Thinking of running away.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Angelette

Hi. Yes, I am that Debbie Downer.

I got in a fight with my dad not so long ago. The line was crossed when he verbally forced me to do what I was doing. Even though I didn't want to do it anymore.

I'm currently unemployed and don't have many responsibilities at the moment. So, I was thinking of staying with a friend of mine to avoid my dad for a few days. Unfortunately, I don't know how to drive yet. But maybe I can take a bus and walk to his house.

Fearing that my actions may have consequences. The family really heavily relies on me. My mom abandoned the family and now I am in her mother role. Also scared that my dad will do something drastic such as calling the cops or destroying my valuables. Which cost a lot of my hard earned money and some are rare.

Maybe it's best I just I don't run away. But he did affect my mental health and I am scared he will never let go the incident. What do you guys think? Have you ever been in this type of situation before?

If this is the wrong section to have this topic. Then my apologies. Thought of putting it in health, but I feel here is more suitable.

James1662

Take some time to calm down and think on out situation. I take my time thoroughly thinking through any decision before acting. Without really knowing the specifics of your particular situation, I can’t really say what the best course of action is I would just say don’t make an immediate rash decision unless your in danger. One other thing, you’re not really required to be in a mother role if you’re not the mother. If you want to that’s fine. But any remaining parents should be assuming parental roles.

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Angelette - I can only second what James1662 wrote.

Step back from social media and take your time to think your options through. Make the proverbial list of best, most realistic and worst outcome for each option.
Use the internet only to research actual support solutions like social services, etc. to help you and the family important to you get out of the situation.

Distance though is something that can help - on both sides. If you decide on that option, take what is really important to you with you. Given how young you are, I assume most of your valuables are portable.

Good luck!

James1662

If you just need someone to vent to, I’m sure there are many people here willing to lend an ear. Don’t give up.

Green Eyed Fairy

Veteran of a 1000 Psychic Wars
Is your fear well grounded? Not doubting you or the seriousness of the situation, just thinking about some of my own fear based thinking/actions in the past.
Do you have other family members you can reach out to for their input/support?

Saxphon

I do hope things are showing some improvement here. Sad to hear of parents taking that kind of actions towards their family.

Latest posts