Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Funtastic curves

While in quarantine I've been focusing on putting my house in order. Before the lock down I was too tired to function. working 11 hour days 6 & 7 days a week. Also taking a class while staying involved in my 14 year olds life( sports, education, quality time) not to mention life itself.

Even though the circumstances around use are tragic and depressing I'm trying to stay positive and find the bright side of it all. I've cleaned every single room in my home accept the 14 year olds room. I've slept, reorganize cabinets, closets, and Dresser drawers and sleptsome more. I've tackled laundry, which i hate doing, and disinfected everything probably twice and found more sleep.

This is week 3 of quarantine for me. I'm looking at this time as needed and overdue.
I can sit in my home and not be overwhelmed with life. I'm opening up windows allowing the fresh air to come into my home. I've enjoyed the sound of birds chirping. And the feeling of not being rushed and pressed for time is greatly appreciated.

Since we are allowed to still go outdoors for physical activities today the 14 year old and I are going for a nature walk. That's our favorite thing to do together ❤ there's a few trails we still have not ventured yet.

I've babbled enough for now.

Metallicalover99

Ok that legit sounds like a dream!! That is so sweet! Lol, that's hilarious xD i honestly would've gone out with someone as well based on their musical talent! And I'll bet it is fun to request songs to be played as well!!

I don't have instrumental talent either, not even a singing talent. But...I do love me some electric guitar...I love it so much that I agreed to get coffee with a guy after seeing him play electric at a concert I attended with friends. Good thing he turned out to have other notable qualities other than his guitar skills, because he became my husband a little over a year later. Now I can listen to him play any time...and also threaten him and tell him to turn his amp down 65 times a night when he plays in the garage. That’s actually what he’s doing as I’m typing this. 🤘🏼😂

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I thought since a lot of us are bunkered up in our homes during this time of quarantine, it’d be fun to share snapshots of where people are spending most of their time.

It could be of the common area of your home or of your makeshift office. If you’ve been using your kitchen a lot, show us what you’re working with! If you’ve spent a lot of time in the garage working on projects, show us what you’ve been working on. Maybe it’s your porch where you meditate on or cozy up for a good book, or maybe you have a favorite window in your home that offers beautiful scenery. And if you do have some awesome views outside of your house, PLEASE SHARE! I’m in dire need of nature. It’s been rainy and overcast where I’m at. It’s not fun. Or, if you’re still allowed to show up at your office, those pictures matter too.

DO NOT think that your house or situation has to be clean or perfect to share. That’s the fun of it! This is a chaotic time and we’re all just doing the best we can.

Here’s my situation 99.9% of the time....sitting on the floor of my living room with at least one kid hanging off my body like a monkey, or lingering just a few feet away. Oh, and snacks. I hand out snacks left and right all day long. Now, what about you?View attachment 135164
My backyard. Just...since it was there...

27F17391-2919-4B9A-B570-4CAB4386FF1C.jpeg

Corey

Corey
My backyard. Just...since it was there...

View attachment 135378
I’m craving nature so bad these days. The weather is back on a rain streak and will continue to rain for the next WEEK. This is torture with 3 young kids. Last week when the sunshine was out for a few days, I recorded this video because I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. Nature is good for my soul, and it was great to hear the birds talking after being cooped up for so long.

My daughter is washing her rock collection in a bucket of soap and water and using an old toothbrush to scrub them clean. Then she used some old bricks and stone to build the backyard bunnies a home (and left out some baby carrots for them to munch on). She always makes sure that the animals are taken care of. 😁

*edit* it won’t allow me to post a video, but here’s a picture.

Attachments

Last edited:

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I’m
I’m craving nature so bad these days. The weather is back on a rain streak and will continue to rain for the next WEEK. This is torture with 3 young kids. Last week when the sunshine was out for a few days, I recorded this video because I felt an overwhelming sense of peace. Nature is good for my soul, and it was great to hear the birds talking after being cooped up for so long.

My daughter is washing her rock collection in a bucket of soap and water and using an old toothbrush to scrub them clean. Then she used some old bricks and stone to build the backyard bunnies a home (and left out some baby carrots for them to munch on). She always makes sure that the animals are taken care of. 😁

It’s got to be tough on the kids. Nature is good for all of us (we’re actually part of it). Definitely good your daughter is kind to animals.

A couple months ago my boys and I watched Togo. My youngest actually refused because he suspected the dog would die. My older boy was sobbing by the end. He had our Leonberger with his big head in his lap and was just sobbing! It was endearing. Kids who don’t care about animals make me nervous.

Shotha

DM Supporter

I love nature and I love the rain. We need it just as much as the sun. The rain brings us so many good things like food and drink. It's cooling and refreshing. Without the rain, the sky would be grey and sunless for ever. We would be without beautiful landscape features like rivers, lakes and the sea. There would be no flowers and trees. In many countries, when the rain arrives, people go outside and dance in it. Playing in the rain does children no harm, so long as it's warm and they wear appropriate gear such as swimwear.

Corey

Corey
I love nature and I love the rain. We need it just as much as the sun. The rain brings us so many good things like food and drink. It's cooling and refreshing. Without the rain, the sky would be grey and sunless for ever. We would be without beautiful landscape features like rivers, lakes and the sea. There would be no flowers and trees. In many countries, when the rain arrives, people go outside and dance in it. Playing in the rain does children no harm, so long as it's warm and they wear appropriate gear such as swimwear.
Oh yes, we love the rain, especially when it helps my flowers to bloom. The downside of the rain is the mud bath it creates over my backyard. Texas mud is thick like clay and a pain to wash off. [interesting fact: because mud in Texas is so thick and heavy, it’s very rare that you see a home with a basement. With clay, eventually your home will have major foundation issues from all the shifting. We have ‘Texas Attics’ which are HUGE rooms located upstairs, separate from attics located in the ceiling.] But if I get desperate enough, I’m fully prepared to stick it out in the mud and rain. I ordered my kids rain boots just a few days ago and they should arrive by tomorrow. I loved playing in the rain as a kid, but parents’ backyard wasn’t muddy. My sister and I used to get our swimsuits on and shampoo our hair in the rain like the old Herbal Essence commercials. Of course, then we’d have to take a real shower inside the house because the rain made our hair sticky. Good times!

Last edited:

Shotha

DM Supporter
Oh yes, we love the rain, especially when it helps my flowers to bloom. The downside of the rain is the mud bath it creates over my backyard. Texas mud is thick like clay and a pain to wash off. [interesting fact: because mud in Texas is so thick and heavy, it’s very rare that you see a home with a basement. With clay, eventually your home will have major foundation issues from all the shifting. We have ‘Texas Attics’ which are HUGE rooms located upstairs, separate from attics located in the ceiling.] But if I get desperate enough, I’m fully prepared to stick it out in the mud and rain. I ordered my kids rain boots just a few days ago and they should arrive by tomorrow. I loved playing in the rain as a kid, but parents’ backyard wasn’t muddy. My sister and I used to get our swimsuits on and shampoo our hair in the rain like the old Herbal Essence commercials. Of course, then we’d have to take a real shower inside the house because the rain made our hair sticky. Good times!
Your kids have the platform of the slide to play in. They could use that when it's raining. And I remember that, when I was a kid, we used to love having mud fights. It's just like playing paintball but without the cost.