• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Tracey’s Xmas Story - by Samster (~BBW, (Multiple), Imagery, Socializing, ~SWG)

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Observer

Editor/Writer/Commentator
~BBW, (Multiple), Imagery, Socializing, ~SWG – Tracey and her extended family celebrate the season

Tracey’s Xmas Story
By Samster

Chapter 1

Mid December and a thick, freezing fog was covering South Yorkshire county. Lost and no longer visible in the haze was county’s usual natural beauty; the disused mine shafts, the Park Hill flats of Sheffield or the water towers that ringed Doncaster were lost in the haze. But that didn’t stop the county’s hardy inhabitants from going about their normal, Saturday afternoon business.

Atop the roof of 39 Copley Crescent , deep in the “new build” sprawl of Woodfield Plantation, two men were grappling with a giant Santa, accompanied by his reindeer and sleigh. The giant Christmas decoration covered the length of the five bedroom property and, when installed, would glow in an array of seasonal colours.

“Whose idea was it to fit this bloody stupid thing?” grunted Keith, the older of the two men.

“Tracey’s of course,” responded Steve Harrison. “Now stop being a miserable old git and help get it finished.”

Keith responded to the reply with a few mumbled expletives but got back to work. His fingers were numb and his teeth chattering. But at that point in his life he owed his younger brother and sister in law a favour or two. So he’d agreed to erect a giant Santa on the roof of their house on a freezing December morning. He considered the glitzy tat the ultimate in bad taste but he kept that opinion quiet.

Ten more minutes and a satisfied Steve proclaimed “there, I think we’re about done.”

“Can we get off this chuffin’ roof then?”

“Let’s just make sure it works first.”

Stepping carefully across the roof he headed to the power supply. Part of him was amazed that he was happily spending his Saturday on the roof installing a giant, neon Santa. Unlike his brother he was happily married and his wife and kids had forcefully wanted the giant decoration, so he’d gotten to work. Making them happy seemed to take up most of his spare time, but in his heart he enjoyed it.

Pressing the power switch the Santa burst into life. Red, white, yellow and blue lights blasted out brightly sending rays of neon across the fog. Satisfied, Steve shouted “It works!!!”

“You better hope a plane doesn’t land on it.”

For a few minutes the two men stood in awe. Up close it was an amazing structure. Tacky or not it was certainly bright and noticeable. Just what Mrs Steve Harrison would like.

---------------

Mrs Harrison, at that moment, was doing exactly what half the town of Doncaster seemed to be doing; shopping at the Lakeside outlets. With the credit crunch in full force Tracey was amazed by the bargains on offer. Even before Christmas stores were offering 25% discount on all her favourite brands. It was just a shame she didn’t have any confidence to flex the various credit cards that made up her purse.

“Wow!!! All this is soooo cheap.”

“It’s the credit crunch” returned her friend Nicola.

“Ummm…”

Biting her lip Tracey moved on and resisted the urge to splurge. It was the first time the thirty six year old had encountered the word recession. Three months back she’d also encountered the word redundancy. She’d so far scraped by with her job but as HR Manager she’d agonizingly administered the redundancy of 20% of SFT Ltd’s five hundred strong workforce.

“You doing anything interesting for Christmas?” queried Tracey as they browsed the aisles.

“Nope, just family stuff this year. Are you going to Becky’s party?”

“Yeah”

Looking through the store Tracey finally decided to treat herself on a discounted D&G top and headed for the till, conscious of the ten grand she and Steve had loaned to Steve’s hard luck brother Keith. Nicola knew why Tracey was holding back.

“Thinking about what you loaned out?”

“A little”

“I wish we had ten grand to loan.”

“We’ll never get it back”

Nicola frowned. .“So then why loan it?”

“He’s quite sweet, and he’s agreed to put up that giant Santa we saw at The Range”

“You’ve got more money than sense,” sighed Nicola.

“It’s the best way,” replied Tracey.

Thirty minutes later, sitting in the black leather seats of her Range Rover Sport with the boot full of shopping, Tracey joined the throng trying to leave the Lakeside shopping centre. Gridlocked traffic was at a standstill. Looking around Tracey decided to pass her time by working out who had the most expensive car around her. Satisfied she noted she won that contest. That was until a guy in a Porsche pulled in front.

“Show off,” she thought, masking her own vanity in vehicular choice.

Eventually the traffic began moving and she headed across town and pulled up outside the house of her husband’s ex-wife. Although not her favourite task, she was about to collect the two children from Steve’s first marriage for the weekend. Pressing the doorbell she stood and waited.

“Hi Sarah!” chirped Tracey, flashing her patented crystal white smile.

“You’re early,” snapped Sarah.

“Ummm…only a bit.”

For a brief moment the two women glared at each other. They hated each other.

“I’ll go fetch them for you.”

“Thanks.”

Tracey was about to step forward into the warmth of the house when the door slammed in her face. Sighing she glanced down at her Cartier wristwatch; she noted that she was indeed ten minutes early; Sarah was always a tad tardy. . Debating whether or not to retreat to the comfort of her car Tracey put her hands in her coat pockets and decided to wait it out. Freezing as it was she always tried her best with Steve’s kids.

A full ten minutes later the door opened. Two small children headed out followed by their mother.

“I want them back here at four o’clock sharp on Sunday.”

Brushing a strand of blonde hair over her shoulder Tracey snapped.

“It’s rude to make me wait outside in the cold.”

“If you’d got here on time you wouldn’t have had to wait.”

Glancing over her shoulder Tracey checked to be sure the two kids were out of earshot. Satisfied they were she replied “I only wanted the best for the children so I got here early to show them some love.”

Sarah resisted the urge to punch her ex-husband’s blonde dolly bird wife on the nose. Quite how her ex-husband had fallen for this over-the-top blonde, air headed bimbo Sarah could never understand. She had never seen and taken responsibility for her part in what had happened with her and her ex.

“If you really wanted the best for my children you wouldn’t have opened your legs to my husband.”

“You mean your ex-husband.”

“Screw you Tracey!”

For the second time the door slammed in her face. Twirling back on her heels Tracey headed over for the Range Rover. Knowing that she was regarded as having stolen Steve despite the fact that he and Sarah were already living apart Tracey had to accept she was never likely to be on Sarah’s friends and family list. In reality she had never seduced Steve. She was crashing from her own failed relationship and Steve had helped her up despite his own crumbled marriage. The sex and romance had come later. But Sarah had never accepted this.

After picking Steve’s two children up Tracey collected her own two from her parents and headed on home. Her arrival back on Copley Crescent coincided with Steve and Keith clambering down the ladder. Jumping down from the 4x4 the kids chattered excitedly at the huge neon Santa. Tracey followed on.

“What do you reckon?” beamed a proud Steve.

Smiling wickedly Tracey turned up her nose. “It’s nice, but you know the one on number twenty’s bigger?”

“What?”

Behind him Keith protested. “I freezed my bloody fingers off on that…”

“I just think it could be bigger,” pouted Tracey.

Exchanging glances the two men fought for a good response. Both were proud of the Santa decoration.

“Trace, we froze our asses off up there so you could be just a bit grateful…”

Silence followed as husband and wife looked up at the roof. Steve wondered just what he’d done wrong and Tracey frowned and looked anything but pleased. Eventually Steve broke under the pressure.

“What do you want me to do? Take it back and get a bigger one?”

“I’m not putting another up!” shouted Keith.

Tracey’s frown turned into a smile. “Hah!! Suckers!! He looks awesome!!”

“Bitch.”

Planting a kiss on her brother in law’s freezing cold cheek, Tracey laughed. “Aw you’re freezing.”

“That’s cos I’ve been on the bloody roof.”

“Come in and get warm.”

So the Harrison family trooped inside. Up on the roof Santa stood guard. 10,000 feet above, approaching Doncaster-Sheffield Airport the captain of a descending 737 chuckled.

“Can you see that horrible thing?”
“It’s brighter than the airport lights,” returned the co-pilot.

“You’ve gotta wonder with some people.”

Latest posts

Back