Quantcast

UK peeps, 28cm Le Creuset Casserole under £50!

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
I hope its okay to post this here, if not Mods please remove, and Im sorry!

I found this amazing bargain on Amazon today. These will NOT last long as they are already on a Bargains website. If you love Le Creuset, then this is great, at less than half price. Ive had my one for about ten yrs now, and wouldnt be without it. Its like new, and I use it to make soup, stews, casseroles and to roast meat and chicken. It has no dodgy teflon coating or scary aluminium to come off.

Anyway, under £50 , wahoo!

ps. This size holds 6.5 litres or a large chicken.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000RK57QK/ref=nosim/?tag=hotukdeals-21

ValentineBBW

seeking Vegas
Just posting to say how much I love Le Creuset! I have 4 or 5 pieces and they are just the best. Whatever you cook comes out great and cleanup is a breeze. You don't need non-stick pans if you have a Le Creuset.

Red

Awww man, I would so buy that if I had the cash. I love Le Creuset. I went to a friend of mines mum and dads house and their kitchen was just filled with the stuff, I had to fight the urge to just go and start cooking something! That is pretty cheap too. Last year I found a great little bargain in Sainsburys where they were selling little Le Creuset baking dishes (sort of small loaf tin size) filled up with different cheeses. They made great pressies and they were only a £10, I even bought one for myself, sadly though it's the only Le Creuset item I own, but its a start. I dream of a kitchen filled with Le Creuset and Cornish Wear *sigh*, just like my Nan had :happy:.

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
Just posting to say how much I love Le Creuset! I have 4 or 5 pieces and they are just the best. Whatever you cook comes out great and cleanup is a breeze. You don't need non-stick pans if you have a Le Creuset.
I absolutely agree, Valentine. I make my braised oxtail in mine, and when you see the state of the Casserole Dish (do you call it a Dutch oven?), you'd think it would never clean up. But it just takes a quick rub round with a scoury sponge and it's spotless again. What colour(s) do you have? Mine is dark blue, and my son bought me a little 18cm one for my Christmas, dark blue too. I have ordered this light blue one too, just because I couldn't pass up that opportunity!

The one thing I would say about Le Creuset cast iron, is don't put it in the dishwasher. It will survive okay, but the dishwasher fades the glossy paintwork on the outside, making it look really cloudy and dull.

Awww man, I would so buy that if I had the cash. I love Le Creuset. I went to a friend of mines mum and dads house and their kitchen was just filled with the stuff, I had to fight the urge to just go and start cooking something! That is pretty cheap too. Last year I found a great little bargain in Sainsburys where they were selling little Le Creuset baking dishes (sort of small loaf tin size) filled up with different cheeses. They made great pressies and they were only a £10, I even bought one for myself, sadly though it's the only Le Creuset item I own, but its a start. I dream of a kitchen filled with Le Creuset and Cornish Wear *sigh*, just like my Nan had :happy:.
Aw what a shame you can't manage this, Red, I doubt you'll ever find that size at that price again. I
Those Sainsburys cheeses in le Creuset dishes, do sound like great little bargains, I'd have been over to moon to receive one of those.

I like most of the Le Creuset range, however, I must admit that I dislike the big frying pan. One of my sisters had one, and it has a really long handle. then you have the very heavy cast iron pan on the end. The combination of the two makes it very very heavy to lift, almost painfully so, very awkward.

I am happy enough with my trusty stainless steel saucepans, so I don't yearn for Le Creuset ones, theyre kinda heavy for my wrists, for everyday use. It's definitely the ovenware that I :wubu:

ValentineBBW

seeking Vegas
I absolutely agree, Valentine. I make my braised oxtail in mine, and when you see the state of the Casserole Dish (do you call it a Dutch oven?), you'd think it would never clean up. But it just takes a quick rub round with a scoury sponge and it's spotless again. What colour(s) do you have? Mine is dark blue, and my son bought me a little 18cm one for my Christmas, dark blue too. I have ordered this light blue one too, just because I couldn't pass up that opportunity!

The one thing I would say about Le Creuset cast iron, is don't put it in the dishwasher. It will survive okay, but the dishwasher fades the glossy paintwork on the outside, making it look really cloudy and dull.
I do call it a dutch oven :)
Off hand here is a list of what I have. Understand that some of this was passed down from my grandmother and the others are what my mom has acquired. Amazon often has good sales and we grab them up when they do.

blue oval 3.5 qt french oven
7 qt orange
2 qt round orange
8 inch square green
red square - probably 8 or 9 inchs - can't remember
9x11? rectangular - blue

I put mine in the dishwasher and can't say that I've had problems with the finish. I can't say that I always put them in, but they have been in the dishwasher, lid and all several times.

You are so right, if you used Le Creuset before and you would look at the pot after cooking stew or pot roast you'd cringe, but just a little water and a soft dishrag and it comes right up. The finish is so slick that it just doesn't stick and trust me folks, if anyone could burn something and make a mess its my mother and myself. We both can be messy cooks, good but messy:p

Latest posts