unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

agouderia

Library Girl
Staff member
Library Mod
From what I've seen of your French, you should be past the necessary linguistic 'point of no return' - meaning that even if you concentrated on Spanish now, you wouldn't lose your French any more.

That's also important in the context that before switching from one Romanesque language to the other, you need a level of proficiency to not mess them all up - and in consequence learn none of them properly.

In this line - bonne chance - mucha suerte - buona fortuna! *

* ironically one of the few that diverge strongly in the 3 major Romanesque languages.....

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
That's also important in the context that before switching from one Romanesque language to the other, you need a level of proficiency to not mess them all up - and in consequence learn none of them properly.
I suspect this is true for all languages, having once tried to learn Mandarin at the time I was studying Hebrew. The results, such as they were, were not pretty. :(

LeoGibson

Happy
Unless the proper Spanish differs from the Mexicanized version I've learned, buena suerte would be the more common usage for good luck although I could see some dialects choosing much luck or mucha suerte as equally interchangeable.

ODFFA

The 70s are my least favourite decade. Everything about it just grosses me out. I've been seeing one too many of those double-bridged glasses lately. I hope to God they're not making a comeback.

And, for a Christmassy one: I always enjoy the leftover cold-meat-on-a-bun way more than the proper Christmas meal.

Reactions: Tad

jakemcduck

The 70s are my least favourite decade. Everything about it just grosses me out. I've been seeing one too many of those double-bridged glasses lately. I hope to God they're not making a comeback.

And, for a Christmassy one: I always enjoy the leftover cold-meat-on-a-bun way more than the proper Christmas meal.
I had this pair of light brown plaid pants that I used to love as a kid in the 70s. So, yeah I hope they don't come back either.

The toys were higher quality though compared to today.

Tad

mostly harmless

I had a good time as a kid living in the 70s, but I'm with you in not wishing anything from the decade to come back. Welll, maybe The Muppet Show, but not any of the styles.

Rojodi

I might just have to do that. A great big bowl of Quisp! Although, back in the day, I voted for Quake.
I was a Quisp eater in the winter, loved Super Sugar Crisps and Sugar Smacks in the summer. Some reason, the bear and the frog tasted better while camping.

Dr. Feelgood

intellectual nerd
It doesn't take much to be one of the best TV shows ever made. Television only exists to sell you what you don't need and don't want. This is especially true in an election year,

Rojodi

Not that excited about the upcoming movies "Fast Nine" and "Top Gun: Maverick"
C'mon, there has to be more ideas for Hollywood to make!

Colonial Warrior

Not that excited about the upcoming movies "Fast Nine" and "Top Gun: Maverick"
C'mon, there has to be more ideas for Hollywood to make!
Hollywood lacks of fresh ideas. The episodes eight and nine of Star Wars suck. It's not so easy to say after all those years praising SW.

I still love BSG Classic. The Cylon Empire took Disney!

Group builder