Quantcast

Things we break - New Stories 03.01.2018

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Bama

Must have been a really crappy bed...
I'm not sure about really crappy. I have a really great one and it has a limit of only 600lbs. So many of these companies make products designed to be used by the "average" size consumer. Many of the queen size only support 400-500lbs. You put 2 real people on there and you're over the limit.

andycarter

We went camping recently and our airbed gave up on us. I don't know my partner's weight but both of us together at least 450lb. I dont think airbeds are made for that much hotness
Well.. regardless it should hold atleast double the weight..
Unfortunatly hehe, much more interesting to be on the limit
I have a really great one and it has a limit of only 600lbs. So many of these companies make products designed to be used by the "average" size consumer. Many of the queen size only support 400-500lbs. You put 2 real people on there and you're over the limit.
I use air beds and pool air mattresses a lot. They sometimes leak right out of the package, but when they are good, they hold a lot of weight. The temporary bed ones rated at 600 pounds are too expensive to overload just for the fun of it, but my partner and I weigh about 1000 and we've been on those without incident, and we've been on them with other people. We did have one of these develop a huge bulge, but we had it loaded unevenly and we'll just try not to do that again lol.

The ones made for the pool are a lot less expensive. We've been on those in and out of the pool. The double wide air mattresses, the round island floats made for two-ish people, and even some smaller, very stylish ones made for instagram photos. We've doubled and tripled the weight limit of lots of pool floats, and the consequence is usually just that they don't float well, or at all. We did manage to pop a double air mattress, but it took people even bigger than me and my partner to pull that off lol. The smaller inflatables, like the tubes, also take a surprising amount of weight.

Out of the pool we've had pool floats go flat with just me on them, but we've also had them survive a pile-on of way more than 1000 pounds. My partner and I use them on the floor fairly often, sometimes with a third person, sometimes with a very heavy third person, but the two of us have overnighted on a pool air mattress just a few times. Sometimes they hold and sometimes they don't. They aren't expensive, so we have extras.

It's kind of exhilarating to take a pool float made for one person, like a single air mattress, or one of those instagram floats made for one person or maybe two small people, and put two very heavy people on it, and have it not pop.

Bama

I use air beds and pool air mattresses a lot. They sometimes leak right out of the package, but when they are good, they hold a lot of weight. The temporary bed ones rated at 600 pounds are too expensive to overload just for the fun of it, but my partner and I weigh about 1000 and we've been on those without incident, and we've been on them with other people. We did have one of these develop a huge bulge, but we had it loaded unevenly and we'll just try not to do that again lol.

The ones made for the pool are a lot less expensive. We've been on those in and out of the pool. The double wide air mattresses, the round island floats made for two-ish people, and even some smaller, very stylish ones made for instagram photos. We've doubled and tripled the weight limit of lots of pool floats, and the consequence is usually just that they don't float well, or at all. We did manage to pop a double air mattress, but it took people even bigger than me and my partner to pull that off lol. The smaller inflatables, like the tubes, also take a surprising amount of weight.

Out of the pool we've had pool floats go flat with just me on them, but we've also had them survive a pile-on of way more than 1000 pounds. My partner and I use them on the floor fairly often, sometimes with a third person, sometimes with a very heavy third person, but the two of us have overnighted on a pool air mattress just a few times. Sometimes they hold and sometimes they don't. They aren't expensive, so we have extras.

It's kind of exhilarating to take a pool float made for one person, like a single air mattress, or one of those instagram floats made for one person or maybe two small people, and put two very heavy people on it, and have it not pop.
Good point. The indicated limits are usually for liability purposes and to prevent a company from having to replace a product if an item is used in excess of listed limits. Most items won't break as soon as you go 1lb over the weight limit or spoil on the 1st day after the "best if used by" date. But, if you put 800lbs on a 400lb weight limit mattress and the mattress pops, you can't expect a refund. But, it will probably be ok as long as you're not using it as a trampoline. Keep in mind though, it really doesn't matter how well built it is, what the weight limit is, or how much weight you put on it if the mattress is getting really old. The glue that holds the seams together will only last for a limited number of years, especially in extreme temps. If the mattress was manufactured 10 years ago and has been sitting in a hot, humid warehouse for 9 of those years, the mattress simply won't last as long as one that was manufactured 6 months ago with the same specs. I know we all value every dollar we earn but sometimes you just gotta shop for a what you hope is a good air mattress, then roll the dice.

Hi all:)

I would pay to see some ssbbw who could make a movie like that:

Movie where She bounce on a small office chair to the rhythm of the music? It would be great to see her having fun bouncing and chair having workout to hold her nice booty:) She could treat it as the exercise that someone have forced her to do on this chair therefore what..?? She does not like the chair a lot hehe therefore what she wants ...? She wants the chair to gave up (then she wouldn't have to exercise anymore) lol How long it would take for her to kill the chair? Depends on her weight and how strong she would be bouncing on it:)) Actually She could make a movie with chair for example every second day and use the chair only for this purpose :) We here could observe her looking sexy while bouncing in nice clothes on chair and make a bets if the chair will give up first or Her :) What do you thing people? hehe

Warrior

Hi all:)

I would pay to see some ssbbw who could make a movie like that:

Movie where She bounce on a small office chair to the rhythm of the music? It would be great to see her having fun bouncing and chair having workout to hold her nice booty:) She could treat it as the exercise that someone have forced her to do on this chair therefore what..?? She does not like the chair a lot hehe therefore what she wants ...? She wants the chair to gave up (then she wouldn't have to exercise anymore) lol How long it would take for her to kill the chair? Depends on her weight and how strong she would be bouncing on it:)) Actually She could make a movie with chair for example every second day and use the chair only for this purpose :) We here could observe her looking sexy while bouncing in nice clothes on chair and make a bets if the chair will give up first or Her :) What do you thing people? hehe
Its a great idea!

DazzlingAnna

DM Supporter
I broke my bed on Friday night. Cuss!
I had that once with our bed, too.
I was laying in the middle of the night, in the middle of that broken bed and couldn't move for several reasons - laughing was one of it.

Must have been a production fault (hehe). We replaced one piece and it is fine now (so far).

My true weak point: toilet seats
I have crashed a few, some at home, some at hotels.

Warrior

I had that once with our bed, too.
I was laying in the middle of the night, in the middle of that broken bed and couldn't move for several reasons - laughing was one of it.

Must have been a production fault (hehe). We replaced one piece and it is fine now (so far).

My true weak point: toilet seats
I have crashed a few, some at home, some at hotels.
How break the toilet seats? Only by sitting on them?

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
The toilet seat conversation reminds me of the time I tried to stand on the lid of my new toilet to reach a high place. And cracked the lid! Thankfully not a big crack but enough for my mother to ask what happened to it!

andycarter

I saw two women pop a pool floatie this week. Four heavy women being not at all bashful on the pool toys, the biggest of them on a duck float. It's a one person float with a capacity of 220 pounds according to the box, but it's large enough for two, and I saw three normal-sized people get on it. Unstable, but it floated them, over 400 pounds between them.

A woman who was probably over 500 pounds by herself sat on it straddling the head, so the head end was sunk up to the neck and the back end was sticking up out of the water. Normally people fall forward when they try to float on it like that unless they have a second (or third!) person behind them to balance the load, but this woman was stable and maneuverable as a boss. It looked seriously overloaded but it held her.

A second woman of about 350 pounds pulled on the back of it like she wanted to climb aboard. Still didn't manage to spill the heavier woman, so she tried harder, and they decided to try to get her on it, too. Moved so the one could balance against the stairs and the other could sit on the back of the duck. She couldn't get her legs around the other woman and she kept spilling them both, so she tried to sit on it backwards. Not enough room and she failed again.

What ended up working is she put her legs around the first woman's waist rather than around her butt. Sat with her legs on top of the other woman's hips and held on to her under her bust like they were riding a motorcycle. Still fell off it a couple times, but they eventually managed to balance, briefly.

The main body of the thing was submerged and the wings were spread and twisted like they would rip off. The head of the thing bulged and looked like it would explode. But they kept falling off, and the thing looked so happy and relieved to be out from under them lol.

Other people then got on it two and three at a time, and I lost interest since none of them were as big as the first two, but eventually the first woman got back on it, and wanted my partner of about 430 pounds to get on it with her. They were unable to stay on it, but I got to see the thing just about submerge as they tried. I suggested we add air, so they let me do that. Didn't help float them both, and probably increased the stress on the duck. I got on it, and I weigh more than the heavy woman. I suggested she get on it with me and she thought the idea so ridiculous she didn't take me seriously. Bummer. Tried to get my partner on it with me. We didn't succeed, but we briefly had more than 1000 pounds on the thing.

The heavy woman got on it and once again was super stable. Not sure how she does that. Got my partner on it with her again. Landed it a couple times but couldn't stay on it. Got the 350 pound woman on with her again and got it stable! The head of the duck bulged so much the black eyes were turning grey as the vinyl stretched. They got good at balancing, but when they spilled for about the third time, we got my partner on it again. Balanced against the side of the pool, at first, and then floated carefully out toward the center. Nearly stable at last!

Boom! The head of the duck popped and the ladies fell off the float. The outer ring of the body of the duck, and the head, wings and tail, deflated, leaving the center two rings, the second air chamber, still inflated.

andycarter

I like pool floaties because it surprises people that they hold so much weight. Once a heavy person gets on them, though, people are more willing to use them. They are self conscious about how much they sink, and about falling off them, but they get over their fear of popping them. I have several super heavy friends who don't bat an eye getting on a float, but people who haven't seen it are more bashful.

My partner an I have used double wide pool air mattresses on the floor of hotel rooms, and we've crashed with friends at conventions like this, and those who haven't seen us do that go through this omg-I-gotta-see-this-have-to-look-but-not-look-like-I'm-looking phase of checking out the fat people getting on an air mattress before they believe it'll hold us. Sometimes it doesn't last the night, but we've never outright popped one. They just go flat.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tad

Latest posts