Quantcast

"Ton of Love" on TLC Tonight 11/17

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

ThatFatGirl

Why am I still here?
Airing tonight at 10 p.m. eastern "Ton of Love"

I haven't seen any ads for this show, but saw it listed in the tv guide and looked it up. The show follows three morbidly obese couples as they discuss how their weight affects their daily lives.

From film.com:

Pamela Sitt, Nov 09, 2010

Wonder what Marie Claire would have to say about this?

TLC has picked up a new reality show pilot, Ton of Love, about a Tennessee couple who weighs a combined 1,000 pounds.

The series will follow the daily lives of Freddie and Katrina Combs, whose weight factor into everyday activities such as using the restroom. Freddie, described in a TLC press release as "loud, flamboyant, opinionated and bossy," requires Katrina to help bathe and dress him and needs an extra-large wheelchair to get around.

It's the latest TV show to feature overweight characters in starring roles, following CBS' Mike and Molly, Style's Ruby and Bravo's Thintervention.

A one-hour preview special will air Nov. 17.

Mathias

SAMCRO
I get that he needs help because of his size, but he comes off as a jerk the way he orders his wife around like that.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
This guy seems like a royal douchebag.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
I watched it and I will say that I appreciate how the show ended. Douchebag or not, showing the man in his element was good footage. He sang well, played piano well, and had I been surfing and passing by at that clip, I would have thought it was not a show about weight/fatness, which is remarkable coming from TLC.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
Might stay up late tonight and watch the show. Can't say I will give one damn about the guy in the clip, no matter what. Here's hoping the golly gee smile vanished from his wife's face...and she leaves him bellowing and needing help. He needs to experience Harpy Bootcamp. The other couples have to be less yuck...please.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
Size completely aside, if my husband, sitting down, bellowed at me, "Chop chop! C'mon!" more than once or twice he'd be shopping for a new wife.

Luv2BNaughty

\m/o.O\m/
"I am very old school. I like to have women wait on me."

Heh, screw that! It's one thing to do it for you man because you want to..but to expect it and to his extreme..wrong answer, and wrong century!!

Shosh

Susannah
The guy is an asshole.:rolleyes:

" Chop, chop woman?" I don't think so jerk.

LovelyLiz

Having only seen the trailer I think a couple things:

1) Being stuck at home all the time SUCKS, and while I don't love that guy's attitude, I also feel like the feeling of powerlessness (not being able to do many things for yourself) is really difficult, and very few people cope with it well.

2) If the lady doesn't like the treatment, she should speak up for herself.

Tau

IXAMXDECADENCE
That man is abusive. The wife absolutely needs to leave - how she laughs about it is amazing to me cos I'd have smacked into next week.

mossystate

This guy saying that he is old school...that's not just about being cooped up and pretty much helpless. If he had ' just ' lashed out because of feeling abandoned his whole life ( something his wife was saying ), I would understand better, while still wanting to yell back and tell him to knock it the hell off or he might find himself alone, once again.

His wife should be given as much understanding, as she might feel as powerless for her own reasons. I did see the smile leave her when she was simply too bone tired to continue with a project. That got the traditional good old verbally abusive boy remembering that she is a human being, who does every damned thing for him. For his own sake, he should stop pushing her.

Will be interesting to see what happens with the couple who want a kid.

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
You know, he is pretty honest about who he is and what he wants, and he has a woman who is willing to do it-- so instead of passing judgment on the relationship, maybe be glad you aren't in one like that? I found him annoying at first, too, but I really can't knock the guy because he is very up front about who he is and what he wants.

mossystate

You know, he is pretty honest about who he is and what he wants, and he has a woman who is willing to do it-- so instead of passing judgment on the relationship, maybe be glad you aren't in one like that? I found him annoying at first, too, but I really can't knock the guy because he is very up front about who he is and what he wants.
That works for you...great. Lots of people are " pretty honest " about who they are, and it's still pretty human to get upset over such things, yes, even when the asshole has what seems to be a willing participant. There are a million similar scenarios, covering abusive people of all stripes...and while at the end of the day, nobody is going to be able to ' save ' anybody else... just being thankful I am not in one of those situations...that isn't going to work for me. Now, I do have a feeling it wouldn't take much for the wife to lay down a few laws.

Perhaps the good people at his church will see the show and have a long talk with him...but then that would perhaps be considered meddling.

LovelyLiz

That works for you...great. Lots of people are " pretty honest " about who they are, and it's still pretty human to get upset over such things, yes, even when the asshole has what seems to be a willing participant. There are a million similar scenarios, covering abusive people of all stripes...and while at the end of the day, nobody is going to be able to ' save ' anybody else... just being thankful I am not in one of those situations...that isn't going to work for me. Now, I do have a feeling it wouldn't take much for the wife to lay down a few laws.

Perhaps the good people at his church will see the show and have a long talk with him...but then that would perhaps be considered meddling.
Church people have no problem meddling. :)

Latest posts