unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Amaranthine

Adamant Anti-Nihilist
Sugar cookies? The recipes (sans chips) seem identical.

Also I think 'Sugar Cookies' would be a great pet name for a romantic partner.
:happy:
Brown sugar cookies? I can see what you're going for though. I'm a big fan of chocolate chip cookies, but I don't like them overloaded with chocolate chips. I love those bites where you get no chocolate too.
I...uh...have never had a sugar cookie. That sounds like the perfect solution! Thank you :D

Questionably unpopular opinion: Oatmeal raisin is really where it's at.

Reactions: Tad

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
Everything about that movie, including Heath Ledger, was terrible.
Going to have to respectfully disagree. I thought his performance was the only thing that made the movie worth watching.

I...uh...have never had a sugar cookie. That sounds like the perfect solution! Thank you :D

Questionably unpopular opinion: Oatmeal raisin is really where it's at.
Hell yes... I could go for some of that.

ODFFA

Relative to all the smartphone-dumbphone talk that’s been had on here....... I must confess to rather loving my smartypantsphone. However, I regret ‘upgrading’ to touch screen only. Why on earth is that such a thing? I miss getting to lie down properly and still feel relatively able to text, and not having to rely so heavily on the word suggestions.

Allllso......raisins should not exist, they spoil everything. I have dreamed many a dream of raisin-free hot cross buns :eek:

lille

Allllso......raisins should not exist, they spoil everything. I have dreamed many a dream of raisin-free hot cross buns :eek:
Raisins are grapes with all the fun sucked out.

tankyguy

I had a teacher in elementary school who would give out boxes of raisins as 'rewards' for getting questions right in class. This motivated no one.

daver58

I believe that no chip chocolate chip cookies are called "Blondies"

Of course I could be wrong. :blush:

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
If landmines and blindfolds were involved, I'd be a voracious fan.
I'm on the working title blindsketmineball. Catchy right. Sounds German.

Relative to all the smartphone-dumbphone talk that’s been had on here....... I must confess to rather loving my smartypantsphone. However, I regret ‘upgrading’ to touch screen only. Why on earth is that such a thing? I miss getting to lie down properly and still feel relatively able to text, and not having to rely so heavily on the word suggestions.

I wish raisins had a face so I could punch them in it.
12 foot away from muffin = mmm a choc chip muffin, yippy!
1 foot away = Yuck! You suck! FUCK! Just my luck!

lille

I believe that no chip chocolate chip cookies are called "Blondies"

Of course I could be wrong. :blush:
I think blondies are non-chocolate brownies, or at least around here that's they're called.

CastingPearls

Go Big Or Go Home
In Remembrance

I love raisins, but my gran used to make Rice Krispy treats with them and I'd always get faked out and think they were chocolate chips.

I believe this is the reason I have trust issues.

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
I had those as a kid. Didn't they come from KFC or something?
I'm not sure which company they originated, but yeah, they were pretty big in the adverts scene back in the 80s. You might remember some of those old commercials where they do covers of "I Heard it through the Grapevine" among others. They also had a weird cover with a claymation Michael Jackson. I'd link 'em but I'm writing on a shitty android device so it's a pain to multitask.

I love that old claymation stuff.

tankyguy

I'm not sure which company they originated, but yeah, they were pretty big in the adverts scene back in the 80s. You might remember some of those old commercials where they do covers of "I Heard it through the Grapevine" among others. They also had a weird cover with a claymation Michael Jackson. I'd link 'em but I'm writing on a shitty android device so it's a pain to multitask.

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the California Raisins. They were animated by Will Vinton. I got to meet the guy once. His studio also did segments in Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Return to Oz and the Noid commercials for Domino's.

I miss the Noid. He was a great mascot.

ODFFA

Claymation for the yes! I used to loooove watching Eddie Murphy's weird little claymation series thingy, The PJs. It had a very small stint in SA and I still feel like the only person in the world who knows about that show. A little unpopular, I would imagine. And admittedly a little comically lame. But...... claymation!

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
Claymation for the yes! I used to loooove watching Eddie Murphy's weird little claymation series thingy, The PJs. It had a very small stint in SA and I still feel like the only person in the world who knows about that show. A little unpopular, I would imagine. And admittedly a little comically lame. But...... claymation!
Smokey :)

Love this.
love
love
love

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Be still my beating heart. I love me some Eddie Murphy and I was SO sad this show didn't run longer. Short stint all around.

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
They originated in a promotional campaign by the California Raisin Advisory Board.
Ah, well that makes sense :p. Thanks for clarifying.

Oh yeah, I'm familiar with the California Raisins. They were animated by Will Vinton. I got to meet the guy once. His studio also did segments in Michael Jackson's Moonwalker, Return to Oz and the Noid commercials for Domino's.

I miss the Noid. He was a great mascot.
Man, I haven't thought about that character in years -- I honestly couldn't even remember him. Then I checked a few of the commercials on youtube and wow... bitch slap of nostalgia :happy:.

I agree, I'd like to see some of those old mascots make a return. They actually gave the commercials a tiny bit of entertainment value.

Ha, you're not alone -- I used to watch the crap out of that. I remember talking to classmates about it, back in middle school (hard to believe it's been that long since it originally aired.) One of the last (if not the last...?) good claymation series on cable.

"Supah, hey Supah!" :D