The thread for random single confessions!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
IC I keep suffering from goldfish syndrome while on dims. I tend to read posts on my phone while in between meetings and work and think "Oh, that is a good post. I want to respond to that in complete/gramatically correct sentences without spelling mistakes...I'll do it when I get home!" - then i forget.

Then the next day I'm like "Oh, that is another/the same good post. I want to respond to that in complete/gramatically correct sentences without spelling mistakes...I'll do it when I get home!"

Reactions: Tad

MsBrightside

...whenever I look at that ring, I still mentally wince at how much the setting is compensating for the small stone.
Aw, I hope that doesn't happen too often. Some women can be very sentimental and would much rather have the original ring that their SO's picked out for them, with all of the associated memories and feelings, than some pricey replacement. I may not wear my diamondless ring any more, but it's still tucked away in a corner of my jewelry box. Also, you've been married long enough to know that if your wife had any misgivings about her ring, she would have at least dropped some hints about it by now! :p
IC I keep suffering from goldfish syndrome while on dims. I tend to read posts on my phone while in between meetings and work and think "Oh, that is a good post. I want to respond to that in complete/gramatically correct sentences without spelling mistakes...I'll do it when I get home!" - then i forget.

Then the next day I'm like "Oh, that is another/the same good post. I want to respond to that in complete/gramatically correct sentences without spelling mistakes...I'll do it when I get home!"
LOL at the "goldfish syndrome" (reminds me of Dory in Finding Nemo) and "complete/grammatically correct sentences without spelling mistakes." Thank goodness for the edit feature, or I'd have even more trouble with that than I already do!

LeoGibson

Happy

I totally do the same thing. Then the next thing you know 2 or 3 days have gone by and the conversation has moved on.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
I took a fall last night and had a hard time getting up after. Between the slippery wood floors and nothing to hold onto, my MS and how upset I was over it all, it took almost an hour. I felt kind of shell shocked after. I'm sore and uncomfortable and took the day off today. I slept the majority of it and feel a bit better. Back to work tomorrow.

:blink:

LeoGibson

Happy
I took a fall last night and had a hard time getting up after. Between the slippery wood floors and nothing to hold onto, my MS and how upset I was over it all, it took almost an hour. I felt kind of shell shocked after. I'm sore and uncomfortable and took the day off today. I slept the majority of it and feel a bit better. Back to work tomorrow.

I'm sorry to hear that. Wood floors can be a bitch, especially if you get dry skin on your feet. I used to slip and slide around on ours all the time. Throw rugs are your friend.

Here's some good thoughts your way for recovery. I hope you get to feeling better.

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
Thanks, R. I should be used to it by now, but this is the first time I couldn't find a way to get up as my bedroom is pretty much filled with boxes and no furniture yet. Haha. Today is a new day though and i'm back on the grind. :)

I'm sorry to hear that. Wood floors can be a bitch, especially if you get dry skin on your feet. I used to slip and slide around on ours all the time. Throw rugs are your friend.

Here's some good thoughts your way for recovery. I hope you get to feeling better.

MsBrightside

Glad you're OK, Surly. Your ability to bounce back after something like that is so admirable. Living alone can be challenging enough at times without having MS to deal with.

Hope you get everything unpacked and all arranged to your liking soon!

BBPrince

Anything! It's totally random.

I'll go first. I confess to have started this thread to see if we can have more FUN in BHM land and LESS sexualizing of everything.

It's a wonderful thinking. We needed more space because sex isn't the whole thing in this world!!!:smitten:

Surlysomething

In Remembrance
Thanks!

I have to get my ass up or I might as well lay there and die. Haha.

My bedroom is the last thing I need to conquer and it would have been completely done sooner but the new bed I need to get was put on hold so I could pay some big dental bills. It's basically a cluster, like usual.

I'm putting a chair in that room now. ;)

Glad you're OK, Surly. Your ability to bounce back after something like that is so admirable. Living alone can be challenging enough at times without having MS to deal with.

Hope you get everything unpacked and all arranged to your liking soon!

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I saw a really cute SSBHM tourist at the bus station yesterday and it made me happy. He was wandering about the bus station and looking at his phone and seemed confused and I was about to go over to him and ask where he was heading so I could steer him to the right bus but by the time I was going to approach him by bus was getting ready to leave, so I had to get on. And then he got on behind me! The driver told him what stop to get off and stuff so at least I know he got where he was going without getting lost. =)

I just hope that I didn't creep him out with my glancing at him. I have a terrible case of resting bitch face and always worry that I'll look like a douche when I look at people.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
If your RBF face is like my sister's, dont force a smile! It looks like she is going to go all serial killer and stab you!

Did he catch you peeping? =p

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
If your RBF face is like my sister's, dont force a smile! It looks like she is going to go all serial killer and stab you!

Did he catch you peeping? =p

Hahaha, I try not to force it! People start asking if I am okay even more if I try and make myself smile, so I am obviously not very good at it!

I'm not sure if he caught me or not! We made eye contact a couple of times in the reflection on the bus windows but he got off at a much earlier stop than me!

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Oh, I love connecting glances via bus windows. I spent much of my youth half convinced that when I finally met the right person, it would be via bus window. So to me, that sounds super sweet and if he saw you looking at him via window, I think he could figure out that you were intrigued at the least. So I’m going to put on these rose-coloured glasses and firmly believe that you brightened up his day :)

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
"If your RBF face is like my sister's, dont force a smile! It looks like she is going to go all serial killer and stab you!"
No, that's ok. Sometimes that's cool, when it's just authentic, you know? When the person's being authentic about it.

...People start asking if I am okay even more if I try and make myself smile, so I am obviously not very good at it!
Yeah, but, in all honesty, what is your true frame of mind when people ask you but you're not really so conscious of how you look? If you're normally a bit anxious, it's totally normal for that to come across.

Practically speaking, it's probably better for you to come across just as you are. I mean, unless you're like running in street gang or something like that.

"...I just hope that I didn't creep him out with my glancing at him. I have a terrible case of resting bitch face and always worry that I'll look like a douche when I look at people."
For some reason I just never imagined British people using that particular expression.

But seriously, we're primates, we've been evolving this way for more than 5 myr. I would suspect that if you looked at him any way like what's in your avatar, he would just sense that you're just noticing him; which you obviously would since he's A) a tourist and B) SuperSized. Although, it varies from one cultural paradigm or personality to another. Some people like attention, some don't. Some people smile easily and generally like being smiled at. While others are most comfortable with more subtlety.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Yeah, but, in all honesty, what is your true frame of mind when people ask you but you're not really so conscious of how you look? If you're normally a bit anxious, it's totally normal for that to come across.

But seriously, we're primates, we've been evolving this way for more than 5 myr. I would suspect that if you looked at him any way like what's in your avatar, he would just sense that you're just noticing him; which you obviously would since he's A) a tourist and B) SuperSized. Although, it varies from one cultural paradigm or personality to another. Some people like attention, some don't. Some people smile easily and generally like being smiled at. While others are most comfortable with more subtlety.

You are very wise! And totally right. I never really thought about it but I'm not really comfortable in public at all so that probably comes across more than I think. And yes, the expression in my avatar is my usual expression!

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
I'm comfortable enough around most people and like meeting new ones, being in groups, ect... But my face telegraphs a lot of emotion.

Whether I genuinely like something or am particularly enthusiastic about it or not.

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
No, that's ok. Sometimes that's cool, when it's just authentic, you know? When the person's being authentic about it.
Totally! What I meant is the most people with RBF try to force expressions like smiles because they feel socially obligated - and that is when their expression can come off like Sheldon in the big bang theory when the guys tell him he has to smile and he gives this weird facial pull aka "Sheldon Batman Smile".

IC I spent years cultivating my facial expressions specifically for other people, and schooling it into friendliness/openness/without giving away my real feelings. It works, allows me to make friends and be successful at my job, but it is also exhausting. I tend to make bitchy expressions naturally, so when I come home often I let that mask fall off entirely. It took a long time for my then BF to realize I wasn't giving him a nasty look, it was just my face. It was only after he watched me in public with others he realized that I respected him enough to take that mask off.

Sometimes even with him I have to school my expression a bit; I have a tendency to wear my immediate emotion on my sleeve, and that can start a rip roaring fight if the emotion I am feeling is "WTF?" or "F off!" (Usually a transitionary emotion lasting 5 seconds or less - like on Friday, after long days of having people crawl down my throat at the office, challenging my authority in my boss's absense, doing 4 hours OT every day ...then having my hubby give a comment about the counter being messy)

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
I saw a really cute SSBHM tourist at the bus station yesterday and it made me happy. He was wandering about the bus station and looking at his phone and seemed confused and I was about to go over to him and ask where he was heading so I could steer him to the right bus but by the time I was going to approach him by bus was getting ready to leave, so I had to get on. And then he got on behind me! The driver told him what stop to get off and stuff so at least I know he got where he was going without getting lost. =)

I just hope that I didn't creep him out with my glancing at him. I have a terrible case of resting bitch face and always worry that I'll look like a douche when I look at people.

You need to buy an umbrella and listen to Bus Stop by The Hollies for a plan of action!
(knowing you're in the UK and reading your story made me think of the song). :)

Latest posts