unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Cursed is (s)he who says anything negative about Nelson Mandela or his passing! :p

Seriously though, I can appreciate the fact that it will probably become an irritating topic to many. But if ever there was a man worth your irritation.....

:wubu:
I can see people from outside the country complaining about all the coverage, even people who are old enough to remember all the issues, but it's a bit different when you're from his country.

Don't let them get you down, we just don't get "it." ;)

Paquito

don't July to me
I've never really understood why people need to demean others for mourning the loss of someone famous. And I especially would not understand that kind of response to Nelson Mandela's passing. I mean a celebrity is one thing, but Mandela changed history. I *think* it's okay to be sad that he passed away.

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
I've never really understood why people need to demean others for mourning the loss of someone famous. And I especially would not understand that kind of response to Nelson Mandela's passing. I mean a celebrity is one thing, but Mandela changed history. I *think* it's okay to be sad that he passed away.
Yep, Mandela is a definite exception to the rule. I'm just going to enjoy the people who said he was a violent terrorist 20 years ago praising him now *coughcameroncough*

ODFFA

I can see people from outside the country complaining about all the coverage, even people who are old enough to remember all the issues, but it's a bit different when you're from his country.

Don't let them get you down, we just don't get "it." ;)
Oh I bet even people from here will start finding it exasperating, and that's totally understandable. (This is but the beginning of the coverage for us :p ) I wouldn't feel down about anything like that. In fact, I guess what I'm saying is, it'd kinda make me smile cheekily to myself.

biglynch

http://www.facebook.com/#!/aiden.j.lynch,
Oh I bet even people from here will start finding it exasperating, and that's totally understandable. (This is but the beginning of the coverage for us :p ) I wouldn't feel down about anything like that. In fact, I guess what I'm saying is, it'd kinda make me smile cheekily to myself.
I genuinely thought he had died months ago when he was ill. Five days of no news at Glastonbury festival is what I’m blaming. So I was shocked yesterday when I heard he was dead again.
While we are on this as well, anybody who thinks its being overly covered in the news might be insane. Its getting less coverage than Michael Jackson’s death.

Now I like Xmas, but decorations in houses might be my least favourite bit. Behind Xmas cards. I HATE CARDS!

CleverBomb

On Space Out
I'm doing my part in the War on Christmas by infiltrating a group of motorscooter riders that will be sightseeing in neighborhoods with especially festive lights and yard displays -- or, as I prefer to call it, reconnaissance...

MrSensible

Welcome to Moonside.
Dubstep makes me want to castrate offending DJs with their own vinyl.

No, I'm not much of a fan.

fat9276

Cream cheese frosting! Ruining cakes and/or desserts since 1957. :mad:

Oh and the Hunger Games book series, dry and meh. I understand it's geared towards teens but the author's lack of description made it borrrring *yawn*

JASmith

Godless heathen
Guns are NOT a blight on the face of humanity. It's the rectal orifices that use them to kill people that are the problem.

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Frank Miller is over rated in the comic world and his dialogue and story telling are poor.

tankyguy

Frank Miller is over rated in the comic world and his dialogue and story telling are poor.
That's not all that unpopular of an opinion. With the exception of the Dark Knight Returns and Year One, every Batman comic he's written is generally regarded by comic fans as a bucket full of crazy.

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
That's not all that unpopular of an opinion. With the exception of the Dark Knight Returns and Year One, every Batman comic he's written is generally regarded by comic fans as a bucket full of crazy.
I was going to say the same thing.

I think Allan Moore is a heaping pile of dickhead.

I'm not sure that's an unpopular opinion either.

Tad

mostly harmless
I remember first hearing people gush about him when he was on Daredevil (early 80s). One of my friends had been collecting Daredevil comics anyway, so I got to read those. There was no question that what he did was better than most of what was being pumped out at the time, but, but I didn't think it was worth as much fuss as it got. In other words, much of the field was pretty bad and very unoriginal, so a competent journeyman writer and artist with a distinctive vibe stood out.

I did follow some of his first exploits on Batman, but what I really saw was him trying to crank up the epic, in ways that I thought didn't really work with character. It felt like he was trying to prove what a star he was, rather than having real respect for the serial, ongoing, nature of the character's stories.

I've not followed him since then, so no real idea if he's gotten better or worse, but I wonder if being a bit better than field got him too much praise too early?

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
Now Grant Morrison. There's an amazing Scotsman!

I think an unpopular opinion would be "Grant Morrison can suck a dick."

But nobody would ever say that, except for shock value of course.

tankyguy

That seems completely true, the guys comics are fantastic but he seems like a massive shithead.
"Mainstream publishers are shite and Hollywood adaptations of my works are a travesty!"

So you turn down the money they give you and refuse to benefit from the massive exposure they continue to bring you?

"Oh bloody hell no! That's how I finance my beard and magic!"
:doh:

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
Now Grant Morrison. There's an amazing Scotsman!

I think an unpopular opinion would be "Grant Morrison can suck a dick."

But nobody would ever say that, except for shock value of course.
No they wouldn't... and if they tried I'd beat them about the head with my copy of Arkham Asylum until serious damage occured.

Group builder