Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Rojodi

pretty good read, short, fast and eventful. Do you discuss your work? What inspired it?
I live in a house with three ghosts.
I have two cats, Butterscotch, a calico, and Oreo, a tuxedo and her son.

Inspirations run around the house all the time.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!

Thats awesome. I love the way sometimes inspiration comes from unexpected or every day places.

I recently shared a piece and received some incredible critique from Dims members. The inspiration from that one came from a dream I had.

Also I once read an interview of Rivers Cuomo of the rock band Weezer. He said he tinkers around incessantly with phrases and word combinations and then sometimes fits them into other songs or sometimes writes entire pieces around them.

I have a similar process for my writing, where I tinker around with mostly benign conversation sequences, the mannerisms of the characters etc, and then sometimes just work them into a story. This is great for introducing characters. I have a bank of these conversations and sort of go to it when I need to draw from it to incorporate something into a piece Im working on. And of course, most of these conversations draw from real life chats I am either involved in or overhear.

Corey

Corey

That sounds eventful and very interesting. I like the names you gave to your cats. Im allergic to cats (sadly) but my daughter loves them, so we have pretended to adopt the outside cats that live across the street from us. They LOVE to sleep on our front porch and in our back yard when the sun shines right on it. Weve named them Catsby (of course inspired by Gatsby), Purrscilla, and Pawl. Pawl is the reason there are so many stray cats around our house. He is very ambitious and cannot keep his paws off the female cats, but the neighbors wont get him fixed.

Rojodi

That sounds eventful and very interesting. I like the names you gave to your cats. Im allergic to cats (sadly) but my daughter loves them, so we have pretended to adopt the outside cats that live across the street from us. They LOVE to sleep on our front porch and in our back yard when the sun shines right on it. Weve named them Catsby (of course inspired by Gatsby), Purrscilla, and Pawl. Pawl is the reason there are so many stray cats around our house. He is very ambitious and cannot keep his paws off the female cats, but the neighbors wont get him fixed.
We had many cats congregate in our backyard with the two other cats, Smokey and Blacky. Now Butterscotch does NOT allow them around: she'll hiss and send them running from her baby. Oreo, on the other, has swatted at a few squirrels that have come up onto the back porch screens, and chased one out when it bit through.

Corey

Corey
We had many cats congregate in our backyard with the two other cats, Smokey and Blacky. Now Butterscotch does NOT allow them around: she'll hiss and send them running from her baby. Oreo, on the other, has swatted at a few squirrels that have come up onto the back porch screens, and chased one out when it bit through.
She loved her baby. Does baby have a name? I love cats. I feel like they are my spirit animal. I had cats growing up in my parents house but I learned to always keep my bedroom and bathroom door shut so they wouldnt go in there. Even though I was the sweetest person to them, one in particular, Jasmine, would jump up and open my door handle (the long handle kind) and then open my closet door handle and pee on my clothes! Shed also pee inside of my leather purses and on my bedsheets. One time she opened my bathroom and peed and pooped in my bathtub. She was ruthless. I had to get locks on my doors and if I forgot to lock anything, you best believe that Id have a surprise left by Jasmine.

Rojodi

She loved her baby. Does baby have a name? I love cats. I feel like they are my spirit animal. I had cats growing up in my parents house but I learned to always keep my bedroom and bathroom door shut so they wouldnt go in there. Even though I was the sweetest person to them, one in particular, Jasmine, would jump up and open my door handle (the long handle kind) and then open my closet door handle and pee on my clothes! Shed also pee inside of my leather purses and on my bedsheets. One time she opened my bathroom and peed and pooped in my bathtub. She was ruthless. I had to get locks on my doors and if I forgot to lock anything, you best believe that Id have a surprise left by Jasmine.
Oreo is the baby. Oreo is the squirrel attacker.

Unless you're Native/First Nation, you cannot have a spirit animal. Spirit animals are religious to most, if not all, Native tribes.

Corey

Corey

Unless you're Native/First Nation, you cannot have a spirit animal. Spirit animals are religious to most, if not all, Native tribes.
Okay then scratch that, I dont have a spirit animal. Ill rephrase.

I love cats. If I could choose to be an animal, I would choose to be a cat, because they have funny personalities. Is that better?

Corey

Corey

And thanks for the history lesson. Never heard of that about spirit animals before.

Rojodi

Okay then scratch that, I dont have a spirit animal. Ill rephrase.

I love cats. If I could choose to be an animal, I would choose to be a cat, because they have funny personalities. Is that better?
We all want to be cats: sleep 20 hours a day and be fed and petted lol

Corey

Corey
We all want to be cats: sleep 20 hours a day and be fed and petted lol
Im also referring to the way cats put their bodies between their person and their persons distraction whenever the cat wants attention. My dad sent me this picture of my daughters cat that they bought her to keep at their house at all times. Mr. Snuggles has kept my dad company during his work from home days due to coronavirus.

Attachments

Corey

Corey
Im also referring to the way cats put their bodies between their person and their persons distraction whenever the cat wants attention. My dad sent me this picture of my daughters cat that they bought her to keep at their house at all times. Mr. Snuggles has kept my dad company during his work from home days due to coronavirus.
My dad also sent me a picture of Baby Cat and Mr. Snuggles. He said, We have to stand tonight.

Attachments

Rojodi

Ours are still Loving us, haven't scratched yet.

Attachments

Latest posts