unpopular opinions thread

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
"Mainstream publishers are shite and Hollywood adaptations of my works are a travesty!"

So you turn down the money they give you and refuse to benefit from the massive exposure they continue to bring you?

"Oh bloody hell no! That's how I finance my beard and magic!"
:doh:
Well he does turn down the money he would make from the adaptations themselves - and makes sure to mention that so we all know how swell he is - but that doesn't account for the money he makes from the increase in sales of his overrated series' whenever a shitty movie is made from one of them. He hasn't mentioned giving that up shockingly.

When I run into Gaiman in Cambridge one of these days (shut up, it'll happen!) I'm going to ask him how he can stand this guy and try to resist the temptation to ask a similar question about his wife.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
Back on topic...

With the exception of Neil Gaiman comic book writers don't count as real writers.

Goreki

Fairy tales and Woe
When I run into Gaiman in Cambridge one of these days (shut up, it'll happen!) I'm going to ask him how he can stand this guy and try to resist the temptation to ask a similar question about his wife.
No you MUST ask him that! I have never seen such an awkward banshee in my life!

spookytwigg

Have an A-1 day
I only ever see Amanda Palmer's name accompanied by copious amounts of fawning and sex noises. I don't see how liking her is an unpopular opinion.
I am unfortunately one of the fawny people... but I'll at least admit it.

I also love Gaiman, they're two of my favourite people.

ODFFA

I confess to being a huge admirer of Celine Dion -- much more as a human being than as a singer -- despite her admittedly corny moments. Though, having said the singer part, her latest song 'Loved Me Back To Life' is fucking exquisite :happy:

Hozay J Garseeya

Rooder. Crooder. Neuter.
I confess to being a huge admirer of Celine Dion -- much more as a human being than as a singer -- despite her admittedly corny moments. Though, having said the singer part, her latest song 'Loved Me Back To Life' is fucking exquisite :happy:
This might be the worst opinion on this thread yet....:doh:

:D just kidding lady, you know I love you.

Cobra Verde

Lupus Dei
Military service itself isn't heroic. The idea that soldiers are keeping the US safe is spit-take worthy.

Death To Smoochy was awesome.

Guns are NOT a blight on the face of humanity. It's the rectal orifices that use them to kill people that are the problem.
Couldn't agree more. Which is why it's imperative to have better gun-control laws that help keep guns out of the hands of said orifices. :)

Treach

The following things suck (in no particular order):

-Doctor Who (they should have stuck with "the adventures of boring space-Brit" as the title, but c'est la vie)
-Children. All kinds (your kid is not special, nor is it a miracle, nor is it an accessory, nor is it a good excuse to be ruining anyone else's time. Some people may be pumped that you turned semen into a person, but not me)
-The Walking Dead (a show that's wildly successful despite being as poorly written as Sons of Anarchy but with - against all odds - worse acting. Which reminds me...)
-Sons of Anarchy (someone should tell people who think that biker culture is cool that it's almost 2014)
-Cats (are kittens adorable? Unquestionably. Can some cats be cool? Sure. Are most cats aloof asshole money-sinks? Yes. Also nearly everything the internet has universally decreed is awesome is, in fact, not awesome)
-Anything Joss Whedon has put on television ("but Firefly was awesome", says everyone. Well where were you when it was on the air? Since it only got 6 episodes I'm going to say that no, it probably wasn't as awesome as you think)
-Mass Effect (a game series for people who are willing to ignore how bad a games story and characters are so long as it plays like Gears of War with space superpowers. And has digital sex scenes to unlock)

...I could keep going but I'm bumming myself out listing all these lame things.

Mckee

I was always quite indifferent to kids…but recently I have gladly joined the "I don't like kids" club.

Saoirse

this thread bums me out.

everyones focusing on things they dont like. Lets focus on things we love and think no one else does!