The thread for random single confessions!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
IC I am not a smart person. Days ago my sister shamed me for not going to college. Well that wouldn't matter because I wouldn't have made it. I still fail at math and for some reason I have nightmares about my scary special ed math teacher. I guess it's kind of traumatic.

I want to get into data analyst but let's face it I should stop aiming high and stick to where I'm at.

Angelette - have you even been tested for dyscalculia?

That's the lesser known math equivalent to dyslexia - mostly goes undiagnosed and probably has ruined many a school career.
A middle school friend of mine has it - and it wasn't until her mid-twenties that it was detected. And it has nothing to do with being stupid.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
There are a number of conditions that can make math class difficult. Certainly ability in math class is not a very good indicator of general intelligence (and intelligence is only so-so at predicting ability to handle life).

You certainly don't come across as unintelligent. You do come across as having some very serious self-esteem issues, which can come from all sorts of causes but are certainly common with undiagnosed learning disorders.

Angelette

Chris Farley's fiancee.
There are a number of conditions that can make math class difficult. Certainly ability in math class is not a very good indicator of general intelligence (and intelligence is only so-so at predicting ability to handle life).

You certainly don't come across as unintelligent. You do come across as having some very serious self-esteem issues, which can come from all sorts of causes but are certainly common with undiagnosed learning disorders.
I don't know if you are mad at me but yeah I have self-esteem issues. I've been heavily bullied throughout my life and even my parents/siblings made unsavory comments about me. I don't know if that shows a bigger picture.

Last edited:

Latest posts