This is a thread about how little time I have left of my 20s

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ash

Smash
DimensionsModel
Booo.

I hereby promise, fellow 20s kids, that when I graduate from this board in a year and a half, I will not say any of the following.

You'll think differently when you're older.
But you're still so young!
You're too young to get it yet.
When you're older and wiser...
I used to think that way when I was young, too.

In return, I ask that you never call me "older". Ick.

Blue Walker

Dont you had 25 when you start modeling ?

The positive are that you now are wiser and that Wiser make you HEAVIER.

but that you said is true , We are never too wise to understand us.

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
omg lol.... Rep coming to you Blue Walker. lol

But seriously... I promised I wouldn't say those things too. Make sure you promise these things sweetly because they are words you will have to eat eventually. :( Life is too insane for it not to change you profoundly in some way, hopefully for the better.

Okay okay... I'm leaving.

NoWayOut

Ash, you'll always be a young woman no matter what the calendar says.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Booo.

I hereby promise, fellow 20s kids, that when I graduate from this board in a year and a half, I will not say any of the following.

You'll think differently when you're older.
But you're still so young!
You're too young to get it yet.
When you're older and wiser...
I used to think that way when I was young, too.

In return, I ask that you never call me "older". Ick.
I make no such promise!!

At 28, I expect that people in their 40's will tell me that I don't get it and, dammit, I'm going to have the same privilege later in life!! :D

Captain Save

never had a 40
I make no such promise!!

At 28, I expect that people in their 40's will tell me that I don't get it and, dammit, I'm going to have the same privilege later in life!! :D
It's even better when instead of telling someone they don't understand, you just smile and nod your head as though they didn't get the memo. The displays of frustration and confusion are worth their weight in gold!

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
I can't call you older? But you WILL be older than I will! What am I supposed to say then? lol

LillyBBBW

Wig Snatcher
That privilege is oh, so satisfying.

Ashley, have some metaphorical ketchup ready. As Lily said, you're going to eat your words later in life.
Well to be sure there is a lot of crap that.. ahem... older folks give younger folks a finger wagging about that are completely unnessesary. On those things I was seeing clearly enough to keep my promise but there are other things I know now that I didn't know then that I can't in good conscience keep to myself.

View attachment HaveFun.jpg

seavixen

Ditz Extraordinaire
I think I've said most of those things already. But, then again, I'm around younger people pretty often - and I'm sort of a young old lady. (Note blanket on lap and knitting in hands.)

jones

I'm a crotchety old man at 29. I sit around and complain about kids, yelling at them to stay away from the cars in the parking lot. I'm prone to cursing the neighbors for making noise.

snuggletiger

Clowns Fear Me
I love being the mid-30's snarker who tells people of a different opinion "when I want YOUR opinion I'll give you one" and then give them the Morey Amsterdam wave off. So far it keeps moochers, alkies, dependents, and addicts off my driveway and doorstep.

Miskatonic

Advanced Killbot
It's hard to believe I'm going to be thirty in a year and a half. I feel like I'm still so young, yet I feel old as hell at the same time. I already hate the kids of today :mad:

Shinobi_Hime-Sama

Found Mr. Right...I hope.
I am only 28, my 30th b-day is in April 2013. I do notice the major differences with the tweens and teens now than when I was one of them in the late 90's, I remember when Columbine was huge international news and now it seems to be like an every day thing now, some dude goes on a killing spree at an American mid-west college and people are like meh. What the hell happened in the last 15 years?:(

KHayes666

Go away
I always said I'd never live to see 30 so I've lived my 20's like there's no tomorrow. I have no regrets

rockhound225

Has Rocks on the Brain
Twenty-seven and a half (plus or minus a fortnight), and while I feel like I've accomplished so little in my life to this point, I have to remind myself that I cannot go around comparing myself to my friends (who've gotten wed, have/having kids, starting careers) because I know that I've still got all of that ahead of me. 27 says to me that I've still got a lot ahead of me, and that I've got some years under my belt. Every day is a new chance, and it's entirely up to me whether or not I seize or squander it. Then again, just by living and enjoying the life you do have, how can you squander a day?

FishCharming

derailer extraordinaire!
29 in march and it was a sad day when i realized that i was no longer young and hip a few years back... mentally i think i may be stuck at 17 though :D

oh, but i do hate teenagers. with a fiery, burning passion. whenever i see skinny jeans on guys i want to let loose into a fist monsoon of broken hipsters...

Big_Belly_Lover

Twenty-seven and a half (plus or minus a fortnight), and while I feel like I've accomplished so little in my life to this point, I have to remind myself that I cannot go around comparing myself to my friends (who've gotten wed, have/having kids, starting careers) because I know that I've still got all of that ahead of me. 27 says to me that I've still got a lot ahead of me, and that I've got some years under my belt. Every day is a new chance, and it's entirely up to me whether or not I seize or squander it. Then again, just by living and enjoying the life you do have, how can you squander a day?
I'm going to be 27 in July and like you I can't help but compare myself to my peers for what they've done or are doing with their lives, even the people who are younger than I am!

I wish I could just stop obsessing over things like that, look forward to what's to come, remember that everyone is different; not everyone lives the same life, remember that what some people have done may not be right for me at the time or ever and just relax and enjoy life as it does get me down sometimes when I compare but I find it's just such a hard thing to stop doing...

Matt.

crosseyedhamster

JUst reading over old threads, and it's funny cuz before I went to college I used to only hang out with people my own age, and now most of my best friends are in their mid-30's (I, by comparison, am 22) or late 20's, and the age-barrier is only slightly their.

Granted, we're all LARPers, so that might have something to do with it :p

Latest posts