Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Corey

Corey
I've been writing, baking and planning my garden! But thankfully my is "essential" and as a dairy farmer I always work from home. I do like not leaving home as much.
Oh, share your garden! I need inspiration.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
20200331_132413.jpg

Here's what I was doing today before we went grocery shopping...

5yo :Why is he wearing this glasses?
me: Uhm... he maybe needs glasses.
5yo: but it is skiing glasses.
me: well, maybe 🙃
5yo: What is this on his shirt?
me: What do you mean? (*the better answer would have been: idk.)
5yo: Why is his phone on upper side of his shirt?
me: uhm, I think these are hand cuffs.
5yo: What are hand cuffs?
me: 🤪
5yo: Why does he have so many things on his belt?
me: he's apparently a police officer. he needs this for his work.
5 yo: I want such a belt too!
me: you are not an police officer so 🤷‍♀️
5yo: I want to be a police officer.
me: well, that's a good idea.
5yo: Does he have to shave his face?
me: Looks like he's doing it. See - no beard.
5yo: I don't want to have a beard and I don't want to shave.
me: I am sure you will have to decide for one but that's not a decision you have to make now.
5yo: I don't want to shave 😭
me: then you will have a nice beard.
5yo: I don't want a beard 😭😭
me: 🙃 well nothing to think about now.
5yo: Where is his hat?
me: Good question very good question, son. [I'll probably step on it soon]

at this point we were ready to leave.

🤪🤣

Jaycee

I couldn’t share the link, so I’m sharing a screen shot instead. Lots of cute ideas! I did this with my daughter last summer, although we didn’t use good paint. Might have to try again!

Oh those are cute ideas of the rocks! I love the Elmo ones. I'm currently deciding where to all put petunias, geraniums, daises, alyssum, cosmos and sunflowers. But I got the vegetable garden all planned out and hopefully I actually get around to it this year lol

Corey

Corey
View attachment 135342

Here's what I was doing today before we went grocery shopping...

5yo :Why is he wearing this glasses?
me: Uhm... he maybe needs glasses.
5yo: but it is skiing glasses.
me: well, maybe 🙃
5yo: What is this on his shirt?
me: What do you mean? (*the better answer would have been: idk.)
5yo: Why is his phone on upper side of his shirt?
me: uhm, I think these are hand cuffs.
5yo: What are hand cuffs?
me: 🤪
5yo: Why does he have so many things on his belt?
me: he's apparently a police officer. he needs this for his work.
5 yo: I want such a belt too!
me: you are not an police officer so 🤷‍♀️
5yo: I want to be a police officer.
me: well, that's a good idea.
5yo: Does he have to shave his face?
me: Looks like he's doing it. See - no beard.
5yo: I don't want to have a beard and I don't want to shave.
me: I am sure you will have to decide for one but that's not a decision you have to make now.
5yo: I don't want to shave 😭
me: then you will have a nice beard.
5yo: I don't want a beard 😭😭
me: 🙃 well nothing to think about now.
5yo: Where is his hat?
me: Good question very good question, son. [I'll probably step on it soon]

at this point we were ready to leave.

🤪🤣
Commentary level: GOLD!

This just made me laugh out loud and reminds me SO much of the conversations with my own kids. They are such transparent, honest little things, aren’t they? I love that. Thank you for sharing this!!!

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
Commentary level: GOLD!

This just made me laugh out loud and reminds me SO much of the conversations with my own kids. They are such transparent, honest little things, aren’t they? I love that. Thank you for sharing this!!!
Thank you! Glad you can imagine what I'm dealing with. They are cute, I agree, but these dialogues can be very tiring.
I try to influence his attentions to things I like and that i am familiar with like Paw Patrol or Super Wings. I mean i know a bit about dogs and know way too much about aircrafts 🙃 (at least for him).

But now we are entering a whole new world of : Transformers, Hot Wheels, Power Rangers, Beyblade and a lot of other things I've never heard of before and I am completely lost. 🤯

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
Thank you! Glad you can imagine what I'm dealing with. They are cute, I agree, but these dialogues can be very tiring.
I try to influence his attentions to things I like and that i am familiar with like Paw Patrol or Super Wings. I mean i know a bit about dogs and know way too much about aircrafts 🙃 (at least for him).

But now we are entering a whole new world of : Transformers, Hot Wheels, Power Rangers, Beyblade and a lot of other things I've never heard of before and I am completely lost. 🤯
i experience the opposite with my daughter. I Can talk all day about sports, cars, guns, kayaks, hiking, etc. I thought my wife domesticated me. My daughter did it all over again. I mean some next level domestication!

from princesses to periods* (she’s 13 now) I am experiencing new things all the time with her.

One thing we have common though is we both do judo. She’s actually better at it than I am. But we have that we can talk about and share together. Oh, and she went 10-0 and won finals for her middle school wrestling team. 10-0 against boys! And she’s no tomboy: she’s actually a cute little girly girl. Just flips the switch for wrestling and judo.

*i actually keep an emergency female hygiene kit in my car. Just in case. Life is much different than it was before having a daughter.

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
What I am doing as well these days...
I draw. Some of my drawings are fat sleepy animals and I was wondering where I've got the inspiration from. And thanks to going through YouTube excessively I probably found my initial inspiration for it.

It was popular a few years ago.

ROLLIN' WILD

Corey

Corey
What I am doing as well these days...
I draw. Some of my drawings are fat sleepy animals and I was wondering where I've got the inspiration from. And thanks to going through YouTube excessively I probably found my initial inspiration for it.

It was popular a few years ago.

ROLLIN' WILD
Share your Drawings if you feel comfortable doing so! I’d love to see. 😊

Corey

Corey
i experience the opposite with my daughter. I Can talk all day about sports, cars, guns, kayaks, hiking, etc. I thought my wife domesticated me. My daughter did it all over again. I mean some next level domestication!

from princesses to periods* (she’s 13 now) I am experiencing new things all the time with her.

One thing we have common though is we both do judo. She’s actually better at it than I am. But we have that we can talk about and share together. Oh, and she went 10-0 and won finals for her middle school wrestling team. 10-0 against boys! And she’s no tomboy: she’s actually a cute little girly girl. Just flips the switch for wrestling and judo.

*i actually keep an emergency female hygiene kit in my car. Just in case. Life is much different than it was before having a daughter.
I love that your daughter can kick someone’s ass at 13. That’s amazing what you just said about her and wrestling with the boys with a 10-0 record. 😳 I’m not the strongest and I’m also pretty short, but I’m athletic and quick. I used to challenge my husband all the time to wrestling matches, and I admit that I would cheat a little by grabbing his fat and tickling him (he is VERY ticklish). We stopped a few years ago because when I tickled him, he flopped on the couch like a seal and then rolled off and almost broke my arm! I need to learn to win without cheating haha. Now I just surprise smack his belly or love handles and then run away. So it’s admirable that your daughter doesn’t cheat. It’s best that way. 😂

happily_married

I love that your daughter can kick someone’s ass at 13. That’s amazing what you just said about her and wrestling with the boys with a 10-0 record. 😳 I’m not the strongest and I’m also pretty short, but I’m athletic and quick. I used to challenge my husband all the time to wrestling matches, and I admit that I would cheat a little by grabbing his fat and tickling him (he is VERY ticklish). We stopped a few years ago because when I tickled him, he flopped on the couch like a seal and then rolled off and almost broke my arm! I need to learn to win without cheating haha. Now I just surprise smack his belly or love handles and then run away. So it’s admirable that your daughter doesn’t cheat. It’s best that way. 😂
She’s tough. She’s going nuts not able to train right now. A couple weekends ago this thing got a small local Judo tournament she was in cancelled. This weekend she was supposed to be in Salt Lake City at youth nationals. Also cancelled. And next month we were supposed to go up to Phili for what is always a tough one: now also cancelled. And her trip to the Netherlands for that tournament is in doubt now too. She’s losing her mind not being able to practice and compete!

That’s hilarious about you and your husband. We are like you but opposite: I’m the small one and my wife is the big one. I’m light framed, athletic, about 161 pounds (that’s my fighting weight). She’s ~345 but she’s been bigger. We were horsing around and her weight came down on me right in my hip socket...😫 but I’ll take that injury for the joy of having her for wife any time!

Metallicalover99

Cool! Thanks for sharing! Been using this time to catch up on schoolwork and cleaning but also writing lots of poetry and watching many youtube recordings of live performances of heavy metal from the 70s/80s. Recently listened to Randy Rhoads' "lost solo", and WOW.

Corey

Corey
Cool! Thanks for sharing! Been using this time to catch up on schoolwork and cleaning but also writing lots of poetry and watching many youtube recordings of live performances of heavy metal from the 70s/80s. Recently listened to Randy Rhoads' "lost solo", and WOW.
Do you listen for just enjoyment purposes, or do you listen with the purpose of learning to play it on your electric guitar? If you can play that solo, then I am impressed!

Metallicalover99

Omg xD i wish i could play an instrument lol, but i have no instumental talent whatsoever. The only musical talent i have is my singing voice. I just really love the sound of the electric guitar, purely for enjoyment purposes!

Do you listen for just enjoyment purposes, or do you listen with the purpose of learning to play it on your electric guitar? If you can play that solo, then I am impressed!
Img

Corey

Corey
Omg xD i wish i could play an instrument lol, but i have no instumental talent whatsoever. The only musical talent i have is my singing voice. I just really love the sound of the electric guitar, purely for enjoyment purposes!

Img
I don't have instrumental talent either, not even a singing talent. But...I do love me some electric guitar...I love it so much that I agreed to get coffee with a guy after seeing him play electric at a concert I attended with friends. Good thing he turned out to have other notable qualities other than his guitar skills, because he became my husband a little over a year later. Now I can listen to him play any time...and also threaten him and tell him to turn his amp down 65 times a night when he plays in the garage. That’s actually what he’s doing as I’m typing this. 🤘🏼😂

happily_married

I don't have instrumental talent either, not even a singing talent. But...I do love me some electric guitar...I love it so much that I agreed to get coffee with a guy after seeing him play electric at a concert I attended with friends. Good thing he turned out to have other notable qualities other than his guitar skills, because he became my husband a little over a year later. Now I can listen to him play any time...and also threaten him and tell him to turn his amp down 65 times a night when he plays in the garage. That’s actually what he’s doing as I’m typing this. 🤘🏼😂
That’s good he has something to keep him busy during all of this!

happily_married

Here is something that German Postal Service offers for Easter holiday.

Children can write or handcraft a letter to Easter bunny's home and will get a reply...
Brief vom Osterhasen

Guess what I will be doing this afternoon...
I’m so bored I don’t even have kids with me in this house and I may be doing this too! 🤪😂🤣🙂😑🤔😒😔😖😭