Tired of hearing about MJ

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
Ok, this may make me seem like a cold hearted bitch, but I am so tired of hearing about Michael Jackson.
I was tired of hearing about him yesterday afternoon. It was all over the radio as I was driving home from work, and then this morning, the local oldies station was playing nothing but his records.

People need to put things in perspective. Michael Jackson may have been talented and may have sold a lot of records, but he was an extremely flawed human being and too many people are glossing over the flaws to almost elevate him to sainthood. Enough already...

*** Putting on my asbestos BVDs in case I get flamed for this ***

Ruffie

I felt the same way when Mother Teresa passed and everything was about Princess Dianna. Yes she did good work too, but to say nothing about a woman who dedicated her life to helping others completely chapped my ass. Its all about who is the bigger celebrity and people just eat it up.

Maxx Awesome

Sings like a Monster Baby
Thing is, the media will absolutely beat you over the head with one thing 'til you're bloody sick of hearing about it.
I mean, one week Swine Flu was coming & we were all going to die of it. Next week, Susan Fucking Boyle was FRONT PAGE news on every paper in the country! An ugly woman who can sing was deemed more important than this fatal disease which was all we heard about the week before! WTF?!
I would like to know more about the situation in Iran, but, just as BJ pointed out, that's a place that's difficult to access at the moment. Michale Jackson basically shaped Pop music into what it is today, he's as big an influence as Elvis or The Beatles. Of course there's going to be alot of media coverage & with the other biggest story at the moment being impossible to grasp on to, well, it's going to fill the time on any news channel at the moment.

DJBEATBOX2k3

Ok, this may make me seem like a cold hearted bitch, but I am so tired of hearing about Michael Jackson. I turn on the news because I want to see news, you know, about things going on in the world and ALL of the channels here local and national are ONLY about MJ.

Other people have died today. Wars are still going on. Crime did not stop happening. Politicians did not stop lying. MP's did not stop stealing money.

I understand the need to pay tribute to those who have made a difference, but come on! Is one human life worth more than the next??? I understand he made a difference in a lot of lives, but what about people in the red cross in foreign countries who die? We never hear about them and they are doing good for people....real good.

Grrr. I've probably pissed everyone off, but I really hate this obsession people have with celebrities. They are just people. People are born, people die.

PS-RIP MJ, this is nothing personal, you were human like the rest of us.
hey donni, i feel what you mean. he was good at what he did. but like you said everyones human and people die everyday.

Your Plump Princess

Just dancing with shadows
We Knew Farrah was dying.
We were basically just waiting for THAT 'breaking news' clip. So it wasn't really a long-lasting big-money/rating/ect story.

But MJ Dying, SUDDENLY, and RIGHT Before a Tour?
That's more 'Shocking' because we -weren't- expecting it. Nobody -knew- it was going to happen. So of course, loads of people across the universe were glued to their TV sets. Now. Don't get me wrong. I was REALLY Pissed that I missed Keith and Rachel last night. But I don't expect most TV Stations to stop paying tribute until after the autopsy, burial, and a week after he's 6 ft under. Or, well, whatever their doing to him.

1300 Class

Pam Poovey's Stunt Double
I was tired of hearing about him yesterday afternoon. It was all over the radio as I was driving home from work, and then this morning, the local oldies station was playing nothing but his records.

People need to put things in perspective. Michael Jackson may have been talented and may have sold a lot of records, but he was an extremely flawed human being and too many people are glossing over the flaws to almost elevate him to sainthood. Enough already...

*** Putting on my asbestos BVDs in case I get flamed for this ***
I agree.

Me agreeing, gosh, what a day!

Tanuki

Bear. Rawr~!
Upon hearing the news I immediately put on a pair of headphones and listed to anything other what was blaring out of every speaker every radio station and TV channel... Even fans of his must be getting sick of his music being played constantly everywhere, Kinda like at Christmas where wherever you go you hear the same 4 songs.. Or when Candle In he Wind was everywhere. I mean this morning I was flicking through some music channels and 9 our of 12 were playing his songs... the other 3 had adverts.

I have been brought up being told that if you haven't anything nice to say then don't say it... and so I will be keeping silent on the subject of the man himself.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
I am pretty sure it is ok to go to town on adults who SEXUALLY ABUSE CHILDREN ( a little tired of the sanitized ' molested ' and ' improper conduct ' ). I have a nice lengthy post for this thread, and I plan on getting it here.

Isa

In search of....
In the lives of every young boy he molested...
The main two that he was charged on I personally do not believe. The investigations into their stories/lives/families show that these were basically extortion attempts and they worked, especially the Chandler case.

If he actually molested anyone, especially after the first accusation, then I blame the parents for offering up their children in the name of fame and money.

Sugar

The main two that he was charged on I personally do not believe. The investigations into their stories/lives/families show that these were basically extortion attempts and they worked, especially the Chandler case.

If he actually molested anyone, especially after the first accusation, then I blame the parents for offering up their children in the name of fame and money.
It's well documented that MJ had an unusually shaped penis. When an 11 yo boy can describe in detail his penis...there IS a problem.

Protecting the rich and the famous is disgusting...I don't really care if he died on a peace keeping mission for the world. He's a molester and just because the courts which are severely flawed couldn't make the charges stick doesn't make them untrue. Most sexual abuse cases are thrown out.

I want to throw him out with the bath water. His sick memory doesn't even deserve this much discussion in my opinion.

PS You can always check the smoking gun...their archive is detailed and facts, it's not tabloid fodder

Isa

In search of....
It's well documented that MJ had an unusually shaped penis. When an 11 yo boy can describe in detail his penis...there IS a problem.

Protecting the rich and the famous is disgusting...I don't really care if he died on a peace keeping mission for the world. He's a molester and just because the courts which are severely flawed couldn't make the charges stick doesn't make them untrue. Most sexual abuse cases are thrown out.

I want to throw him out with the bath water. His sick memory doesn't even deserve this much discussion in my opinion.
Who is protecting anyone? I stopped being a serious MJ fan years ago but still love his older tunes and respect the talent that created them. After reading a lot of research on the two cases I believe they were about money and not the children being molested. Plain an simple. The media tried and convicted the man before the trial ever began. Everyone that is charged with a crime is not guilty.

As I said if in the end the children were molested then I blame the parents because they put their children in harms way for money and fame.

Oh and I am sure there are many children that can describe their fathers penis, does that always mean they were molested? No, it just means they've seen him undressed. While that would be questionable in this discussion is still does not prove anything concrete.

NoWayOut

Honestly, I had never heard of Farrah Fawcett, and I didn't care about Michael Jackson's death. It didn't affect me at all.

William

I am up at 4:30 AM to do a chore and all TV News stations are wall to wall Michael Jackson

William

Honestly, I had never heard of Farrah Fawcett, and I didn't care about Michael Jackson's death. It didn't affect me at all.

Shosh

Susannah
Yes I am already pretty sick of hearing about MJ's death. I also do not really have any feelings about it. He kind of creeped me out to be honest.
Yes he was talented to be sure, but one does not get a pass for their actions just because they have a talent or are a celebrity.

It is the whole cult of celebrity thing.

Latest posts