Things to consider about FAs:

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
I think it would be a small leap from there to a guy posting a "wow, this is a lovely woman" post and someone quickly replying "shouldn't this be in the GUYS area??"

I can't even stand the idea of that happening.
Are you speaking of the faceless horndogs who can't find the shift key or when one of the more involved male members compliment someone in a picture thread?

I understand (and support) complaints about the latter, but the former shouldn't be an issue.

RedVelvet

Airship Pirate
Are you speaking of the faceless horndogs who can't find the shift key or when one of the more involved male members compliment someone in a picture thread?

I understand (and support) complaints about the latter, but the former shouldn't be an issue.

dontcha wanna reverse that?...or am I reading you wrong.

I kan haz sick todai.

superodalisque

oh thank you for this thread. i plan to read it carefully because i'm ALWAYS putting my foot in my mouth or putting a foot wrong. Thanks!

stan_der_man

The Teflon Frog
Also, speaking from long experience……where there are no BBW or FFA, it is hard to keep the guys talking for long. You see it in chat all the time, you see it in threads here fairly often, and I spent some years trying to run a yahoo group for this exact sort of purpose, and despite much initial enthusiasm it just slowly ran down for lack of participation.

I don’t know exactly why it works this way, certainly many of the guys have things to say to other guys. Maybe it is just that around women we work extra hard to be witty and insightful (or annoying, or funny, or, well, anything other than boring)?

So I don't think, aside from the question of is it appropriate, that it is all that likely to be a big success.

Regards;

-Ed
You are completely right Ed, guys don't seem to communicate in a way that would make a continuous all male FA "forum" work the way other forums or SIGs may work. I doubt any of us guys are going to get deep with each other about our inner feelings let alone be willing to maintain such a dialog for very long. That is exactly why such attempts at all male FA forums turned to dust in the past. But as you said, we (the guys) may be enticed to have discussions in mixed company (FAs & BBWs) in a forum simply designated as the "FA SIG" or something like that. Being a guy myself, I know that I tend to be more interested in projects that have some sort of end goal, some sort of objective to work towards as opposed to endless discussion or "support" of each other. I think we have a unique opportunity to plan an event that the guys (or FAs male / female) could do if the national Dims get-together materializes. Even if this national get-together doesn't materialize (or simply acknowledging the fact that many of the FAs here may not be able to attend such an event...) I think it would be an interesting excercise to see what sort of things the other guys are interested in learning about being a FA, or at very least I think it would be interesting to have a forum to meet the other guys and see what they are all about in a non-judgmental situation. Some sort of place where the noobs can "out" themselves and seek advice, where the "old timers" can reminisce, where the "feeders" can discuss things without getting a linching. Yes, places for this already exist in the weight board, but there is always the overtone that these forums are "erotic", or that the emphasis is about "the weight". The Mainboard is very general in nature, as Lilly said:

Or so one would assume. It does tend to get a little too noisy around here for discussions of that nature to go on.
Conversations specifically of non-erotic male FA nature tend to get drowned out by all the other surrounding activity. Name one other thread where we have had this sort of conversation? I didn't know of any when I started this thread. I don't think a FA SIG forum needs to be private, as you said Ed, we may in fact thrive publically (the proverbial exhibitionist male... ;) ). What's lacking in my opinion is simply a specifically acknowledged place for us FAs to "meet", to discuss things FA that are of the non-erotic variety. Taking this a step further, I think one of the reasons the whole fat acceptance movement has stalled for so long (or just isn't making that leap into mainstream) is because a coalescing of FA has never happened. Maybe not even a "movement" is necessary, maybe just a group that is a visible representation of FAs, in a positive light is what is missing. Who are the fat beautiful women modeling clothing for? Other women? Who are the BBW calenders being made for? Other women? Partially, yes. These things are also being made for this un-identified group of mystery men called FAs. Maybe part of the reason BBW magazine and large size clothing manufactures can't show their clothing on truly large sized models and make money (you always hear that they only sell clothing on Lane Bryant sized models...) is because there isn't this visible mass of male FAs saying... "Hell yeah, those big gals look beautiful in that clothing!" Maybe I'm a naïf, but that's how it seems to work for the skinny gals. I think a visible (specifically) FA presence is something long overdue. We (FAs) have always been a part of this wonderful community called Dimensions, but we have faded into the background in many ways.

fa_man_stan

P.S. Thanks for the reps Superodalisque, and Lipmixgirl, and for reminding that people are still interested in this. :)

... and thanks RV... just because I like to thank you ;)

Candy_Coated_Clown

Or so one would assume. It does tend to get a little too noisy around here for discussions of that nature to go on. I'm in favor of a private sanctum for male chat.
I love this idea as well, although I think it would be good if women could join in as well and that it would be public...but just that the thread forum being FA-focused.

I wonder how successful that would be. Maybe this is a stereotype to some, but it has some truth on some level...in that men might not be as "chatty" with this forum as women could be? So then, would the forum be very active in discussion? However, thinking again, perhaps that would foster more expression...

AnnMarie

✰cuddly and terrifying✰

I don't have a problem with any of them - I think you take people as they present themselves. If someone is an ass and shows it, then so be it. They have a right to be an ass though - in my opinion.

My post was saying that I could see the "women" here, anytime a male-centered thread came up that they didn't care for, thinking it should be moved into the "male area" just because it's something they don't care to read.

The Orange Mage

♓ Fishy Pisces! ♓
That's exactly why we don't need a male section...people don't have to read it if they don't want to.

Forgotten_Futures

There's a lot of attitude here in recent past that seems to suggest the women shouldn't have to read this stuff...
Well, yeah, not to be snarky, but... there's this whole concept called not clicking on it if you don't like what it looks to be about.

You don't watch movies you don't want to, and no one's forcing you either way. You don't have to read threads/posts you don't want to either.

Forgotten_Futures

Also, speaking from long experience……where there are no BBW or FFA, it is hard to keep the guys talking for long. You see it in chat all the time, you see it in threads here fairly often, and I spent some years trying to run a yahoo group for this exact sort of purpose, and despite much initial enthusiasm it just slowly ran down for lack of participation.

I don’t know exactly why it works this way, certainly many of the guys have things to say to other guys. Maybe it is just that around women we work extra hard to be witty and insightful (or annoying, or funny, or, well, anything other than boring)?

So I don't think, aside from the question of is it appropriate, that it is all that likely to be a big success.

Regards;

-Ed
In my experience, there seems to be this strange taboo about talking about guy stuff with other guys, while girls don't seem to have this issue (they simply have other, bloodier ones... no, I wasn't going there). To be perfectly honest, I find it a lot easier to discuss a lot of things with my bi/lesbian female friends than other guys, and then there's the physical issues that you just can't talk to chicks about, common sexual mindsets or not = P.

THAT said, I'm perfectly capable of throwing weird comments out for the express purpose of messing with people. Quite fun.

katherine22

3.) Just because a man is an FA don't automatically assume that he will find you attractive. Not all 'normal' men fancy all 'normal' sized girls. So don't accuse them of not being a 'real' FA if they don't fancy you. (Yes, I've seen this happen)

If you are a woman over the age of 50, your attractiveness whether a fat woman of thin plummets.

katherine22

For serious! This is the main thing...I have incredibly high standards. The one friend I have that knows I dig fat chicks (as well as thin chicks) always points out every disgustingly ugly fat gal on the planet to me. I'm like "bro.....just because I dig fat chicks doesn't mean my picky (like Jerry Seinfeld picky) self is gone!"

You have incredibly high standards except when it comes to your description of fat women you are not attracted to. As long as men think that they can speak in public like this, there will be no real size acceptance. Perhaps being a closeted fat admirer is the ultimate in convenience with those men wanting it to keep that way, to have their fat cake and eat it too.

Webmaster

Chief Emeritus
If you are a woman over the age of 50, your attractiveness whether a fat woman of thin plummets.
That is not necessarily true. Attractiveness to the younger crowd perhaps, but not necessarily attractiveness to your contemporaries. One of the really cool things in life is that as we get older, what we consider hot gets older, too.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Yeah...but, then you can fuck freely!!!:bounce::bounce::rolleyes: ;)
You are like the Wizard Of Fuck! Yay!

That is not necessarily true. Attractiveness to the younger crowd perhaps, but not necessarily attractiveness to your contemporaries. One of the really cool things in life is that as we get older, what we consider hot gets older, too.
I am counting on this.

Teresa

Abundantly Corpulent
.... One of the really cool things in life is that as we get older, what we consider hot gets older, too.
This is so true. In my 30's I'd never consider getting to know or dating a man in his 50's. He would have seemed too much like a "daddy" to me. Yet now that I'm 46 I find men in that age bracket very attractive. Also, I now find it next to impossible to consider a man in his 20's a possible romantic interest.

Teresa

Forgotten_Futures

You have incredibly high standards except when it comes to your description of fat women you are not attracted to. As long as men think that they can speak in public like this, there will be no real size acceptance. Perhaps being a closeted fat admirer is the ultimate in convenience with those men wanting it to keep that way, to have their fat cake and eat it too.
Not really... what you're saying is akin to the idea that liking any given body type means finding all people who fit that mold attractive... when there is so much more than body type to what a given person finds attractive.

Frankly, I'd be pretty depressed if someone found ALL fat chicks hot, because that would indicate to me that they were failing to look beyond the fat itself.

Cors

Delurking
Not really... what you're saying is akin to the idea that liking any given body type means finding all people who fit that mold attractive... when there is so much more than body type to what a given person finds attractive.

Frankly, I'd be pretty depressed if someone found ALL fat chicks hot, because that would indicate to me that they were failing to look beyond the fat itself.
I get your point, but the OP didn't have to refer to anyone who isn't his type as "disgustingly ugly".

P.S. Older women are awesome!