Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
precisely. It’s science. You can’t argue with science!
It's an ad hoc hand sanitizer. We're supposed to use an alcohol based sanitizer to kill viruses but the supermarkets have run out.
If you ask me I'd use soap instead to sanitize my hand, chose one of the above and enjoy a good drink.

Broseph

DM Supporter
I spent 4 hours making samosas for the first time yesterday--I've got a really great Indian cookbook that I'll be exploring during this time. I've also got a huge pole of "to-read" books on my desk. I'd like to avoid the classic Netflix time blackhole, but that will also be a part of this indoor life. And I'll keep on writing. Oh, and I'll dig through many of those golden posts in the ancient basements of Dims--so don't be surprised if threads from 2005 get a bit of new life :)

maxi333

Looks like I will NOT be allowed to work from home (I'm preparing a mental list of snarky .sig files for my work email when I get back, along 'ours is not to question why' lines...). But I'll probably be reading, walking the dog on deserted desert pathways, streaming stuff, watching TV, finishing the last couple DVDs of Battlestar Galactica. Pretty much exactly what I always do normally except the grocery store might be out of stuff.
How about fun on a C2C.. that's ways a good way to pass time!

Corey

Corey
I thought since a lot of us are bunkered up in our homes during this time of quarantine, it’d be fun to share snapshots of where people are spending most of their time.

It could be of the common area of your home or of your makeshift office. If you’ve been using your kitchen a lot, show us what you’re working with! If you’ve spent a lot of time in the garage working on projects, show us what you’ve been working on. Maybe it’s your porch where you meditate on or cozy up for a good book, or maybe you have a favorite window in your home that offers beautiful scenery. And if you do have some awesome views outside of your house, PLEASE SHARE! I’m in dire need of nature. It’s been rainy and overcast where I’m at. It’s not fun. Or, if you’re still allowed to show up at your office, those pictures matter too.

DO NOT think that your house or situation has to be clean or perfect to share. That’s the fun of it! This is a chaotic time and we’re all just doing the best we can.

Here’s my situation 99.9% of the time....sitting on the floor of my living room with at least one kid hanging off my body like a monkey, or lingering just a few feet away. Oh, and snacks. I hand out snacks left and right all day long. Now, what about you?9BC48A98-ED54-48A5-8EED-BB0C28B889F7.jpeg

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
@Corey i just cleaned too to bottom, plus did all the laundry AND folded it and put it away. Pretty much hasn’t happened since I moved into this place!

so here are some pics of my “work” house. It’s a small home we bought when I started my current job. It’s 3/1 and 1000 square feet. My wife is at our other home with the kids. That house has a big yard a game room, trampoline, a camp fire pit outside, etc so a little better for the kids while we’re all on lockdown.

anyway here’s where I’m riding out the storm:165C316D-E31A-411C-B42C-0525D26EF2DB.jpegFD35150F-E986-4FA3-8682-893A8FD67086.jpeg2B057DA4-62D6-4C29-A6D7-C3D6D39EF762.jpegF98F9B5D-1D95-4375-B687-27C5A6682896.jpegF8032A5E-58F3-4E4C-BEB0-13ABBEB0F94D.jpeg0B8285E6-6000-4FC8-8BF8-421C5677DE0B.jpeg

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Very enthusiastic I started this morning to clear out some of my cupboards.
Look what I found:

20200321_120903.jpg20200321_121528.jpg
(there are two more sets I know about... )

I also found some old lovely pictures of my parents . 😌

I discovered the Wii.

And: enthusiasm to continue is already gone... at least for this weekend.