The thread for random single confessions!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

BigElectricKat

Have a question? PM me!
Staff member
Global Moderator
I'm just going to imagine that there is a gal out there with whom I could connect and that she smells like... At this point as long as she doesn't smell like poop or throw up, I'm game. This lonely crap is for the birds. Funny, years ago I could handle it just fine. Now? I'm just glad i don't have internet at home!!!! :eek:

Shh! Don’t tell!

I'm just going to imagine that there is a gal out there with whom I could connect and that she smells like... At this point as long as she doesn't smell like poop or throw up, I'm game. This lonely crap is for the birds. Funny, years ago I could handle it just fine. Now? I'm just glad i don't have internet at home!!!! :eek:
If you don’t have internet at home how are you logged on here?

stevita

like the pancake
A little bit like coffee but mostly like whatever hormones or pheromones or whatever are in his sweat. I can’t really describe it, it’s not a cologne or aftershave smell, it’s just a person smell. I can’t really explain in words what makes one person’s smell good and another’s bad.
Fun fact! People that smell attractive to you smell that way because as humans we've evolved to be attracted to the smells of people who are the most genetically different from us. This could be a biological means of ensuring genetic diversity of offspring, which is a good way to ensure the survival of a species, since if a plague runs its course, some individuals are bound to be immune.

Shh! Don’t tell!

Fun fact! People that smell attractive to you smell that way because as humans we've evolved to be attracted to the smells of people who are the most genetically different from us. This could be a biological means of ensuring genetic diversity of offspring, which is a good way to ensure the survival of a species, since if a plague runs its course, some individuals are bound to be immune.
I actually know that. I remember reading that it’s the most different immune system that you’re most attracted to the smell of, not just overall difference. It’s a nice lil example of naturally selection at work.

Last edited:

Corey

Corey
Exactly.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I actually know that. I remember reading that it’s the most different immune system that you’re most attracted to the smell of, not just overall difference. It’s a nice lil example of naturally selection at work.
I’ve talked here about a toxic and abusive girlfriend I once had years ago. While I generally don’t have a lot of positives to say about her I cannot deny I did learn a few good things from her and one of them is consistent with this idea you brought up.

Early in our relationship (before she grew abusive) she once brought me a big basket of her dirty laundry. At the time I lived and worked in San Diego and she lived up the road about 70 miles so we didn’t see each other every day.

When she arrived with her dirty laundry I just assumed she intended to do it overnight while she visited me. But she said it was for me for after she left and told me to sleep with it spread around my pillow. So I’d sleep enveloped in her scent and develop a subconscious desire for her based on pheromones, scent, etc. (don’t remember everything, this happened when I was 20 and I’m almost 40 now.) ESP her panties but it wasn’t just that. Shirts, jeans, Etc.

Not sure if there is anything to this beyond placebo but damn if it didn’t work: I could not get enough of her scent. Even scent isn’t really the right word though because it wasn’t always just that. It drove me crazy and sometimes it would happen without me even realizing it.

I also have to add this would eventually prove to be an unhealthy and abusive relationship. I won’t go into all the sad details, but in hindsight this experience combined with a lot of those other details definitely make me realize she was setting me up for control and dependency issues. But to this day I still think there’s something to it and don’t think what you mentioned is weird or creepy at all. It’s real and it can be totally awesome!

stevita

like the pancake
I’ve talked here about a toxic and abusive girlfriend I once had years ago. While I generally don’t have a lot of positives to say about her I cannot deny I did learn a few good things from her and one of them is consistent with this idea you brought up.

Early in our relationship (before she grew abusive) she once brought me a big basket of her dirty laundry. At the time I lived and worked in San Diego and she lived up the road about 70 miles so we didn’t see each other every day.

When she arrived with her dirty laundry I just assumed she intended to do it overnight while she visited me. But she said it was for me for after she left and told me to sleep with it spread around my pillow. So I’d sleep enveloped in her scent and develop a subconscious desire for her based on pheromones, scent, etc. (don’t remember everything, this happened when I was 20 and I’m almost 40 now.) ESP her panties but it wasn’t just that. Shirts, jeans, Etc.

Not sure if there is anything to this beyond placebo but damn if it didn’t work: I could not get enough of her scent. Even scent isn’t really the right word though because it wasn’t always just that. It drove me crazy and sometimes it would happen without me even realizing it.

I also have to add this would eventually prove to be an unhealthy and abusive relationship. I won’t go into all the sad details, but in hindsight this experience combined with a lot of those other details definitely make me realize she was setting me up for control and dependency issues. But to this day I still think there’s something to it and don’t think what you mentioned is weird or creepy at all. It’s real and it can be totally awesome!
Can totally relate on the abusive/controlling ex front. I guess as a confession, "Jesse Markham" from Served is based on a real person.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Can totally relate on the abusive/controlling ex front. I guess as a confession, "Jesse Markham" from Served is based on a real person.
I haven’t watched. Maybe I should?

I swear I don’t know why I put up with it. And as a young man I was so embarrassed to have been smacked around by a woman I bent over backwards making up stupid ass stories about why I have bruises on my face, cuts, etc.

What an awful time. I was more willing to put up with it and take it than to stand up for myself. And in the end she left me!🤣

Yakatori

Hard to say, really...
....speaking in jest with the last part of my original comment. I do not think about what another person’s crush smells like. That would be strange...
I'm kind of disappointed to see how you dialed this back, it was better before.

Whenever the hot water goes out at my apartment complex, I pretend I'm being tortured by the CIA, playing both parts while I take my cold shower.

"WHO DO YOU WORK FOR?"

"I'LL NEVER TALK!"
A really quick cold shower is better for you; except, maybe, for the oily sections around your face. Water that's even a little bit hot, for too long, can dry out your skin. Especially in the winter.

Latest posts

Group builder