Tiny & Edie: Oldies But Goodies

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

earthlykaiser

You know, I find it funny that every post I try to put up to defend myself against these biased opinions have been deleted, despite the fact that I could be even ruder than I come off as.

Yeah, this is FRIENDLY.
Anyways, I'm not saying that he doesn't have the right to post this stuff, I'm just stating that HE NEEDS TO WORK ON IT.

Also, what the hell is up with that cat?
It looks like it got man-handled by a tire-well.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
You know, I find it funny that every post I try to put up to defend myself against these biased opinions have been deleted, despite the fact that I could be even ruder than I come off as.
Ummm - for the record you've only had one post deleted. And you were corresponded with on that so you fully know why.

What you may not have noticed while focusing on cats is that this site for its size is remarkably free of spam. Also trolls who come here to say and do unacceptable things. Part of the reason for that is software that mandates screening and manual approval of the posts of newer members. You had exactly one post in this thread that was delayed longer than normal awaiting moderator approval for that reason - its there now, along with your response of this morning.

Now I know because I've visited your Deviant Arts site that you're not a troll, at least not as that term is traditionally understood. But if you expect our normal level of friendliness I have a thought for you: bragging about how rude you could be, along with justifying rather than promising to modify your behavior, is not the way to get there.

earthlykaiser

I wasn't bragging about rude I could be, it's just that I come of as such to people since I've never sugar-coated things, this is seriously how friendly I can be.

Once again, let me state that I'm not telling him that his stuff is sheer and utter crap, it's just that he can do better, and should put some effort into improving upon his art style instead of shelling out what looks like abuse of the circle tool.

Observer

Sometimes sugar coating helps though - its an old saying that you catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

I can be as acerbic and vitriolic as anyone - and fifty years ago as a teenage firebrand took pride in arguing against what I regarded then the fuddy-duddy crustaceans of the establishment. They seemed so complacent and unwilling to see things as clearly s young people do. Actually I now know that we were the blind ones because we couldn't see the nuanced larger picture that they did.

I'm not especially proud of my hot-headed "tell it like I see it " behavior of those days because I now know my vision was impaired. Fortunately my father was a reformed hothead himself and knew what I was going through. He engaged me in debate as I did my sons and do with people such as yourself rather than just dismissively saying "sit down and shut up."

I've no way of telling whether you're one of the wise ones who will learn from such a dialog as this - but some who are reading may. And that's why I and others like me take the time to do it. Believe it or not, we actually care about other human beings

Laz

For future reference, I wish to state that when I get pissed off, I start to have some really simple grammar problems.
I am working on fixing that, and being anal retentive about it will only make the problem worse.
Hey, you were the one who came in here and claimed to be the big bad writer, smarter than everyone else because writing is "to complicated" for the rest of us mere mortals to understand.

When you do that, I hold you to a higher standard. Basically, you just proved what a hypocrite you are. I don't know if you understand yet, but I wouldn't have said anything, nor even cared if you hadn't come out lambasting a long time member of and contributor to this community like that. When you act like a jerk, I will treat you like one.

Have a nice day! :D

Observer

Uh - Laz, I understand your position but we're trying to teach here, not fan the flames.

Namecalling is not conducive to the process - its also against the rules.

That said, it is true that one who sets them selves as an expert does got evaluated to a higher standard. Has anyone else thought about what "earthly kaiser" literally means?

Kaiser, llike Czar, is a cognate of Ceaser, which in ancient Rome became the title of the ruler of what some westerners consider to have been the then civilized world (never mind Parthia, Scythia, China and sundry empires in the Americas - if you were Greco-Roman they simply didn't count. That's why the great library of Alexandria was destroyed and the soil of Carthage sewn with salt, leading to expansion of the Sahara desert).

The Ceasers of yore had a lot going for them, but thought overly much of their power and not enough of their mortality and obligations to others. They dished it out "like it is" for a time, but then what happened? The Jihad of Islam and the barbarians of the north did them in Both in turn were themselves humbled.

In all this there is a parable and a lesson somewhere to be learned.

earthlykaiser

Hey, you were the one who came in here and claimed to be the big bad writer, smarter than everyone else because writing is "to complicated" for the rest of us mere mortals to understand.
Oh, like you don't do anything embarrassing when your angry, like spit at people while talking...

As for the name, it just sounded cool when I typed it in.

Laz

Uh - Laz, I understand your position but we're trying to teach here, not fan the flames.

Namecalling is not conducive to the process - its also against the rules.

That said, it is true that one who sets them selves as an expert does got evaluated to a higher standard.
Good point, my apologies. It was not my intent to engage in name calling, I was explaining my stance and defending myself.

Ninja Glutton

Film and Music Geek
My talent is in something a tad to complicated for you to grasp, it's known as WRITING, as for the stuff that I do not post here, it's because they're not the sort of thing that belongs on such a forum.
Wow, dude, you are making yourself look like a total ass. First of all, it's "credibility" not "creditability." Second, you claim that your talent is "to complicated" (SIC) for anyone to understand. If you claim to be this talented, great writer, then learn how to spell and learn the to/too/two rules taught in like second friggin' grade. You have more grammatical errors in your posts than a 4 year old with 3 fingers.

Don't dish out what you can't take back. Also, yes, you're entitled to your opinion, but you didn't have to phrase it like such an asshole. You're poking and prodding and trying to get on RV's nerves by trashing his work and attacking its comedic and artistic value. Newsflash kid: NEGATIVITY BREEDS NEGATIVITY. If you don't like it, then don't look at it, or at least shut the hell up about it. The fact that you blatantly try to start shit on a board centered around acceptance is just childish and retarded.

earthlykaiser

You know, a lot of people are getting in quite a tiffy over something that was implied to only one person...

earthlykaiser

The reason behind that comment, is that no one is ever done with their self-improvement, and when people stop striving for better results, they've lost the right to any respect they can garner.

Risible

Monkey Daze
The reason behind that comment, is that no one is ever done with their self-improvement, and when people stop striving for better results, they've lost the right to any respect they can garner.
Lofty answer, but it doesn't speak to my question.

May I suggest - have a go in Hyde Park, another one of the forums here. Your style, less the ad hominem jousts, would likely win the day there.

RVGleason

First, I want to thank everyone who came to my defense and have supported me on the board. That means so much to me that I can't even begin to adequately express my appreciation.

Having been a little too busy to work on some newer cartoons, I started this thread to share some of my older cartoons for those who enjoyed them over the years and to introduced them to others who came late to the party. One individual has taken it upon himself to ridiculously criticize some silly cartoons which are a few years old and show my earlier drawing style which has improved a bit over the years. If you compare my current drawings to the older ones you will note a discernible change in my style.

I've developed a style that I'm very comfortable with and I have no intention of changing it at this time. I may get a more advanced drawing program in the future and experiment a little more, but with many things going on right now, it's not a priority with me at this time. My dear friends PlumpLin and Geepster have shown me a drawing and animation program which looks interesting and I'll look into it more fully when I find the time.

The whole purpose of this thread was to showcase some of my older work for those who remember and enjoyed them and introduce them to a newer audience. I will continue to do so. That's the reason this thread was started in the first place. For those who enjoy them, I'm glad my silly little cartoons can bring a smile to your face.

Cheers,

RV :eat1:

View attachment Bounce.jpg

LalaCity

My talent is in something a tad to complicated for you to grasp, it's known as WRITING...
Since we're criticizing people over "shoddy" execution of their respective crafts...

As has already been pointed out, but bears repeating, you've misspelled the word "too" (meaning "excessively") in the above sentence. You wrote "to," which is a preposition.

Please do also try to master the distinction between "your" and "you're," the former being an adjective, the latter a contraction of "you" + "are." This common misspelling is one of the cardinal signs of poor literacy.

And, oh yeah -- the word is "credibility," not "creditability."

earthlykaiser

I notice that no one has picked up on the LAST EXPLANATION FOR THAT STATEMENT which was a couple posts up.

Also, I hardly see how telling someone that they need to work on their style some more is ridiculous.
Would you people be ever so kind as to TELL ME HOW THAT IS RIDICULOUS?

As for the credibility versus creditability, I rarely use the word and it wasn't picked up by my spell checker, so get off my case about that.

likeitmatters

happiness as finally come
they are full of themselves and think the world owes them everything and have not earned the right to make such complaints against elder of this website. I work with such idiots and I ignore them for the most part.

They generally have no insight and think they know it all and they dont and they feel since they have a college degrees makes them superior in the workforce...wrong practical experience counts more for me...all you have is a piece of paper and probably cheated to pass the course.

Dont let the 20 something bother you...he knows not what he is talking about.

and I noticed he has not bothered to come up with his own cartoon. At least you try.... :mad:

RVGleason

they are full of themselves and think the world owes them everything and have not earned the right to make such complaints against elder of this website. I work with such idiots and I ignore them for the most part.

They generally have no insight and think they know it all and they dont and they feel since they have a college degrees makes them superior in the workforce...wrong practical experience counts more for me...all you have is a piece of paper and probably cheated to pass the course.

Dont let the 20 something bother you...he knows not what he is talking about.

and I noticed he has not bothered to come up with his own cartoon. At least you try.... :mad:
I'm not concerned a bit about him. If he had anything worth contributing, he would have done so by now. I also suspect he's much younger than the 20 he's admitting to as well. Any potential audience he would have had he pretty much alienated, so he cut his nose despite his face. Not worth my time.

Thanks again for the support.

Cheers,

RV :eat1:

Latest posts

Group builder