Tired of hearing about MJ

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Edens_heel

Stop telling me what I should say or think.

People like Michael Jackson evoke very strong opinions in others - either very positive or very negative. Very few people have no opinion in Michael Jackson. I thought he was over-rated when he performed with the Jackson 5, and m opinion never changed. What is really bothering me s that far too many people are glossing over his perversion to concentrate on his music. I say you can't separate the two - his pedophilia was as much a part of his as his singing and dancing.

And while they say you shouldn't speak ill of the dead, some people deserve it, IMHO. And this is just such a case.

So again - stop telling me what I should say or think.
I did not tell you what to say or think, I said that I did not feel that such spite towards posters who have not shown it to you is not warranted, regardless of what you think about the man at the centre of this topic.

Regardless, I think it will just be easier if I add you to my ignore list, so as to avoid what I see as unecessarily negative and insulting colour commentary. Your comment about speaking ill of the dead came off as carrying a coldness that is just, well, distressing.

Cheers and good luck to you.

Wayne_Zitkus

Proud FA Since 1962
I did not tell you what to say or think, I said that I did not feel that such spite towards posters who have not shown it to you is not warranted, regardless of what you think about the man at the centre of this topic.

Regardless, I think it will just be easier if I add you to my ignore list, so as to avoid what I see as unecessarily negative and insulting colour commentary. Your comment about speaking ill of the dead came off as carrying a coldness that is just, well, distressing.

Cheers and good luck to you.
And you add me to yours. We have nothing further to discuss.

Isa

In search of....
----
As for who to blame. I guess alllllllllllllllll those MJ fan(atics) who continued to buy his music and idolize him, even after the first accusations...they also kinda-sorta offered those additional kids up on a silver platter. enabling him, by padding his bank account, and defending him like rabid animals. Hey, those parents were also just being loving and loyal fans, who would NEVER believe such a thing about MJ.

There is a LOT of blame to go around in situations like this...a lot. I would start by getting in Joe Jackson's face. That is one person who hopefully has not had one good nights sleep. I do feel some empathy, after the hot anger, for adults who were so totally fucked with as children, that they are groomed to pay it forward. Add in the sick obsession with celebrity, and no way shit was not going to hit the fan.

I mourn the child Michael Jackson.
MJ's bank accounts were going to be padded if by nothing else than the Beatles catalog (guess we can blame Paul McCartney for that considering he allowed it to slip into Michael's hands). I still believe that when it comes to blame a great amount of it lies solely with the parents. No one else gave permission concerning their children but them. I do not think they were so much fans as opportunists looking for payouts, which in one way or another, they received. That it came at the expense of their son's well-being obviously did not matter. To me this is the saddest of all.

I do agree about mourning the child MJ. Maybe if he'd been treated better by his own father he would have been stronger mentally and not become the freak that we all came to know publicly.

FaxMachine1234

you know it
People like Michael Jackson evoke very strong opinions in others - either very positive or very negative. Very few people have no opinion in Michael Jackson. I thought he was over-rated when he performed with the Jackson 5, and m opinion never changed. What is really bothering me s that far too many people are glossing over his perversion to concentrate on his music. I say you can't separate the two - his pedophilia was as much a part of his as his singing and dancing.
I think you're missing the word alleged in that last sentence. At least OJ was convicted in civil court; Jackson got a full acquittal when he was brought to trial.

Wagimawr

MJ's bank accounts were going to be padded if by nothing else than the Beatles catalog (guess we can blame Paul McCartney for that considering he allowed it to slip into Michael's hands)
Nope, still the MJ fans; they allowed him to have enough money to outbid the Lennon/McCartney estate combination: $47.5 million, making it TWICE that they lost a bidding war for control of their own music.

I do agree about mourning the child MJ. Maybe if he'd been treated better by his own father he would have been stronger mentally and not become the freak that we all came to know publicly.
The sad truth about Michael Jackson; doesn't excuse anything he did later in life, but makes it equally saddening.

NoWayOut

On Friday, my department at work had debating emails about the deaths..they were sort of joking about who's more news worthy. After the 12th email I sent a reply all that it was the 2nd anniversary of my father's death, so both Michael and Farrah were irrelevant to me on that day. Needless to say, the emails stopped.
Good call. I'm sorry for your loss.

Mack27

AΔΦΆΓΙΑ

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
This!!! I am not convinced that he molested anyone at all, yes, he made some bad choices but I do not believe for one second that Michael Jackson was a child molester. He loved children and I don't think he had it in him to harm them. He was very child-like himself and just liked to be around them. Those families were just after his money and knew exactly what to do and say to make sure they got it. I know he was a very strange man but strangeness does not equal child molester. We may never know what really happened. I hope he finds some peace now....

The main two that he was charged on I personally do not believe. The investigations into their stories/lives/families show that these were basically extortion attempts and they worked, especially the Chandler case.

If he actually molested anyone, especially after the first accusation, then I blame the parents for offering up their children in the name of fame and money.

Hole

I had no reason to post in here continuously because another thread existed. I'm slightly irritated that it's closed, so I'm going to post here to balance things out.:)

This is a video of Joe Jackson at the BET awards. Kinda shows you why Michael was messed up.I know some people put on a tough act even in the worst situations but to go out of your way to interrupt the reporter while he's asking about the family to promote your company baffles me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgli9UYUT8M

DeniseW

Fat don't crack!!
awwww, poor Joe, he can barely hold back the tears....what a giant ASS!!!

I had no reason to post in here continuously because another thread existed. I'm slightly irritated that it's closed, so I'm going to post here to balance things out.:)

This is a video of Joe Jackson at the BET awards. Kinda shows you why Michael was messed up.I know some people put on a tough act even in the worst situations but to go out of your way to interrupt the reporter while he's asking about the family to promote your company baffles me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgli9UYUT8M

Isa

In search of....
Nope, still the MJ fans; they allowed him to have enough money to outbid the Lennon/McCartney estate combination: $47.5 million, making it TWICE that they lost a bidding war for control of their own music.
From what I've read, when the catalog came up for auction (prior to any of the MJ molestation accusations I might add) Paul and Yoko refused to bond together and pony up the money to purchase it. Anyone with their individual or combined financial abilities could have come up with $47.5 or even $100 million to outbid anyone for it. According to the story you linked, Lennon/McCartney have always received 50% of the publishing from the catalog which is better than the public perception that they are receiving nothing.

Wild Zero

ǝןʇıʇ ɹǝsn
On the Sudden Passing of Michael Jackson.
Raymond Q. Smuckles
President, Prime Time Records

It’s bad. It’s bad around here. It’s like today was fake. Even the sunlight seems staged. I wish they’d take it away.

When I got the Celebrity Death Beep on my Blackberry, I blew it off as a dumb rumor. That service is good, but I can see it makin’ mistakes. A false headline at, like, The Onion coulda’ triggered it. Michael had an eye on his health constantly. You know that about him. We all know the lengths he went to for health. Dude slept in a hyperbaric chamber. I like my health, but I ain’t gonna go that far, you know? Michael’s health was, to him, a special, magical thing. Something worth machines.

What I think a lotta folks are feelin’ now is a regret. Not regret that a man died; no. They regret that for almost three decades they been mockin’ this guy. This guy who wrote Thriller, and PYT, and Billie Jean. You know who you are, you Michael deniers, listenin’ to your The Cure or Aerosmith. You always considered Michael’s music silly. Not serious. Lame, mainstream. “Popular.” And his life — everyone gets a kick outta’ watchin’ the mighty fall. It sells paper. It makes us feel falsely superior, from our low places. Yet now, now that he’ll never sing another note, you listen to those songs anew —ABC, I Want You Back, Beat It — and you know who he was. Michael had more talent in his little finger than any act today has among four men. Try wakin’ up tomorrow and writin’ We Are The World. See what you come up with. See if you can get Stevie and Tina to come down to the studio, along with Bruce and Billy and twenty other people who cost a whole hell of a lotta money at the time.

Michael was our music. The next time you’re out alone in your car, and Smooth Criminal comes on, it’s gonna mean somethin’ different to you. You’re not gonna change it this time. You’re gonna hear it and think to yourself, “I missed knowin’ his music in the moment.” I don’t blame The Cure. That was your call. The Cure is just out there, like car horns or people who make noise when they cry. The Cure is a choice. When we hear Michael, it is not a choice to feel the beat. It is not a choice to cock your head and straighten all the fingers on your right hand.

His story went out like a light today, and now all we have is his music. He can’t make any more mistakes.* We can’t say anything bad about him anymore.**

R.I.P., Michael. You moved more wax than anybody, player.***

-=Ray Smuckles=-
Achewood Estates, CA
June 25, 2009

* Unless there is something weird in his will.
** I wish this were true.
*** Except: The Beatles (they had a huge head start), Elvis (even bigger head start), and Bing Crosby (40-year head start, and declining super-fast).
dang ray that was hell of moving

Les Toil

Hey, if they can mAke major motion pictures about johnny cAsh, one of the dullest, emotionless, monotone-singing hillbillies on the planet, we can deal with non-stop coverage of a guy who's been the greatest entertainer in the world since he was 12.

Les Toil

Yeah, Ava and I just discovered that Joe Jackson interview and we both agreed it was one of the most dispicable things we'd ever seen. He was practically jumping for joy to promote his new record label in the wake of his son's death. Biggest scum on the planet.

Hole

Hey, if they can mAke major motion pictures about johnny cAsh, one of the dullest, emotionless, monotone-singing hillbillies on the planet, we can deal with non-stop coverage of a guy who's been the greatest entertainer in the world since he was 12.
That made me smile.

And yes,Joe Jackson disturbed me but Janet's statement was touching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3qrTOX0nxY&eurl=http://www.mjjboard.com/showthread.php?t=7942&page=2&feature=player_embedded

Funny thing is, some of you are sick of hearing about the media coverage yet here we are talking about him one way or another.

Shosh

Susannah
I guess if there is one thing I can concede about all this, is the sad tragedy of the damaged child that was Michael Jackson.
From what I understand about Joe Jackson, he was violent and abusive towards his children.
His children, in particular Michael, were his meal ticket.

Vermin is a word that comes to mind when describing Joe Jackson.

Katherine Jackson seems a kind and dignified woman.

shazz2602

doing that think you do
Ok, this may make me seem like a cold hearted bitch, but I am so tired of hearing about Michael Jackson. I turn on the news because I want to see news, you know, about things going on in the world and ALL of the channels here local and national are ONLY about MJ.

Other people have died today. Wars are still going on. Crime did not stop happening. Politicians did not stop lying. MP's did not stop stealing money.

I understand the need to pay tribute to those who have made a difference, but come on! Is one human life worth more than the next??? I understand he made a difference in a lot of lives, but what about people in the red cross in foreign countries who die? We never hear about them and they are doing good for people....real good.

Grrr. I've probably pissed everyone off, but I really hate this obsession people have with celebrities. They are just people. People are born, people die.

PS-RIP MJ, this is nothing personal, you were human like the rest of us.
Thankgod someone else thinks like i do! I just cant understand it, friends of mine say they are upset or cant come to terms with it, i'm like for god sake you didnt know him!

FaxMachine1234

you know it
Thankgod someone else thinks like i do! I just cant understand it, friends of mine say they are upset or cant come to terms with it, i'm like for god sake you didnt know him!
He and his music meant something to a lot of people, that's why they're upset. You don't have know somebody personally for their passing to be significant to you.

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
i don't think it makes you a cold-hearted bitch, but it's naive to assume the best-selling musician of all time, i.e. the one shared by the most people in the entire world, i.e. arguably the most famous living person, wouldn't be mourned good and long for his contributions to enriching their lives.

and that's being as objective and kind as i can be considering the "black or white" video was my first musical memory (you cold-hearted bitch).

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
oh ok you guys les prefers music with

Group builder