unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
I currently have an iPhone with a small data plan (like 300mb or something) but seeing as how I never use it for internet purposes, and the fact that it annoys the hell out of me compared to my old Samsung (for various reasons), I've been thinking about nixing the plan altogether and going back to the old system. I've noticed though, that (at least with my provider) there didn't seem to be many options for non-smart phones anymore the last time I checked (i.e. phones that don't require a data plan, period.) And the few that do, have a higher out-of-pocket initial expense. I wouldn't be surprised to see them fade to oblivion entirely in the not so distant future =/.

All that said, I'm with you in sharing this "unpopular opinion", all the way. With all the phones I've owned over the years, this smart phone has been the most disappointing and the extra price for a service I don't even use only adds insult to injury.

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I have a dumbphone but I hardly ever use it and don't even know where it is most of the time because I don't see the point in mobile phones and don't like being so easy to contact.

I also don't like kids. They are annoying as hell.

And here is my most unpopular opinion... I feel no sympathy for the girl that was bitten to death by her family pet. 1. She is dead, she doesn't appreciate the sympathy. 2. The sympathy would be for her family but if they are stupid enough to leave a four year old in a room alone unsupervised with a large dog they picked up from the shelter the week before, it is their own stupid fault this happened. 99% of dog attacks are the fault of the person rather than the dog. Especially children, most of whom are like my uncle's kids and spend their lives pulling, poking, hitting and generally harassing the dog for months before it finally snaps. I also hate the 'there were no warning signs' crap. There are always warning signs before a dog bites somebody. If you are too stupid and ignorant to read them and still decide to leave your child alone with the dog, I have no sympathy for you.

*waits for the boos*

Lil BigginZ

just a NORML guy
I really hate sleeping, I'm only cool with it whenever someone is laying next to me. My batteries recharge with 3 hours of sleep and I'm good to go for another 20 hour stretch.

Christmas music is only acceptable in the month of December. Same thing goes for Christmas lights.

Mother's day can suck a bag of dicks.

ODFFA

Most people give themselves way too much credit for being pleasant and lovable when they're really drunk. The people that know how to be agreeably uninhibited (it exists!) are pretty few and far between. Silly-drunk people are as annoying to me as children are to some of you :p

Different strokes though. No judgement, just my unpopular opinion :batting:

Esther

Queen Black Acid
I can't read ebooks on a tablet. I want a real book to hold in my hands and put on a shelf when I'm finished it.
Same. I have never made it through an e-book. My mind just shuts off when I look at a screen.

RabbitScorpion

vienna carrier-no venom
here's mine: i have a dumbphone and have no intention of ever getting a smartphone/data plan.
Has anyone else but me noticed that as phones get "smarter", they get to be worse at "being phones", that is, with every new version of a smart phone, the sound quality becomes poorer and dropouts (including lost calls) become more frequent.

A friend of mine was so proud to get an iPhone 5s on its first day of release - since then, I call him on his landline!

tankyguy

Jar Jar wasn't some turning point that ruined Star Wars forever.

That happened years before when Lucas retroactively had Luke open-mouth-kiss his sister.

Latest posts