Quantcast

"The Walking Dead"...(to my fellow zombie lovers)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

metabliss

Just cool enough 4 school
I would say I'm having "slight" withdrawals because last week I was sitting in my mom's living room reading a book and she was watching one of those Hollywood shows. When I overheard the host wish a happy birthday to Norman Reedus--who they mentioned was a star on The Walking Dead--I found myself spontaneously yelling out across the room: "I LUVVVVVV YOU, DARYL DIXON!". My mom thought I had lost my mind. She doesn't understand.
LOL We get you ;)

rickydaniels

https://www.facebook.com/ricky.daniels.bbw.pin.up.
For those Zombie/ Vampire movie lovers here!! I rented this movie called "Stakeland" It was definitely a random flick I picked up at the library. It ended up being a pretty cool movie. I highly sugguest checking it out! I didn't really recognize any of the main actors. Kelly McGillis (Top Gun) has a small part (I didn't even relies it was her till the credits rolled) and the girl that played Jamie in the later Halloween movies.

SuperBatAquaGreenFlash

The first season was more-or-less amazing. The first half of the second season was dull, repetitive and filled with anti-choice, right-wing misinformation (lol using morning after pills in an attempt to terminate a pregnancy weeks in progress).

Here's hoping that the crew leaves the farm and things get awesome again.

rickydaniels

Tonight was the big premiere. Hmmmm I'm just not to sure where they are taking this. No zombie kills, Rick kills 2 guys in a bar. Laurie crashes the car while looking for Rick and Herschel. Hmmmm... Things are straying away from the comic as well. Were off to a slow start this season. Waiting to see what they say on "Talking Dead" tonight.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
I agree! More Zombies!! I watched Talking Dead later that night. The producer said we won't be disappointed. Sounds it like were gonna have a high body count this season.
Yeah I saw the preview for the next episode and it looks like a lot more action.. I'm excited!

JSmirkingRevenge

I agree that this last episode was a bit slow moving, and even feeling pointless at times... but looking back, you need to throw an episode in like that once in a while. It's the only way to segue into moving forward from being stuck at the farm and maybe open up some character changes.

For example... a change in Rick. His talk with Hershell about giving up hope and then shooting down those two guys. I think that whole scene will open up a new possibility for Rick's character to become a bit more "bad-ass" and Shane-like. He knows his ways, although well intentioned, haven't been working and this episode is his realization of that.

Things are about to get GOOD.

rickydaniels

I agree that this last episode was a bit slow moving, and even feeling pointless at times... but looking back, you need to throw an episode in like that once in a while. It's the only way to segue into moving forward from being stuck at the farm and maybe open up some character changes.

For example... a change in Rick. His talk with Hershell about giving up hope and then shooting down those two guys. I think that whole scene will open up a new possibility for Rick's character to become a bit more "bad-ass" and Shane-like. He knows his ways, although well intentioned, haven't been working and this episode is his realization of that.

Things are about to get GOOD.
Dude I totally agree. This did help build the characters up alot. Herschel , like Rick wasn't one to lose hope and he has. It definitely opens the door for Rick to become more of a bad-ass. Although it this episode was abit slow. I think this season will get better. Especially if they leave of where the second book ends. I won't spoil it for you. I have a feeling it's about to get good.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
You know what bothers me about this show? How completely illogical and unreasonable so many of the characters are.

IT'S A FUCKING ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.

Why do you want to have a kid?
Why would you assume rotting corpses can still be "cured?"
Why the fuck would you be pissed off at a guy for killing some zombies???

It just goes on and on. Rick's wife (forget her name) has such a huge stick up her ass...I just can't believe it. You'd think that if the world was essentially ending, you might stop being a cunt for 5 minutes.

FFS...she was mad when her son said that he would shoot the little girl zombie. Well no shit he would, he wants to live!

(I get a little too into this stuff, haha)

FA Punk

You know what bothers me about this show? How completely illogical and unreasonable so many of the characters are.

It just goes on and on. Rick's wife (forget her name) has such a huge stick up her ass...I just can't believe it. You'd think that if the world was essentially ending, you might stop being a cunt for 5 minutes.

FFS...she was mad when her son said that he would shoot the little girl zombie. Well no shit he would, he wants to live!

Not to argue with you because I can see your point but let me ask you this have you ever been in a national disaster? Cause I have and I can tell'ya alot of people do illogical things in those times, weather it's a zombie apocalypse, or an ice storm, or even a tornado people will do stupid shit when bad shit happens lol.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL

I kind of chalk it up to people not being emotionally prepared to face how dire the situation really is.

FA Punk

The only thing I say The Walking Dead has fucked up on in terms of making sense is the whole ''Well Walker'' episode, that was so stupid to risk Glen's life for water that was totally beyond contaminated:doh:.

thatgirl08

KNOW IT ALL
The only thing I say The Walking Dead has fucked up on in terms of making sense is the whole ''Well Walker'' episode, that was so stupid to risk Glen's life for water that was totally beyond contaminated:doh:.
Agreed. Waste of an episode.

lizzie_lotr

I didn't really enjoy the last episode, BUT when Rick killed the guys in the bar I got really excited about his character finally growing a pair. :D