This is the most amazing thing you'll see all day.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Blackjack

Fupa Troopa
This photograph is ONE GIGAPIXEL.

EBC_Pumori_050112_preview_zpscd4f4e9f.jpg

It’s of the Khumbu Glacier- where Mt. Everest is. And the clarity is mind-blowing.

Zoom in all the way at the bottom, where you see those tiny yellow specks- and you’ll see people standing around in base camp.

Or zoom out all the way and look left and right and see for miles and miles on this unusually cloudless day.

I assure you that nothing you see today- or for the rest of the year- will top this.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Wow, fantastic picture, very cool.

And Dr. Feelgood, I don't know, I'm with Blackjack, I think the peaks in that pic do manage to outshine those on the paysite board....:D

dharmabean

♥ ɢrÃ¥тıтuɗɛ
Wow, I think I found a new favorite on this board!

Zoidberg, thank you for that link too. I'm fascinated by photography like this.

moore2me

Lions don't need to spank
This photograph is ONE GIGAPIXEL.

EBC_Pumori_050112_preview_zpscd4f4e9f.jpg

It’s of the Khumbu Glacier- where Mt. Everest is. And the clarity is mind-blowing.

Zoom in all the way at the bottom, where you see those tiny yellow specks- and you’ll see people standing around in base camp.

Or zoom out all the way and look left and right and see for miles and miles on this unusually cloudless day.

I assure you that nothing you see today- or for the rest of the year- will top this.

Blackjack, You're the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!! And yes, since the rest of the year is about two more weeks and it looks like the world is not going to end in 2012, seeing this beautiful picture and the wonderous technology involved, may be the highlight to the rest of my year.

And as a retort to Dr Feelgood - my standards are somewhat different than yours. So unless one or more of the following happens in what's left of 2012:

- a really great PBR bull ride comes along, or
- Brad Pitt has a kick ass new movie (which I hear Killing Me Softly is not), or
- JC comes to begin Armageddon, or
- GoT starts an early season on HBO within two weeks, or
- I win a multi-million dollars, tax free, lottery jackpot, or
- Arkansas passes Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Louisiana in at least a few categories such as number of permanent teeth per adult, or education level completed per adult, or smallest number of large appliances and non-working cars in the family's yard.

JASmith

Godless heathen
Unbelievable...I've always wanted to go to Everest Base Camp.

Latest posts