Truths-Answer a question/Ask a question.

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

FreeThinker

Q: If you had a choice between a traditional car, and a car drove itself but which had no controls for you to drive it (i.e. it could only drive itself), assuming that the cost was the same, which would you choose?

A: I'd DEFINITELY take one that I would drive. Technology isn't good enough to adapt to conditions. Even if it were, it would be like riding everywhere as a passenger with a driver that doesn't know anything.

Say you're driving along and you see a roadside stand selling fresh blueberries. By the time you relayed this info to a self-driving car, it would have to turn around. Or if you see a motorist stranded, or an injured person or animal, out of the way of traffic in a way that your self-driving car wouldn't need to avoid it. And what about toll booths and drive-throughs? You might want to stop a foot or so back or forward, or more to the left, of where the car 'thinks' you would, for an easier reach. No, thanks.

Q: When putting down cutlery at a restaurant with no placemats, where do you set it?

balletguy

A. Shower....I feel like you never get clean in a bath

Q. How are u feeling today