Things we break - New Stories 03.01.2018

Discussion in 'Weight Board' started by anonymous.viewerun, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Sep 7, 2019 #41

Bama

Bama

Bama

I'm not sure about really crappy. I have a really great one and it has a limit of only 600lbs. So many of these companies make products designed to be used by the "average" size consumer. Many of the queen size only support 400-500lbs. You put 2 real people on there and you're over the limit.

fat hiker likes this.
  2. Sep 8, 2019 #42

Katana Ventris

Katana Ventris

Katana Ventris

I've broken a few desk chairs

ChattyBecca and Colonial Warrior like this.
  3. Sep 27, 2019 #43

andycarter

andycarter

andycarter

I use air beds and pool air mattresses a lot. They sometimes leak right out of the package, but when they are good, they hold a lot of weight. The temporary bed ones rated at 600 pounds are too expensive to overload just for the fun of it, but my partner and I weigh about 1000 and we've been on those without incident, and we've been on them with other people. We did have one of these develop a huge bulge, but we had it loaded unevenly and we'll just try not to do that again lol.

The ones made for the pool are a lot less expensive. We've been on those in and out of the pool. The double wide air mattresses, the round island floats made for two-ish people, and even some smaller, very stylish ones made for instagram photos. We've doubled and tripled the weight limit of lots of pool floats, and the consequence is usually just that they don't float well, or at all. We did manage to pop a double air mattress, but it took people even bigger than me and my partner to pull that off lol. The smaller inflatables, like the tubes, also take a surprising amount of weight.

Out of the pool we've had pool floats go flat with just me on them, but we've also had them survive a pile-on of way more than 1000 pounds. My partner and I use them on the floor fairly often, sometimes with a third person, sometimes with a very heavy third person, but the two of us have overnighted on a pool air mattress just a few times. Sometimes they hold and sometimes they don't. They aren't expensive, so we have extras.

It's kind of exhilarating to take a pool float made for one person, like a single air mattress, or one of those instagram floats made for one person or maybe two small people, and put two very heavy people on it, and have it not pop.

4. Sep 27, 2019 #44

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

Colonial Warrior

He is a very lucky guy, indeed!

5. Sep 28, 2019 #45

Bama

Bama

Bama

Good point. The indicated limits are usually for liability purposes and to prevent a company from having to replace a product if an item is used in excess of listed limits. Most items won't break as soon as you go 1lb over the weight limit or spoil on the 1st day after the "best if used by" date. But, if you put 800lbs on a 400lb weight limit mattress and the mattress pops, you can't expect a refund. But, it will probably be ok as long as you're not using it as a trampoline. Keep in mind though, it really doesn't matter how well built it is, what the weight limit is, or how much weight you put on it if the mattress is getting really old. The glue that holds the seams together will only last for a limited number of years, especially in extreme temps. If the mattress was manufactured 10 years ago and has been sitting in a hot, humid warehouse for 9 of those years, the mattress simply won't last as long as one that was manufactured 6 months ago with the same specs. I know we all value every dollar we earn but sometimes you just gotta shop for a what you hope is a good air mattress, then roll the dice.

John Smith likes this.
  6. Nov 12, 2019 #46

anonymous.viewerun

anonymous.viewerun

anonymous.viewerun

Hi all:)

I would pay to see some ssbbw who could make a movie like that:

Movie where She bounce on a small office chair to the rhythm of the music? It would be great to see her having fun bouncing and chair having workout to hold her nice booty:) She could treat it as the exercise that someone have forced her to do on this chair therefore what..?? She does not like the chair a lot hehe therefore what she wants ...? She wants the chair to gave up (then she wouldn't have to exercise anymore) lol How long it would take for her to kill the chair? Depends on her weight and how strong she would be bouncing on it:)) Actually She could make a movie with chair for example every second day and use the chair only for this purpose :) We here could observe her looking sexy while bouncing in nice clothes on chair and make a bets if the chair will give up first or Her :) What do you thing people? hehe

John Smith likes this.
  7. Nov 24, 2019 #47

Warrior

Warrior

Warrior

Its a great idea!