unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

I’m sorry, I’m not trying to poop on the show you like, but I submit that Friends was not actually funny and that the writing was stilted and awkward. Watch clips of the show without a laugh track and it becomes very evident.

I’m sorry, I’m not trying to poop on the show you like, but I submit that Friends was not actually funny and that the writing was stilted and awkward. Watch clips of the show without a laugh track and it becomes very evident.

i don’t love friends, but it had a live audience and a laugh track, same as Seinfeld. But all shows with laugh tracks sound weird without the laugh track. There are artificial pauses in there. And it sounds stilted and weird. But it wasn’t supposed to be watched without the laughter. Music videos without the music are weird too

i don’t love friends, but it had a live audience and a laugh track, same as Seinfeld. But all shows with laugh tracks sound weird without the laugh track. There are artificial pauses in there. And it sounds stilted and weird. But it wasn’t supposed to be watched without the laughter. Music videos without the music are weird too

I saw the show when it was still running too. You’re right, the pauses for the laugh track do make it seem more stilted than it was on the actual show, but but I felt the same way about it when I tried to watch it on tv years ago.

I don’t know, I’m not trying to be a jerk or anything and just put the show down. I just feel like its popularity had more to do with the charisma of the actors (some more than others) than the jokes or situations. Maybe it’s just not my style of humor, but all the jokes seem obvious and flat to me and it confuses me as to why so many people loved this show so much.

Reactions: Tad
Ah yeah I forgot about this guy! Played by Tim Curry in later episodes (not in that pic, which was his first appearance) if I’m not mistaken.

Latest posts