Trouble getting into booths in restaurants

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
I’m sorry if anyone makes u feel that way. Not ok
I can brush it off most days. :)
But if I'm having a bad day for whatever reason, that type of teasing can sting coming from the wrong person.

Shotha

DM Supporter
Hamster-type bubble, or Boy in the Plastic Bubble (1976)-type bubble?

Either way, I foresee difficulties for some of us, in being able to squeeze through the opening to a bubble. 😄

Bubble.

Now it sounds funny.
Bubble.
Our government told us to live in our bubbles for lockdown. Our bubble is the little group, usually a family, that we usually associate with. So, we could visit granny to look after her, even though she lived separately. We are only supposed to mix with people in our bubble.

As the bubble restaurant would be a new concept in social dining, we could apply pressure right from the start for bubbles to be available in a range of sizes from S to 8XL and beyond. We could even have maternity bubbles and mother-and-baby bubbles. We would be able to chat with our fellow dinners via a video connection.

"Hello, is that Taco Bell? This is Palmerston North Sumo Club here. We need 6 bubbles for 8:00 pm on Friday, 3 6XL's, 1 7XL and 2 8XL's."

Barrett

OMG, Becky, look at his belly.
DM Supporter
Our government told us to live in our bubbles for lockdown. Our bubble is the little group, usually a family, that we usually associate with. So, we could visit granny to look after her, even though she lived separately. We are only supposed to mix with people in our bubble.

As the bubble restaurant would be a new concept in social dining, we could apply pressure right from the start for bubbles to be available in a range of sizes from S to 8XL and beyond. We could even have maternity bubbles and mother-and-baby bubbles. We would be able to chat with our fellow dinners via a video connection.

"Hello, is that Taco Bell? This is Palmerston North Sumo Club here. We need 6 bubbles for 8:00 pm on Friday, 3 6XL's, 1 7XL and 2 8XL's."
I see you've thought about this, thoroughly. 🤣

BigFA

All the time. Usually I can eye a booth and tell immediately if I am going to fit or not. I have become very open about telling the hostess with a smile "A table please. I am too fat for a booth". I usually get a nice smile in return. My favorite restaurants that I frequent often know my preference so the hostess or owner takes my friends and I to a comfortable table without even asking.

TimTim

You’re on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
I’m finding once I hit around 315 that there are far more booths I do not fit into than I do. The new issue for me is chairs with arms being either too small to fit into or too tight to get out of without getting stuck.

Latest posts