Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

fritzi

I love my smart phone.
I hate TexMex cuisine.
I'm sceptical of so-called true love.

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
Aside from Heath Ledger's awesome contribution, I wasn't a huge fan of "The Dark Knight."

CleverBomb

On Space Out
The War on Christmas is failing because we lack resolve.
Saying "Happy Holidays" and restricting Nativity displays on public property isn't working -- they've even broken through the line of Halloween!

Christmas lights show up quite well on drone cameras. I'm just sayin'.

freakyfred

\_(O_o)_/
Rose Tyler was a bad character. She was fine in Series 1 but when she gets all lovey dovey with Ten, it's out of place. She would have been a stronger character if she had died in Doomsday. The Stolen Earth/Journey's End story was the worst thing to happen in Doctor Who.

Yes that includes the Myrka.

Reactions: Tad

dodobird

I don't like kids. I find them irritating as hell.
THIS. I get such bizarre reactions when I tell people this. "But you were a child once!!!" What difference does that make? I didn't particularly like other children even then! I'm not advocating a cull of them, I just don't like to spend more time with them than I have to! And, uh, yes, that does extend to not wanting to produce any. I have no way of proving that it WON'T "be different when it's [my] own" but it seems like a hell of a risk for something I don't consider a reward.

Mckee said:
I can't read ebooks on a tablet. I want a real book to hold in my hands and put on a shelf when I'm finished it.
Agreed. I wouldn't even say this opinion is unpopular, but then in recent years I have been both a literature student and employed at a book shop so my sample range may not be representative.

loopytheone said:
And here is my most unpopular opinion... I feel no sympathy for the girl that was bitten to death by her family pet. 1. She is dead, she doesn't appreciate the sympathy. 2. The sympathy would be for her family but if they are stupid enough to leave a four year old in a room alone unsupervised with a large dog they picked up from the shelter the week before, it is their own stupid fault this happened. 99% of dog attacks are the fault of the person rather than the dog. Especially children, most of whom are like my uncle's kids and spend their lives pulling, poking, hitting and generally harassing the dog for months before it finally snaps. I also hate the 'there were no warning signs' crap. There are always warning signs before a dog bites somebody. If you are too stupid and ignorant to read them and still decide to leave your child alone with the dog, I have no sympathy for you.
Mostly agreed. I feel sorry for the kid because it wasn't her fault and now she's been robbed of the chance to do something with her life. But the issue of dangerous dogs does anger me. Even if it is the dog's fault, the dog was almost certainly mistreated to make it vicious. And yes, don't leave your child alone with a potentially dangerous animal. That shouldn't need to be said.

LilBigginZ said:
Christmas music is only acceptable in the month of December. Same thing goes for Christmas lights.
Oh my goodness yes. Every time I hear a Christmas song in OCTOBER WTF, another little piece of me dies.

Actually, that's my unpopular opinion: I hate Christmas. I don't want to. I miss loving it. But my last couple of Christmases have been a letdown and I don't see how it can NOT be a letdown with the ridiculous amount of hype it gets MONTHS IN ADVANCE. Everyone gets driven into an utter frenzy of shopping and excess and there's this pressure to have a PERFECT day full of WARMTH and LOVE with your family, so of course there's arguing and disappointment and bitterness. Or maybe that's just me. But I actually do love my family and get on pretty well with them now I've moved out, but I've stopped going back for Christmas because I just don't want to participate. I still get presents for them, but that's a whole barrel of stress by itself.

I do like the decorations, though. And The Muppet Christmas Carol. But then, I'm only human.

Reactions: Tad

Mckee

Agreed. I wouldn't even say this opinion is unpopular, but then in recent years I have been both a literature student and employed at a book shop so my sample range may not be representative.
You are right, a little clarification is needed. I work in an high technology environment, and 90% of my colleagues are tech-nerd: always with the latest mobile, computer, tablet and so on.
When they see me reading newspapers or books, the common comment is: "Hey, we are in the 21th century you know?"

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Actually, that's my unpopular opinion: I hate Christmas. I don't want to. I miss loving it. But my last couple of Christmases have been a letdown and I don't see how it can NOT be a letdown with the ridiculous amount of hype it gets MONTHS IN ADVANCE. Everyone gets driven into an utter frenzy of shopping and excess and there's this pressure to have a PERFECT day full of WARMTH and LOVE with your family, so of course there's arguing and disappointment and bitterness. Or maybe that's just me. But I actually do love my family and get on pretty well with them now I've moved out, but I've stopped going back for Christmas because I just don't want to participate. I still get presents for them, but that's a whole barrel of stress by itself.

I do like the decorations, though. And The Muppet Christmas Carol. But then, I'm only human.
Same here, I'm not a fan of the "Season" simply due to the attitude of people. All year people piss and moan about bullshit, they're allholes and jerks, but come Christmas time everyone is in a great mood and wants to do good and what not. Come January 2nd, everyone is an asshole again. Fuck off.

dodobird

You are right, a little clarification is needed. I work in an high technology environment, and 90% of my colleagues are tech-nerd: always with the latest mobile, computer, tablet and so on.
When they see me reading newspapers or books, the common comment is: "Hey, we are in the 21th century you know?"
Ah yes, so kind of the opposite end of the spectrum! Interestingly, I love gadgets as well, I just don't want them mixing with my reading materials.

Hozay J Garseeya said:
Same here, I'm not a fan of the "Season" simply due to the attitude of people. All year people piss and moan about bullshit, they're allholes and jerks, but come Christmas time everyone is in a great mood and wants to do good and what not. Come January 2nd, everyone is an asshole again. Fuck off.
Exactly. It's like how Valentines Day is stupid because you should show your love for your significant other all the time, not just because it's February 14th. If you believe in love and good deeds and like giving gifts to friends and family you should just do it, not temporarily lose your shit and then fall right back into curmudgeonliness afterwards.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
The War on Christmas is failing because we lack resolve.
Saying "Happy Holidays" and restricting Nativity displays on public property isn't working -- they've even broken through the line of Halloween!

Christmas lights show up quite well on drone cameras. I'm just sayin'.
It's freedom-haters like you that only allow me to celebrate Jesusmas 23 hours a day for a whole month instead of the 24 this nation was built upon! :mad:

CleverBomb

On Space Out
It's freedom-haters like you that only allow me to celebrate Jesusmas 23 hours a day for a whole month instead of the 24 this nation was built upon! :mad:
For the first time in 152 years, and the last time ever (because the Hebrew and Julian calendars handle leap years differently so they'll diverge), the first day of Hanukkah falls on Thanksgiving this year.

Happy Thanksgivukkah!

bigmac

Apparently liking kids is an unpopular opinion.

I like them -- most of the time.

bigmac

here's mine: i have a dumbphone and have no intention of ever getting a smartphone/data plan.
Yes! Why pay hundreds of dollars for a phone that plays stupid games when you can buy a perfectly serviceable flip phone for less that $30.

bigmac

I hate Christmas shopping. I refuse to buy anything on Black Friday. I'm going to the beach.

Mr Gosh

Here's one that's probably going to enrage a few people but I don't care because I feel I am correct in what I'm going to say.

I blame Madeleine McCann's parents for her disappearance. Don't get me wrong, no doubt, whoever took her deserves a year spent in my company with my tools, a lot of booze and a cessation of taking my meds. As do whatever sick individuals he/she was colluding with but if an adult had been in the room then I very much doubt she would have been abducted.

I truly believe that if they weren't well respected doctors who are incredibly popular in "that social scene", and instead worked minimum wage jobs then they would have been charged at least with neglecting a child and would more than likely be serving time right now.

Anyone that leaves a child just shy of four years old unattended while they go for a meal is not fit to have children in there care.

Melian

Ultimate Chimera
Oh....all my opinions are unpopular. Don't even know where to start. :p

dodobird

Anyone that leaves a child just shy of four years old unattended while they go for a meal is not fit to have children in there care.
I have to agree with you there. Of course no one DESERVES what happened to them (and, much more importantly, what happened to Madeleine), but how can you leave a child that young alone with your two other (even younger!) children in a strange place so that you can go and have dinner with your friends?! Even if we lived in a world where no one did harm to children, what about the harm they can do to themselves at that age? I can't understand how they can have done what they did.

Latest posts