Tired of hearing about MJ

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
WHAT!???

The parents are not blameless, but they are also not THE people to blame. You have this one a little backwards. No, you have it a lot backwards. It's a lot like saying if you get raped whilst wearing a short skirt it is your fault.
actually, she's dead-on correct. this isn't a man trolling the streets and scooping up kids into his unmarked van. he would be incapable of that. this is a grown man, a grown, alienated, eccentric pop star whose mansion reprehensible, starstruck parents brought their children to to "stay with" knowingly for days or weeks on end. you'd leave your children with a strange man because he's a millionaire and you've heard of him? these parents enabled him and looked the other way until a couple realized they could take it to an even bigger bank. i'm not at all saying they deserved what they got, but i will say that if you think the kids who spoke up were the only ones touched inappropriately, you've got a lot to learn about money and reprehensible, starstruck parents.

and this said, for all the tabloids, rumors and jokes, he remained unconvicted, so evidence was not as obvious as as the court of public opinion took for granted. me? i think he probably touched some kids inappropriately. i doubt he necessarily raped them, but inappropriate touching was likely. jackson was likely damaged far more psychologically by the widespread allegations than any of the plaintiffs were physically.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
If it had been anybody else, none of you would be flat out stating that there is " no way " he would hurt children. You would at least...pause. But, no, Michael Jackson was talented. It is normal to not want to believe when someone we like is accused of such heinous things...but to dismiss it so easily, that is what allows all kinds of evil to flourish. To not even pause? Scary.

Someone who does not have healthy, sexual relationships with adults...someone who was so very much abused when he was a kid, including things he experienced when on the road at such an early age...drug and alcohol abuser, which of course never gives courage to dark thoughts, noooooooo...has children, not related to him, sleeping in his bed...focuses on being charitable to children ( lots of child molesters do lots of good, and they are obsessed with being surrounded by kids....they...love...them )...can be ultra secretive when at home, surrounded by people who keep their mouths shut...has a keen eye for children who are troubled and come from not the best homes. Many molesters ( and people who commit all kinds of crimes against other human beings ) have convinced themselves that they are not harming the child(ren).

ANY other adult like this would not be viewed with glasses tinted like the roses in a tired Martha Stewart wedding bouquet. There would, at the very least, be a raised eyebrow. His musical talent was monumental. His ' personal life ' was not personal...not when you have, at the very least, more than questionable interaction with...children. Think of Jackson like you would the guy down the street, who works with kids,raises money, or creates, charities for kids....is like a child, himself (vsdjvsdbjvsdbvobsj! ). I wanted to throw something at my television when I saw celebwhore Deepak Chopra being interviewed. He was talking about how Jackson loved playing with his ( Chopra's ) kids, as well as his own. He regurgitated the crap about Jackson being like a child, and when asked if he had ever witnessed anything unseemly ( because if we have never learned anything else, we know that sexual abusers abuse EVERY child them come into contact with, especially children of friends, and extra especially kids of famous people, whose homes might also be rather...stable * eyeroll * )...Deephack was all, " oh...nonononono ".

It's one thing to have really thought about it, and struggle with how you view this man, needing to give a huge nod to his musical talent. I just find it scary...chilling...how so many ( and not just with Jackson ) so easily say, " oh, they could never do that ".

It's too bad that Jackson was ever a star. It is unfortunate that he could not have, at an early age, escaped...and received real help. He might have had a normal life, and, because of his wanting better for other looked over kids ( and I do believe part of him truly wanted this...abusers, like most people, are usually not 100% evil...there are parts of them that cry out for others ), he might have had a shot at taking that part of him that was trying to claw out from under the demands of fame, including his fans who wanted more, always more, and he could perhaps now be sitting as chair of a worldwide charity for children, or getting weary as a social worker, who still writes and performs music, but on his own terms. I think his fate was sealed, and the fates of those kids I absolutely believe he abused.

Maybe it is best that he moved on. For those who think I am saying I am glad he is dead, stick your fingers back in your ears...cover those eyes...don't remove the duct tape from your mouth.

exile in thighville

groups/347570880589/
yeah it's totally too bad a couple kids got jerked off (and paid for it) and the rest of the world got to dance for a while

Mathias

SAMCRO
Who stayed married to and living with a man who mentally and physically abused her children.

She's just as bad as Joe in my opinion.
At least she has temporary custody of his children though. Better she has them then that scumbag.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
At least she has temporary custody of his children though. Better she has them then that scumbag.
Are his parents not together anymore?

I just don't think she's any better choice than Joe. While she herself didn't beat or berate the kids she allowed it to happen. She didn't have the guts to walk away and keep her own children from being abused, who's to say she'll be any better of a parent to her grandchildren.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Are his parents not together anymore?

I just don't think she's any better choice than Joe. While she herself didn't beat or berate the kids she allowed it to happen. She didn't have the guts to walk away and keep her own children from being abused, who's to say she'll be any better of a parent to her grandchildren.

If she had the guts to say that Joe Jackson would have only supervised visitation ( if she even gets custody ), and that he would have zero say over any of the ABC's of raising them, including anything to do with the financial part of things, then maybe...maybe...it would say that she is sorry that she was did not/was not able to protect her kids. There is then the issue of the age of those two.

Katherine Jackson reaped the benefits of her famously mistreated children. Kate, do the right thing now, or shut the hell up and let somebody flip a coin to see what anonymous family ( stable and loving ) will get to raise those children.

Shosh

Susannah
Who stayed married to and living with a man who mentally and physically abused her children.

She's just as bad as Joe in my opinion.
Katherine was also a victim to Joe's philandering and abusive ways. She probably felt under duress and fearful of him. She probably also wanted to keep her family together.

I am not saying that staying in that situation is the right thing to do, but there may be a lot at play there that we are not privy to despite the public nature of this family.

My father allowed my step mother to violently abuse myself and my siblings when we were children, but for whatever reason I cannot stop loving my father.
It is complicated.

fatgirlflyin

needs a vacation
Katherine was also a victim to Joe's philandering and abusive ways. She probably felt under duress and fearful of him. She probably also wanted to keep her family together.

I am not saying that staying in that situation is the right thing to do, but there may be a lot at play there that we are not privy to despite the public nature of this family.

My father allowed my step mother to violently abuse myself and my siblings when we were children, but for whatever reason I cannot stop loving my father.
It is complicated.
I'm sure it is complicated and I'm sure you love your father.

However, its every parents responsibility to make sure their children are raised in stable, loving homes, homes where the kids learn how to be adults that can function normally out in the world when they leave the house. She (Mrs. Jackson) didn't do that, she stayed in a relationship where her children were mentally abused and beaten. Whatever her reasons, they certainly didn't help her kids in the long run.

Chef

Galloping Gourmet
I'm guessing here that Weird Al isn't going to write "The Day the Moonwalk died.."

Tanuki

Bear. Rawr~!
Is it just me that thinks his fans and well, worshipers, would still be defending him, his music and giving him just as much respect and love if he WAS convicted...?

Just a thought... there would still be people crying in the streets, still memorials being made and still shrines being made and not just by the most utterly devoted either, I do not believe these people would turn there back on him.

Hole

Is it just me that thinks his fans and well, worshipers, would still be defending him, his music and giving him just as much respect and love if he WAS convicted...?

Just a thought... there would still be people crying in the streets, still memorials being made and still shrines being made and not just by the most utterly devoted either, I do not believe these people would turn there back on him.
I'm a fan. I do not worship him.

If there was substantial proof he committed those crimes, I would have lost a lot of respect for him as a person. I would be disgusted of course. Though I would not deny his talent. Genius is genius.I would miss the Michael Jackson I once believed in.

mergirl

See, you could actually just pretend he didn't die. He hadn't made any music in ages anyway. To answer the op..I love shocking news! On the night he died.. he wasn't even cold and i had already recieved about 20 MJ-Child Molester dead jokes by txt! ..Sitting up late, watching the news, laughing at how much of a cock Uri geller is...etc. I think the media should kill more famous people cause it makes for great viewing!!
I watched a Documentary which followed reporters after the MJ trial. Before this Docu i was in two minds whether MJ was a pedo but after watching this i felt pretty certain that he was. They interviewed a lot of people who said the same thing. That him and and some kid had a room in a hotel they called the 'Honeymoon sweet'. Gak! Also that MJ stayed over in a kids house and gave him mum a credit card to basically fuck off.
When people try to defend him by saying "But he was a child himself so that was ok" ..See, he WASN'T a child..though, was he?? He was a grown man. He wasn't stupid. I feel a lot of people protected someone who they knew or at LEAST suspected was a pedo. Its sad what people will do for a price.
Also, for the past 5 days i have had an MJ megamix in my head..which is starting to anoy me!

FaxMachine1234

you know it
If it had been anybody else, none of you would be flat out stating that there is " no way " he would hurt children. You would at least...pause. But, no, Michael Jackson was talented. It is normal to not want to believe when someone we like is accused of such heinous things...but to dismiss it so easily, that is what allows all kinds of evil to flourish. To not even pause? Scary.
Again, I think the courts paused enough to try him. He wasn't convicted. It's fine to have doubts about the verdict, but please don't try to malign the side that agreed with the verdict (or insinuate that the only people that think he didn't do it were his die-hard fans, or vice-versa). Jackson was a messed-up dude by the end, and executed poor judgement while he was alive, but he wasn't a criminal. However, there's no law that says everybody has to eulogize him, either, because he alienated plenty of people during his life through his own actions.

mergirl

I had an idea of pairing up pedophiles with midgets.. what does everyone think?
See, some small people might not be attracted to other small people and then pedophiles get to fuck little people legally! Personally, i think its a win/win situation.

mergirl

yeah, its kinna like a beastial dressing up like a cow or something..hmm actually..i think that makes it worse!! I need to go drill an image out of my brain now...

Group builder