Truths-Answer a question/Ask a question.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

spiritangel

AmandaClause
A: 4 days. When we had that horrible ice storm a few years back, it knocked out entire town and a good part of NE Arkansas and SE Missouri. We ended up staying with our inlaws, who had had bought a generator.

Q: When's the last time you went to the movies...and what did you see?

umm March and a movie called Tamara Drew it was actually really good

Q: What movie should I see next?

SillyLady

I am random.
A: a good one ;)

Q: If American Pickers showed up at your place and asked to look at your stuff, what do you think they'd try to buy from you? :)

Never2fat4me

A: A beautiful antique music box I have (bought many years ago by my parents).

Q: In the same vein, if you needed to make some money fast, what would you take to Pawn Stars?

1love_emily

COLLEGE
A: A beautiful antique music box I have (bought many years ago by my parents).

Q: In the same vein, if you needed to make some money fast, what would you take to Pawn Stars?

A: Hmm, maybe some of the art we have in my house? If I was really desperate, then my trombone sadly.

Q: Where is your happy place?

spiritangel

AmandaClause
A: In my pants. lol No, I'd have to say in a laboratory...sad, I know.

Q: Paper or plastic?

We dont get that option but we do have the reusable fabric ones so I go with them unfortunately since breaking my leg I dont get a choice so its plastic at pressent

Q: Favourite childhood cartoon?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Q: Favourite childhood cartoon?

A: Probably Loony Tunes (Bugs Bunny and co.) Although, there just wasn't so many cartoons available at the time, so we pretty much watched them all when they were on.

Q: If you have a day where you are a little sick--enough that you don't want to go out or do anything very active, but not so much that you just lie there sleeping--what do you do to pass the time? Read, watch TV, play video games....

NewfieGal

Live laugh love always :)
A: I use face book to keep up with friends, check email, play games I love to read as long as it takes my mind off feeling ill...

Q: If they were to make a movie of your life what would the movie title be?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Q: If they were to make a movie of your life what would the movie title be?

A: "Born at the Right Time" and it would use the Paul Simon song of that name as its theme music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQgPqnHUkE (yah, I've been pretty insanely fortunate in life)

Q: Have you ever had an unexpectedly fantasitic meal? (where you were not expecting much, but it ended up being great and really sticking in your memory)

spiritangel

AmandaClause
A: "Born at the Right Time" and it would use the Paul Simon song of that name as its theme music http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIQgPqnHUkE (yah, I've been pretty insanely fortunate in life)

Q: Have you ever had an unexpectedly fantasitic meal? (where you were not expecting much, but it ended up being great and really sticking in your memory)

yes often when I have little left in the house and find a way to magically create something great from nothing

Q: What is the best reason you can think of to get up everyday?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Q: What's your most hated household chore? (dishes for me)

A: Ironning (Ironing? Neither spelling looks right to me....) Even the great joy from not having a pile of rumpled clothes staring at me is not enough to get me to attack it some days.

Q: Do you have any foods that you dis-liked as a kid, that you do like as an adult?

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
Eggplant, liver, pickled herring, pretzels, mustard.

Q: What food did you LOVE as a kid and dislike/hate now? (mine: milk and ice cream)

WVMountainrear

Poster formerly known as lovelylady78
Q: What food did you LOVE as a kid and dislike/hate now? (mine: milk and ice cream)

A: Peas. I still like sugar snap peas ok, but to just pour out a can of peas or thaw out a bag of frozen peas...yuck.

Q: If you were going to write a book, what would it be about and who would your target audience be?

rockhound225

Has Rocks on the Brain
A: It would be an anthology of fantasy short stories, targeted towards the geeky/nerdy/D&D lovers (like myself :D ), probably ages 18-35.

Q: When and where was the last time you just stopped, looked up at the night sky, and stood in sublime wonder?

Amatrix

Winkyface
A:Yesterday night, I saw a shooting star while having a smoke after work. It was nice. I am really lucky because on clear nights I can see millions of stars, and a few planets. I do this weekly, because... stars for the win!!!!:wubu:

Q: Do you ever complain to a manager if you receive poor customer service, or just let it go?

sweetfrancaise

A:Yesterday night, I saw a shooting star while having a smoke after work. It was nice. I am really lucky because on clear nights I can see millions of stars, and a few planets. I do this weekly, because... stars for the win!!!!:wubu:

Q: Do you ever complain to a manager if you receive poor customer service, or just let it go?

A: Since I work retail, and I know the difficulties of the job, I let it go. There's a lot of factors as to why I may be getting bad service: they're having a bad day, there's a lot of stress behind the scenes, etc. Not really excusing it, but I'm not going to make their day worse by complaining. If it's a consistent issue, I just won't go back to that store.

Q: What is your favorite place to shop? Is it because of the service or the selection? Is there anywhere you refuse to frequent?

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
Q: What is your favorite place to shop? Is it because of the service or the selection? Is there anywhere you refuse to frequent?

A: I refuse to frequent Wal-Mart anymore, because of the way they treat their employees. As one put it “Ford had the idea of paying his workers enough to buy his products. Wal-Mart doesn’t even pay you enough to shop at Wal-Mart!” Plus the couple of times stores up here voted to unionize, Wal-Mart promptly shut the stores down. I don’t need to save money so badly that I’ll support treating employees like that.

As for where I do like to shop, well most of my shopping is for groceries, and I really like our local butcher. For not very much more cost, they sell meat that is WAY better than at the grocery store, they are always cheerful and fun, and they are in walking distance. If it isn’t groceries, it is probably books, and there I love our local independent book store, and will usually order something there if they don’t have it in stock rather than get it right away at the big box book store. They are just friendly, helpful, have good coffee and cookies even if I don’t find a book, and again, in walking distance. (if you were thinking clothes…I’ve yet to find a place where I like to shop for those. Some are better than others, but none have reached the level where I actually like them).

Q: If you made ‘business cards’ for your non-work life, what title would give yourself?

starr416

Q: If you made ‘business cards’ for your non-work life, what title would give yourself?

A. You mean calling cards? I have about 5 different types of calling cards. And most of them say World Traveler. They all have different bits of information, some just a phone number, some just a name, some an email. I don't want to give everyone all my information.

Q: What is your most played song on your Ipod?

Heyyou

A: Its my MP3 player by Sony lol,
p158B1001GB-f_MT.jpeg

and at the present time its "Aberdeen" by Cage The Elephant. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq4CTgj88PY (Slose seconds are A Day To Remember - "All Signs Point To Lauderdale" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRD9arg7oxE&ob=av2e and Switchfoot - "Dark Horses" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiNmS-ix43M its very close between the three.)

Q: What do you enjoy doing immediately after you clock out from work for the day?

Latest posts