Things we break :)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

op user

missyj1978,

I hope you did not get hurt. I am surprised that you broke the chairs despite being on the light side of the curves here.

I wish I had a girlfriend to allow me to factually contribute to the thread.

Op user

SprocketRocket

missyj1978,

I hope you did not get hurt. I am surprised that you broke the chairs despite being on the light side of the curves here.

I wish I had a girlfriend to allow me to factually contribute to the thread.

Op user
I have to agree! They break with such ease that your weight must be concentrated on your lower parts, or so i would think with my imagination.. Stupid weak lawn chairs! :(

CleverBomb

On Space Out
Honestly, some of them are so poorly engineered and cheaply made that it's a wonder they don't collapse when even skinny people use them!

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
This isn't exactly a break but my partner was apparently sitting on a wooden chair in his house every day for a while and one day a skinny friend of his came round and sat on the same chair and it just cracked and broke! My bf is around 450lbs so I guess taking that weight repeatedly just weakened it! He sticks to to the metal leg chairs now!

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Well I just officially broke my first thing! I sort of thudded down on my bed as I usually do and there was a huge cracking sound, loud enough that my family were concerned and asking what that was. I actually checked my bed frame it was so loud! It seems though that I broke something inside of the mattress as the part I flopped down on now has no resistance at all if I lean on it and just squashes down flat. It was an old mattress but I am still in shock! :doh:

Buttonboy

This Xmas I was so embarrassed. Being the holiday I dressed up in a blue buttondown shirt, nice slacks and a belt to hold my big belly in. Well obv I gorge myself during dinner to a point where I overate so much I could barely move. I stood up and stretched out raising my hands to my side. Then with a gunshot pop my belt bursted off of me flying to the floor and revealing a big brown button on my slacks.

Ms Charlotte BBW

Fantasy Land
Sooooo...I was sitting on my son's desk chair, which is like a folding chair, but padded, and supposedly sturdier...and I suddenly felt the chair literally bending beneath my weight. It didn't actually break...but it is definitely not a useable chair anymore. :blush: :doh:

KHayes666

Go away
Sooooo...I was sitting on my son's desk chair, which is like a folding chair, but padded, and supposedly sturdier...and I suddenly felt the chair literally bending beneath my weight. It didn't actually break...but it is definitely not a useable chair anymore. :blush: :doh:
Well if you have to pay for it, sorry to hear that. Otherwise, nice lol

fatcat00f

How much do you weigh?

Warrior

I think a chair of a 8 year old Boy is not made for a big woman! Every time when i am in a furniture store and the the furniture for Kids ore Teens then i think: Will this hold the weight of my girlfriend or will it break immediately?

Ms Charlotte BBW

Fantasy Land
I think a chair of a 8 year old Boy is not made for a big woman! Every time when i am in a furniture store and the the furniture for Kids ore Teens then i think: Will this hold the weight of my girlfriend or will it break immediately?
Well, lol, this was actually a type of "sturdy" folding chair with padding. It's a full size desk with the full size chair...so in essence, I broke an adult chair. :blush:

Latest posts