Theatre shows/ musicals

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Aust99

I just went to see Avenue Q tonight and I loved it... Oh how I love a good musical and this one was funny to boot. What is your favourite musical or theater production?? I have only been to a few but my wishlist is pretty big:

Wicked:happy:
Jersey Boys:happy:
Hair
Les Misérables
Hairspray

(I did a few searches and couldn't find a similar thread but please redirect me if I'm wrong)

ItsLikeRachel

musical geek, right here.

my favourite changes often though! I love Wicked, Hairspray, Avenue Q, Chess, Les Mis, Rent... I also love old musical movies like sound of music, carousel, calamity jane, chitty chitty bang bang... Yeah, I'm 22 and get made fun of for liking this stuff! :(
My favourite musical is probably Rent, just for the music! Plus Idina Menzel is pretty awesome.

Saoirse

OOOOHHH I LOVE MUSICALS!!!!

some of my favorites are:

Hair
Phantom of the Opera
Rocky Horror Picture Show
Grease
Cats
Jesus Christ Superstar
Mama Mia
Brigadoon
The Producers

I love going to the local High School and seeing kids perform the annual spring musical. I was a techie when I went there and I helped on Oliver Twist and a few others. Musicals are so much fun!!!

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Evil Dead: the Musical was by far my favourite.

Pinkbelly

the Rocky Horror Show
Chicago (on stage, not the horrid film)
Ave. Q
the Last Five Years

....and anything by sondheim. especially assassins. got to admit, i am kind of a musical geek as well

Aust99

Thanks for posting people.... I just love the musicals and I wish more came to my city.... damn the isolation!!

littlefairywren

Wren aka ISFJ
DM Supporter
Ooh, just saw this...

Fav's would be -

Children of a Lesser God (saw that ages ago)
La Cage Aux Folles
Cats
Madame Butterfly

PamelaLois

ILL-INI
I gotta go Old School and say Fiddler on the Roof and Showboat are my two fave theater musicals. I also really liked You're A Good Man Charlie Brown and Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (With Donny Osmond in a loincloth flying 3 feet over my head). I would love to see Jersey Boys, The Million Dollar Quartet and Blue Man Group. I WILL see Young Frankenstein if it opens here in Chicago.

wrestlingguy

"Bitter Old Man"
We have 9th row seats for Avenue Q for a December 27th matinee, and I'm excited about seeing it.

My favorite all time Broadway musical was RENT, which I've seen more times than I'd care to admit.

Second favorite? STOMP. Seen at least 5 times.

Leonard

Large Marge sent me.
My favorite musical of all-time is still Sweeney Todd. The "Kiss Me" Quartet is just awesome. I also listened to Les Miserables recently and would really like to see a production somewhere. I did see Chicago a couple months ago and that was really excellent.

Inhibited

I have seen the rocky horror show a few times years ago...
Tap Dogs
Priscilla

I really wanted to see The Boy from Oz with Hugh Jackman but couldn't get tickets....

Red

I also listened to Les Miserables recently and would really like to see a production somewhere.
I just saw the preview of this yesterday, it's touring the UK for it's 25th anniversary. It doesn't have the famous revolving stage but it was still an amazing spectacular. It's due to tour the US sometime in the near future so fingers crossed you'll get to see it soon.

Latest posts