The thread for random single confessions!

Discussion in 'BHM/FFA' started by Surlysomething, Feb 15, 2009.

1. Jun 15, 2019 #8921

agouderia

agouderia

agouderia

Library Girl Staff Member Library Mod

Amazon.co.uk is amazing! I order all my stuff in Europe from them - one of the reasons I totally hate the idea of Brexit! Because with the EU Single Market you can order all you want as a private citizen across borders without tolls&tariffs - and that will be over if the UK leaves. But I'm rooting on Amazon.co.uk. opening a Amazon.ie subsidiardy because somewhere I read that their share of EU orders is indeed high enough to make a serious dent in turnover.

loopytheone and ODFFA like this.
  2. Jun 16, 2019 #8922

swamptoad

swamptoad

swamptoad

Tunein is a pretty good music or podcast app. You can tune into your area or places around the country. I am not sure if the free version is as good or better for smartphones ....alas I like using Tunein on my Xbox One.

You can browse and search for music or talk ....plus I can kill time and listen while I fold the laundry, lol.

3. Aug 29, 2019 #8923

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

Wonderful years, indeed!

4. Sep 11, 2019 #8924

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I'm stumped by a simple but annoying issue: finding men's briefs is a size bigger than XL. Department stores stop at Xl. A couple of basic clothes type stores that carry bigger sizes in some items also stop at XL. I hate to shop Wal-Mart because of their labour practices, but I checked and saw a couple of packages of one basic style, but was hoping for more options.

Guys, help me out, other sources for 2XL (and up) briefs?

5. Sep 11, 2019 #8925

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

LifelongFA

Costco has the 2XL in house brand and Champion.

Tad likes this.
  6. Sep 12, 2019 #8926

Shotha

Shotha

Shotha

@Tad It looks like you may have to mail order men's briefs online from a B&T outlet. For members living in New Zealand (because we have the same problem), H&H boxers and other styles of men's briefs are available in sizes up to 6XL are available at the Warehouse. When I come across a good find in larger clothes, I always share it with a photo on Facebook, for my many big friends, who have less time to shop than I do. So, here's me sharing 5XL boxers:

2019 03 19 Large Czech Boxers 04.jpg

And my confession is that, although moved to help my fellow fat men to find good deals in clothing, I'm secretly moved to show off how big I am. The boxers in the photo are 5XL. I take 6XL in most other things but I find that buying underpants a size smaller increases belly bulge, which I like (another confession). For the same reason, I leave tags off clothes and size-marked coat hangers from menswear stores lying around. I'm just a big showoff.

Tad likes this.
  7. Sep 12, 2019 #8927

Tad

Tad

Tad

mostly harmless

I may have a reprieve to my briefs situation. A bit of power shopping disclosed that Stanfields brand run half a size bigger than Jockey and other brands (I.e. an Xl is rated for 42-44" in Stanfields, but 40-42" in jockey.). I think that should be enough to be more tolerable. So as long as I can find Stanfields and don't get bigger .... (Maybe I shouldn't have had that butter chicken poutine while I was shopping).

I'm still going to keep looking for options, to be on the safe side.

Shotha likes this.