unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
Funny you should mention it...I've often thought the same thing about children. :)

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
A little healthy competition can be challenging and fun, but I think we've gone overboard: practically every human pastime has been warped into a duel to the death. The martial arts were once a way to develop body and mind; now they're just more sports events. So many pastimes that people used to do solely for enjoyment --ballroom dancing, crossword puzzles, scrabble -- have been turned into white-knuckle struggles to beat someone...or everyone. Where will it all end? Will our children watch internationally televised masturbation contests? I wish I could say I doubt it.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Where will it all end? Will our children watch internationally televised masturbation contests? I wish I could say I doubt it.
** SNipped

There would even be a competition about that too.. whose is bigger.. do you want only straight ones? ones that bend to the right/left? all before getting to "who can last the longest".. or shot the biggest load..

lol

ODFFA

I'm sitting outside right now on the mistiest of mornings I've ever experienced in Cape Town. Grey skies, trees fading into the foggy background. Feels like Scotland.....except it's not even cold :happy: How anyone can prefer a harsh, brightass blue sky with the sun making obnoxious jabs at their vision is beyond me.

dwesterny

Unpleasantly Plump
I'm sitting outside right now on the mistiest of mornings I've ever experienced in Cape Town. Grey skies, trees fading into the foggy background. Feels like Scotland.....except it's not even cold :happy: How anyone can prefer a harsh, brightass blue sky with the sun making obnoxious jabs at their vision is beyond me.
Heh, in this part of the states we forget what the sun looks like from about November to the end of March. A grey layer of clouds rolls in early November and blue sky is a distant memory.

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Yep, weather variety is good. Glad that you got a change up, Odette :)

Wes, only a few more weeks to hold out -- I hope the bourbon will last until then!

loopytheone

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
According to the 'happy' thread here, this is an unpopular opinion, but I can't stand James Cordon, he makes me want to punch him in the face everytime I see him on tv. :mad:

Ruby Ripples

Dis Member
According to the 'happy' thread here, this is an unpopular opinion, but I can't stand James Cordon, he makes me want to punch him in the face everytime I see him on tv. :mad:
My son can't stand him either. I like him but I feel the punch in face rage every time I see Jamie Oliver's smug, slabbering tongued face, argh!!!

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
From the pissing off thread:

I have to confess I do not remember dates of birthdays or other special events. I think that if events are important to people they should tell me. That is what I do with events I want people to celebrate. I know it upsets some people, but I only expect the same for me; i will remind people of upcoming events only if i want to celebrate with them and for them to lock their dates down.

(This isn't directed at you Ruby btw; i just missed my uncles bday two days ago, so this reminded me...and other people in my family find it frustrating).

Tho facebook reminders help, i confess!!!

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
Loopy you're not alone. James Cordon isn't my cup of tea either.

From my observations he's one of these Brits who - for whichever reasons - strongly appeals to North Americans, being much more popular on the Western than on the Eastern shore of the Atlantic.

Crumbling

Distilled Evil
He's a really good writer, his work with Ruth Jones on 'Gavin and Stacey' was downright brilliant...but his one trick 'Smiffy' TV persona is awful.

The Smiffy character in gavin and stacey was actually more endearing.

I have no idea if it's a caricature of himself or if he's actually become a caricature of himself.. but either way I wish he'd stop.

I'm bad for remembering birthdays too, there's a few that stuck... like my own, my mum and my sister, but I have to make an effort for other people that matter... Which is why I've had a google calendar of birthdays giving me a couple of days warning for almost a decade. I remember my wife's (Not that I ever missed it!) a lot better since it got incorporated into the netflix password :-/

Xyantha Reborn

- Actually Very Tame!
Havn't had TV for 7 years or so. I was just looking at topless pics on google when i searched for him, haha.

Yeah crumbling - i barely remember my own, and i can never remember me and the hubby's anniversary, despite it being on the same day we started dating. Most people have just learned to remind me - also, many of my friends and even coworkers HATE being reminded of their bday/having it celebrated, so its become a sort of weird courtesy too

ODFFA

Corden was, for a time, an arrogant prick. I like him because of how he completely owned up to it later on, but I absolutely get people thinking of him in those terms and wanting to rearrange his face. I also get how his persona is off-putting for some people and just like Crumbling, I've wondered about that caricature thing myself.

lucca23v2

Curves for miles
Is he the guy that does the car karaoke with stars?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Latest posts