The thread for random single confessions!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
http://www.facebook.com/kenneth.c.phillips,
It's a children's psychiatric hospital. The wall licking is part of exposure therapy for kids with OCD who have a fear of germs. The doctor licked the wall with the kid as way to be supportive.
gotcha. That would explain a lot. You've got to admire that Dr.. Sounds like he's open to going the extra mile for those little guys :)

lille

gotcha. That would explain a lot. You've got to admire that Dr.. Sounds like he's open to going the extra mile for those little guys :)
The staff is phenomenal. They really do care about these kids. I work with ages 4 to 17. It's not easy, but I love it.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
I'm adjusting to the hospital environment. Random shrieks no longer grab my attention and hearing doctors say "So if you're going to lick a wall, don't lick the one in so-and-so's office because I already licked it." isn't considered totally bizarre.
The shrieks and the screaming didn't really get to me. However, one of my offices was above a seclusion room in the childrens unit. The sad, hurt, whimper always drove me out of the building.

lille

The shrieks and the screaming didn't really get to me. However, one of my offices was above a seclusion room in the childrens unit. The sad, hurt, whimper always drove me out of the building.
Luckily I haven't seen seclusion or restraints have to be used very often. I've actually seen more kids ask to go into the seclusion room to take space than I've seen kids have to go in. The office I use is right near the OT rooms, therapeutic kitchen, and classrooms that the Autism units uses, so we just get a lot of noise from the non verbal kids.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
When the directions for replacing components in a toilet tank warn you not to overtighten the bolts because you might crack the tank, this is truth.

fml.

Fuzzy

Just a dirty old man
Luckily I haven't seen seclusion or restraints have to be used very often. I've actually seen more kids ask to go into the seclusion room to take space than I've seen kids have to go in. The office I use is right near the OT rooms, therapeutic kitchen, and classrooms that the Autism units uses, so we just get a lot of noise from the non verbal kids.
The campus I was on was in a constant state of flux as very old buildings were demolished, slightly old were renovated, and new buildings sprang up. My office moved to three different locations: 1) above the childrens unit 2) next to Boys Youth and right above Geriatrics, and finally 3) across the hall from QA and Admissions.

lille

The campus I was on was in a constant state of flux as very old buildings were demolished, slightly old were renovated, and new buildings sprang up. My office moved to three different locations: 1) above the childrens unit 2) next to Boys Youth and right above Geriatrics, and finally 3) across the hall from QA and Admissions.

The hospital where I'm at is a purely child and adolescent hospital. Ages 3ish to 17. It's been around forever (it was actually the first child specific psych hospital in the US if I remember correctly) but they've done a great job keeping it updated. It's definitely intense, but I absolutely love it.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
The hospital where I'm at is a purely child and adolescent hospital. Ages 3ish to 17. It's been around forever (it was actually the first child specific psych hospital in the US if I remember correctly) but they've done a great job keeping it updated. It's definitely intense, but I absolutely love it.
it may sound weird, but thanks for dedicating your career to working with these young people. I always thought it would be a truly sad job seeing kids in varying degrees of despair, but you do always see the little accomplishments that they start making everyday.

Jack Secret

tickle my amygdala
How: Just sorta thunked it in there. Pushed it in.

Why: Because sometimes we need to push the envelope. We need to grab that horizon and see what awaits us.

Willing to do it again: It was pretty scary that first time. I didn't know if I was going to die with that thing in there. But yeah I'd do it again for a lark...but this time I'd keep it a secret.

e: Also, I guess I'm willing to do it for money or favors. Just putting it out there.
I guess it's good to get acquainted with that part of your body. On more than one occasion I've seen adventurous couples engage in intercourse(?) With that orifice. Be prepared! :)

lille

it may sound weird, but thanks for dedicating your career to working with these young people. I always thought it would be a truly sad job seeing kids in varying degrees of despair, but you do always see the little accomplishments that they start making everyday.
I appreciate it. It's not easy, there are days where I get into my car and I cry. I've had dreams about some of the kids. But knowing that I gave them one hour where they felt successful and good about themselves. Totally worth it.

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Halloween at my parents' house basically entails wearing whatever random shit I can put together, getting drunk, and handing out candy. Except my neighborhood is deserted, so I'm just getting drunk in weird clothes. I think I'm fine with this, actually. Maybe I'll do it every Friday.

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Halloween at my parents' house basically entails wearing whatever random shit I can put together, getting drunk, and handing out candy. Except my neighborhood is deserted, so I'm just getting drunk in weird clothes. I think I'm fine with this, actually. Maybe I'll do it every Friday.
Quoted because this should really Be A Thing.
Everywhere.
Kinda like Causal Friday, but with booze and peculiar clothes!

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
Mine was meant to involve costume and beer, but thanks to a shity shoe, I broke a leg and spent some time in Newcastle general. It sucked big time. Now I don't so much as confess, but beg someone to come look after me.:(

HDANGEL15

GREATFUL
Mine was meant to involve costume and beer, but thanks to a shity shoe, I broke a leg and spent some time in Newcastle general. It sucked big time. Now I don't so much as confess, but beg someone to come look after me.:(
I am on my way...what's the pay?

do you like dogs?

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I confess that I am kinda wanting to go find a nice asexual girl and be with her and we could play video games and make cakes and watch movies together and be together... unfortunately, finding another ace is hard enough, finding one that is romantically attracted to other girls and that is attracted to chubs like me is more or less impossible... plus the chances of them living near me... *sighs*

Latest posts