• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Toxic Work Environment

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LinathSuru

Dreamer
I've mentioned before in my youtube videos that I'm working in a very conservative office, but my office is a lot of other things too. We have six employees. Of the six I'm the newest one brought on as of almost three years ago (May makes three years).

One of my coworkers is mildly racist. Another is much more outspokenly racist. (I don't think either of these people consider themselves such, but if you listen to them, you know). All of them are extreme Republicans who blast Rush Limbaugh on the radio through my entire workday.

I'm the only woman in the office. The youngest in the office. The newest in the office. The heaviest in the office.

The last is the other part of why this atmosphere is toxic. It's bad enough to listen to them talking about 'blacks' or 'frogs' in the way they do, but we work closely with health records....

One of my coworkers in particular.. And I'm right next to his office.. And regularly hear him saying, "She weighs xxx lbs. And she wonders why she's injured!"

Just today, literally, I overheard him telling another coworker, "You know that [client's] employee who had Gastric Bypass? She still weighs over 300 lbs. And she wonders why she's having headaches! I just don't understand people like her."

It just grates, and grates, and grates. I could go to my boss (president of the company), but how would he manage this situation? Surely in such a small office where all the guys are on one page and in agreement they'd have to know who complained about their comments.

But really, I get up every day and come to my office and do my work, but this wears on me. Someday I just know I'm going to confront him about it. "Really, what do you think of me? Do you say that when I'm out with a migraine? Would you say it's my own fault if I broke my ankle?"

It's always there under the surface. I just can't afford it right now. I support myself and my husband and to a smaller degree my own parents. The economy has been hard on us all...

How much longer can I tolerate this toxic atmosphere before doing something? I don't know...

Here's a question for some of you other folks though, when the time does come to do something about it.. What would you do? Confront him directly or speak to your boss? Some other avenue I'm overlooking perhaps?

What I'm trying to do now is find a new job so that when I finally do confront him my loved ones don't hurt for my lost income.

Latest posts

Back