• Dimensions Magazine is a vibrant community of size acceptance enthusiasts. Our very active members use this community to swap stories, engage in chit-chat, trade photos, plan meetups, interact with models and engage in classifieds.

Access to Dimensions Magazine is subscription based. Subscriptions are only $29.99/year or $5.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched library of knowledge and friendship.

Click Here to Become a Subscribing Member and Access Dimensions Magazine in Full!

Turnaround Time

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LJ Rock

This is a question to all of the 'creators' who hang around here; all the writers, artists, musicians and other people creating content. I'm just wondering how long it generally takes you to finish a piece, whatever that may be. For example, to the short story writers: how long might you spend on a story, or a single chapter of a multi-chapter work, from first draft to final product? Or for artists, how long would you spend working on one drawing or painting?

I ask because I feel that, as I've gotten older, I feel like I am less willing to spend a lot of time on one particular project. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not, but I feel like if I am not able to express whatever it is I am attempting to get out within a 'reasonable' allotment of time, whatever my initial motivation was has faded away and I am just chasing something that isn't there anymore; I begin to feel as though my energies would be spent better elsewhere and I'd rather just move on to a new project. This generally seems to work for me, so long as I am able to actually finish something.

For poems, song lyrics, simple drawings, etc. this works out okay, but when trying to do something a little more substantial or long-form, it gets difficult to maintain the motivation. Like I would love to be able to put together a book of short stories accompanied by some illustrations, or even a short novel. Alas, I have not been able to do this yet.

And yes, I do have ADD. :eek:

Anyway, I would love to get some feedback from some of you on this topic. Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back