The Watchmen (Spoiler Warning)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Hawkeyed

Hard Candy was a really creepy movie. Although he was supposedly the "villain" in the movie, you pull for him throughout the film because Ellen Page is so freaking crazy. He's a great actor, and he did a great job as Dan.

Other than wondering who was gay in the Watchman Movie..i would have choose the Dr. over the Owl because the Doc could change Size and Shape of EVERYTHING.;);):D:D

It makes me think of "I Dream Of Genie"..except i would be Major Nelson..muhahaha and he would be the "Blue the Man Group".

Canonista

Rep Dealer
Other than wondering who was gay in the Watchman Movie..i would have choose the Dr. over the Owl because the Doc could change Size and Shape of EVERYTHING.;);):D:D

It makes me think of "I Dream Of Genie"..except i would be Major Nelson..muhahaha and he would be the "Blue the Man Group".
Yeah, but he was like puttin' your tongue on a battery.

His climax could kill you like the electric chair....:eek:

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
As a kid I always wondered what was so amazing about being completely stretchable and bendable, that the leader of the Fantastic Four got dubbed "Mr. Fantastic." As an adult I realized "oh yah, his wife is also in the group, and with that ability......"

William

Does 'Watchmen' Hold Hidden Physics Lessons?

Listen Now [21 min 33 sec] add to playlist

Talk of the Nation, March 27, 2009 · Can superhero movies teach audiences about science? Dave Gibbons, author and artist of the Watchmen comic series, discusses the science behind the superheroes in his story. Physics professor James Kakalios talks about teaching science to the Watchmen actors and stuntmen.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=102428962&ft=2&f=510221

I really enjoyed this radio show

William

olwen

Disco Bear
I want this thread to resurface, now that the movie is out.

My fiance and I saw it last night - it was ok. I mean, you can't possibly do justice to such a story in a 2-3h movie, but for the most part it did a decent job.

RE: Dan, he was waaaaaaaaaay too thin. And they were all too young! Even my fiance had to comment that Dan *kind of* had a belly at the beginning of the movie, but it magically disappeared later! I was waiting to see him naked (LOL...yeah, this is why I go to the movies...) for quite a while, and then when the clothes finally came off, he wasn't even moderately chubby. Very disappointing, in that sense.

Has anyone else seen it yet?

ETA (because I KNOW you want to know :p) - the lack of belly in the sex scenes pissed me off, so I had to go home and have A LOT of sex with someone who is actually nice and squishy.
I finally saw it and I was thinking the same thing. He wasn't anywhere near fat. What a travesty of justice.

Overall, I thought the characters were kinda flat compared to the comic. The Dr. Manhattan animation was worse than I thought it was gonna be. I know the face is hard to animate but geez, they coulda done better. It's funny too, I was so distracted by the stilted facial movements that I didn't notice his free willy till my friend pointed it out to me. The sex scenes were lame too. I think I'm just stuck on the comic that I liked a lot better. This movie just didn't do it for me.

aaronoshea

Probably the 'chubbiest' shot in the film, though there was another shot of Patrick naked with his back to the camera, and love handles were in evidence.

I thought the love scene was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind making love while hovering above New York City!

Probably the 'chubbiest' shot in the film, though there was another shot of Patrick naked with his back to the camera, and love handles were in evidence.

I thought the love scene was pretty cool. I wouldn't mind making love while hovering above New York City!
Dude i could not enjoy that scene because i kept thinking where the bathroom would be located on his ship.lol:doh::p

olwen

Disco Bear

That does sound like a cool idea, but I felt like the execution in the movie made it scmaltzy somehow. It makes sense in the book, but in the movie it was somehow off to me.

Latest posts