Things to do/participate in during self-quarantine

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I’ve been doing squats and calf raises whenever I feel trapped or stressed out. That’s a lot of squats and calf raises.
sorry to hear you’re stressed out. Exercise can be an incredible stress reliever though. I’m going crazy not having a gym to go to. I’ve been working out using charcoal bags and a bag of plaster sand the previous owner of this house left behind.

Funtastic curves

10 am workout with the family on video conference.

Later today I'll have another family chat with the family on the other side.

Looking forward to my evening concert 🤔wondering who's performing tonight.

Then for my late night entertainment I'll join the Dj mix party circuit, that should be a blast.

Rojodi

Another week done. No fighting yet.
Spent this morning in a virtual book club meeting. It seems those members who have no children were able to read entire novels in a week. I am so slacking.

I did accomplish writing character backgrounds and some background stories - something I should put on the internet for others to read - and built some worlds - one in which magic and myths exist, another where the women outnumber the men 3:1

op user

I will follow Corey's suggestion about putting pics from the place we spend the quarantine. Currently I re-watch a French film called "the untouchables" more here and try to listen to the dialogues while having Loreena McKennitt songs playing on the lap-top. Failing graciously to follow fully either.

Corey

Corey
10 am workout with the family on video conference.

Later today I'll have another family chat with the family on the other side.

Looking forward to my evening concert 🤔wondering who's performing tonight.

Then for my late night entertainment I'll join the Dj mix party circuit, that should be a blast.
I love that you are staying in contact with your family through workouts and video chat! Y’all seem fun.

Corey

Corey
I will follow Corey's suggestion about putting pics from the place we spend the quarantine. Currently I re-watch a French film called "the untouchables" more here and try to listen to the dialogues while having Loreena McKennitt songs playing on the lap-top. Failing graciously to follow fully either.
The Untouchables is an amazing film and one of my favorites. My husband and I watched it years ago, and even though we had to read the subtitles in English, it was SO GOOD. I need to re-watch it again. And yes, please post pictures!

Funtastic curves

I love that you are staying in contact with your family through workouts and video chat! Y’all seem fun.
Yeah it was my sister's idea to start having weekly check-ins being that we are all in different states. Then somehow we incorporated a 2 day a week workout. Which is not fun at all, but we need it.

anytime I'm with any side of the family it's always lots of laughs, food , and love. Oh how I miss home.

Rojodi

Yeah it was my sister's idea to start having weekly check-ins being that we are all in different states. Then somehow we incorporated a 2 day a week workout. Which is not fun at all, but we need it.

anytime I'm with any side of the family it's always lots of laughs, food , and love. Oh how I miss home.
My sister finally had time to check on the family, beyond the waving at me when I drop off caffeine/soda. She's been working 10 hour shifts at a hospital, returned to nursing.

The only complaints from ALL the women in the family: NAILS!!

Funtastic curves

My sister finally had time to check on the family, beyond the waving at me when I drop off caffeine/soda. She's been working 10 hour shifts at a hospital, returned to nursing.

The only complaints from ALL the women in the family: NAILS!!
Lol.... I understand their pain.

TwoSwords

My job involves computer use, so I can and do work from home, but I still have a little extra time to myself because of the quarantine. It's given me the time I needed to finish the video editing I was working on, as well as start a couple of new projects involving sound recording. I've read almost three books during this time, and replayed some of my favorite video games, as well as getting a new one recommended to me by my brother. Thanks to the internet, this process no longer requires leaving the home.

However, if I happen to run out of projects or hobbies at some point in the future, I could do any number of the following to fill time.
1. Learn more facts about science and engineering, or do some online reading in old-school philosophy.
2. Learn a new language using Youtube or some other online service that provides pronunciation guides.
3. Communicate with friends and relatives on the phone or by internet.
4. Read some public domain literature at Project Gutenberg.
5. Clean up around the house, sort my mail, or arrange some of my files in a more usable way.
6. Come up with more efficient solutions to some of the simple problems I have around the house.
7. Re-experience some of the movies, tv-shows, books and video games I've enjoyed in the past. I have a ton of these, because I tend to keep everything I like.
8. Collect recipes online, try out one or two, and write down how good they are when I save the recipe to my computer. I can still go out for groceries, at least.
9. Write some new story, that I've had swirling around in my head, but haven't had the time to record.
10. Draw some artwork, and/or practice drawing.
11. Make an animation for fun, using a program like GIMP that uses layers, to make the individual images.
12. Improve my spiritual life with regular prayer and reflection.

These are just a few of the many things I might be able to do with gobs of time on my hands.

happily_married

Happy to be part of Dims!
I’m out on the water again. Open water this time but didn’t stay too far out too long. Breeze is deceptively strong and a couple miles off the shore the water is choppy. This is also close to where the Chesapeake Bay and Atlantic converge so the currents do some funny things too. Better safe than sorry: back to the beach with me for some refreshments!

9F39BCCC-7A0E-4911-B18C-C14F2AE7A168.jpeg

Group builder