain tenant in that deposit terminates at that time.

Sugar

I don't know if I have read all your posts on the subject...has it been over 30 days since you vacated the rental? (I saw in another thread that you moved on the 20th?)

Your state (OK.?) allows 30 days for a landlord to return a security deposit. Obviously, if you had a lease and did not fulfill it or had any damage to the rental unit, they can deduct the costs and then send the balance. Which takes more time. It's always good to take pictures and have a final walk thru with the landlord so you can BOTH assess any damage and costs. If I read the text below correctly, it says you need to ask for your deposit in writing. I don't know if an email asking where the deposit is counts as "officially" asking for the return of said deposit.

If the landlord proposes to retain any portion of the security deposit for rent, damages or other legally allowable charges under the provisions of this act or the rental agreement, the landlord shall return the balance of the security deposit without interest to the tenant within thirty (30) days after the termination of tenancy, delivery of possession and written demand by the tenant. If the tenant does not make such written demand of such deposit within six (6) months after termination of the tenancy, the deposit reverts to the landlord in consideration of the costs and burden of maintain tenant in that deposit terminates at that time.
IC I need your kind of free time. ;)

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
(For the sake of brevity, paraphrasing here... Ms. Famouslastwords said all sorts of naughty and gross stuff...)
DO NOT type one more thing..:p
Hee hee hee... Cinnamitch told Famouslastwords to shush... not me! :D

Let's take the aim off my gross for a minute and say...

AT LEAST I don't get dingleberries! LIKE STAN!
Just for he record, here in my neck of the woods, we refer to "dingleberries" as "butt-nuggets" or "cling-ons"... Just sayin'...

swamptoad

I confess that I have a non-confession or was it that I non-confess that I have a confession? why am I so confused? :confused:

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
IC that I can't remember whether or not I took my medication last night... or the night before. It's a bit worrisome, but mostly it's an incredible frustration.

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
My body is aging geometrically, and by that I mean the grey hairs are coming in at near right angles to the plane of my face. I'd try to devise a proof, but I'm tired.

Not only do the grey hairs stick out perpendicularly,

IC - From your description Mr. Snackbar I'm envisioning a "Grandpa Munster" style of graying pattern... with spiky stubble...

I think we need more details, and yes... a formal proof would be nice, with postulation on future graying trends appreciated... ;)

Admiral_Snackbar

Veni, vidi, Lionel Richie
IC - From your description Mr. Snackbar I'm envisioning a "Grandpa Munster" style of graying pattern... with spiky stubble...

I think we need more details, and yes... a formal proof would be nice, with postulation on future graying trends appreciated... ;)
Quit gloating, you twentysomething-looking bastard. ;)

I would illegally deport exchange students to have your head of hair...even cute ones!

MizzSnakeBite

Taking a Break From Here
IC that I can't remember whether or not I took my medication last night... or the night before. It's a bit worrisome, but mostly it's an incredible frustration.
How about getting one of those pill holder things? That way you would know if you took them.

Teleute

Heh heh. "Member".
I know that's a joke and all, but I actually have that problem. :blush:

My meds I mostly have worked out - take just after brushing my teeth, cup is there by the sink, it's just part of the routine. The problem comes when I get new meds and forget to bring them up to the sink. Like has been the problem for the last four days or so. :doh: And once I'm off the meds, remembering them is just that much harder....