Urging Parents to Stop Passing Negative Body Images to Their Children

Dimensions Magazine

Help Support Dimensions Magazine:

Donna

the book version is always better

op user

I have a small story to narrate here not because I feel I look good but it shows how much work it needs to be done by parents and relatives.

I have started dating a nice plumb lady mother of a daughter and aunt to a niece. The lady was explaining to her niece, cup size is random and doesn't impact the lady. Her daughter would like some enhancement in that field. So discussing how much I like her body she said I should (jokingly) I should make this statement in front of her sister.

I said no problem as long as your niece is not present. I wouldn't want to make the young one feel bad.

Mrs Peaches

My heart really goes out to those that don't have the support from parents or siblings. I grew up in a home where we were told you are intelligent, beautiful and can do or be anything you set your mind too. Anyone reading this just know you are worthy.

AtYourMercy

My mother taught me to hate myself. I was always a plump kid. She constantly berated me for being fat. I was told that no one wants a fatty to love so I'd never find anyone to marry me. At 16 she wanted me to get cosmetic surgery to fix my fatness since all I did was eat. She even told a group of friends one day that I had to take multiple showers a day because I stunk so much.

Donna

the book version is always better
My mother taught me to hate myself. I was always a plump kid. She constantly berated me for being fat. I was told that no one wants a fatty to love so I'd never find anyone to marry me. At 16 she wanted me to get cosmetic surgery to fix my fatness since all I did was eat. She even told a group of friends one day that I had to take multiple showers a day because I stunk so much.
I understand and I’m sorry. I hope you’ve been able to work past it. 🙂

Reactions: Tad

Tad

Dimensions' loiterer
Staff member
Global Moderator
Library Mod
That is awful, AtYourMercy. And I echo Donna, I hope you have found ways and/or received help in moving past those poisonous messages.

Latest posts