Quantcast

"Ton of Love" on TLC Tonight 11/17

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Tooz

sweet chocolate christ
My point was that I don't think we have the right to judge them as a couple.

Big Beautiful Dreamer

ridiculously contented
You know, for my money describing your outlook as "old school" does not excuse it. Any more than older men excusing themselves by explaining that in their day, it was considered acceptable and even complimentary to call a woman "toots," eye her legs, and pinch her bottom.

I understand and sympathize with his feelings of helplessness. As much as I think the phrase is completely schlocky, a little attitude of gratitude might change the balance of their spousal relationship. Dude, how about, "Yes, it stinks to feel helpless and abandoned. I'm so grateful that you are part of my life and you provide so much help and care for me." I think that would prove an emotional improvement over "Chop chop" for both husband and wife.

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
My point is it is natural to not like abuse. But then, I have never been a fan of the almost throwaway mantra of ' don't judge '. This couple will continue to live their life exactly how they want/are accustomed to live it.

Mathias

SAMCRO
By the end, he did notice that he asks alot of his wife and apologized. Yeah he's an ass but at least he realized it. It seemed to abruptly end though. Did the couple ever find out if they could have kids?

mossystate

flicks a booger on conrad
He ' noticed ' after his wife lost the smile and looked pretty much defeated. That kind of apology usually doesn't have legs. Unless this guy truly internalizes what he does and, with certainty, knows why ( remember, he says he is old school when it comes to wives ) this is going to keep happening, and apologies are the cheapest bandage...just enough to perk her up until the next round. She said it is not always easy to love him...that tells me this dance is not new. Add having to take care of most of his needs...yikes.

The woman who wants to get pregnant...I hope she doesn't do anything she will regret. She seemed so afraid that her husband will leave her if she can't give birth...even though he said he wouldn't. Lots of stress there.

Shosh

Susannah
Chop Chop? I would give him a chop to the head.

Not passing judgement on her, just passing heaps of judgement on his arrogant ass.

LovelyLiz

Chop Chop? I would give him a chop to the head.

Not passing judgement on her, just passing heaps of judgement on his arrogant ass.
Why doesn't she also bear part of the responsibility for being so passive? I'm not saying I don't sympathize with the frustrating, demanding guy she has to live with...but she has a role in the situation too.

Mathias

SAMCRO
Why doesn't she also bear part of the responsibility for being so passive? I'm not saying I don't sympathize with the frustrating, demanding guy she has to live with...but she has a role in the situation too.
I was surprised his mother didn't say much about it either other than "Oh, just tune him out." :rolleyes:

LovelyLiz

Oops, that's unclear. I meant that I DO sympathize with her for living with that demanding husband.

Paquito

don't July to me
If they're happy with the arrangement, then fine. He's still a tool.

bmann0413

PLAYER ONE READY! START!
At first glance, I thought that dude WAS the wife. But anyways, I don't know about this guy. Sure, he's entitled to what he wants and everything, but doesn't he think that maybe he should give her a break sometimes? Yeah, he can't really do much for himself, but you would think he would be grateful for everything he does, instead of ordering her around like a lapdog. I was always taught NEVER to order a woman around, saying "Chop chop." By both my parents, and my dad is pretty old school himself.

Latest posts